Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

Yea I literally can’t be bothered with any of that. Not for another 10+ bucks. I already pay enough for streaming stuff. Soon I’ll be paying the same I did for cable

Yea I literally can’t be bothered with any of that. Not for another 10+ bucks. I already pay enough for streaming stuff. Soon I’ll be paying the same I did for cable

I agree. All of these services are exhausting. Not to stray too far off topic, but I just don't want to pay for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, DC Comics' new one, this Disney thing, CBS All Access, etc. Phew. I'll just stick with one or two.

The Mandalorian, the Star Wars TV show created by Jon Faverau for Disney's streaming service; has begun.

The Mandalorian First Image, Directors Revealed | StarWars.com

Dave Filoni (The Clone Wars/Rebels), Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok) are all directing the episodes.

Set In-Between Return of The Jedi & The Force Awakens, it centers on a lone gunfighter, in the outer reaches of space; away from the New Republic's hands.

When is all of this going to hit Disney’s earnings?

It seems like all of this is for the streaming service, which releases next year. They’re dedicating a frightening amount of money to new streaming series. I kind of expect all of the production costs for all of these to hit their earnings now. That, in turn, would probably (temporarily) reek havoc on their profits.

When is all of this going to hit Disney’s earnings?

It seems like all of this is for the streaming service, which releases next year. They’re dedicating a frightening amount of money to new streaming series. I kind of expect all of the production costs for all of these to hit their earnings now. That, in turn, would probably (temporarily) reek havoc on their profits.

I would wonder, but I think we need to remind ourselves to how much money Netflix puts for content.

turning things to a slightly more..positive base for Mandalorian,

This is actually a big thing for Star Wars on a directors front; as it brings the first female director to a Live Action front (Bryce), and a Nigerian-American director to the Live Action Front (Rick, who was apart of Flash at DC for a period of time as Director).

The level of diversity in the choices, especially for these two; are hopefully the start for getting more diverse and talented filmmakers going forward for the galaxy. At-least, as how I see it.

turning things to a slightly more..positive base for Mandalorian,

This is actually a big thing for Star Wars on a directors front; as it brings the first female director to a Live Action front (Bryce), and a Nigerian-American director to the Live Action Front (Rick, who was apart of Flash at DC for a period of time as Director).

The level of diversity in the choices, especially for these two; are hopefully the start for getting more diverse and talented filmmakers going forward for the galaxy. At-least, as how I see it.

The talent line up is incredible plus you know that Jon Favreau is going to nail it. This has the feel of a smaller project that could be loved more than the recent movies.

I'm the only one who thinks it's a total cop out that they came out and said "Oh, yeah, Favreau is doing a post-Return of the Jedi series." Then it turns out the premise is just a Western deliberately set as far away from the main locations and stories of the film series? Disney really has no intention of explaining in detail just what the hell happened in between the two trilogies, do they?

As a few other notes..

• Pricing will be revealed on Investor's Day in April
  • Disney as of now, will respect the theatrical schedule, and reserve 7 months until theatrical experiences hit the streaming service
  • A home video window, is being considered as-well.

I know when we moved to the US and we got the Disney Channel. I was so excited, until I saw the content and threw up in my mouth.

I'm kind of doing that right now. None of the shows sound very good at all and I love how they're not even pretending any of the deaths in Infinity War mattered, not even Loki's.

I mean, Loki did "die" in Dark World, and that was glossed off in it's own film.

It's also a comic book franchise, based off of material that kills off it's characters, only to bring them back in various scenarios and circumstances.

I would however, love, if this was set entirely in-between Dark World and Ragnarok, focusing on how Loki led Asgard during that time, along with exploring the nine realms..

Last edited:
I mean, Loki did "die" in Dark World, and that was glossed off in it's own film.

It's also a comic book franchise, based off of material that kills off it's characters, only to bring them back in various scenarios and circumstances.

I would however, love, if this was set entirely in-between Dark World and Ragnarok, focusing on how Loki led Asgard during that time, along with exploring the nine realms..

Loki's supposed death in Dark World was immediately outed at the end as another one of his illusions. That's not the same as seeing him choked to death on screen by another character. Also, the issue is not bringing him back even after Infinity War, it's Disney and Marvel creating this stupendous cliffhanger and then announcing all of these casting choices and series in various follow-ups even before Avengers 4 gets a title revelation. It's hokey.

I don't know what you can do with Loki over a series anyway. I could be proven wrong but the character has never even maintained a monthly comic book for very long, let alone a TV series.