Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WaterWorld

I’d rather have Transformers. MIB is overrated.

MIB was great for its time in the 90's. Now it has "Jaws-itus"...meaning its not kept up very well.

Transformers, while good, is not as great as Spider-Man. With the new additions of projection mapping for Spider-Man, I hope they can do the same with Transformers with its lack of practical effects.

I totally disagree. We don't need a shooter attraction. Disneyland Resort has two: one that's pretty good (Toy Story Midway mania) and another one I ride seldomly because it's meh (Buzz). I would not replace such an amazing show as Waterworld with a meh attraction. Waterworld is one of the highest rated guest experiences in the park (as I was told when I was asked to answer a survey in the park) and it's also a people eater. Universal needs shows since we don't get fireworks at night and Waterworld is just so amazing. I would not trade it for a D Ticket attraction. What I had wondered is if they could use the venue for night shows like a Fantasmic type of show there. I have seen the one at Universal Orlando, but it just doesn't cut it.

As long as there is an outdoor projection mapping show, there will be no nighttime shows of Waterworld as the venue already has to work around the automatic timing of WWoHP. Fireworks effect the projection mapping because of the location of Waterworld to Hogwarts.

I’ve heard some interesting things on the fate of Waterworld. I don’t know how reliable it is yet, but it was passed along my way..

Waterworld should never be removed. It’s too popular. Relocate it maybe?

I can see that happening, they can definitely use the space for a possible HP expansion. But I'm in the minority in thinking they should move it to where Special Effects and Animal Actors is (and close those two shows lol, I wasn't a fan of either of them)

I think it would cost too much for a relocation.

If it's getting replaced..one would have to ask, would it really be for Potter? Take 5 was shortly during the time before Potter, and they would have to go through that effort again to not only relocate that, but redo the staff infrastructure in that area of the park.

Methinks, if Waterworld is leaving sooner than later; it's for something completely different.

Edit: To put it to perspective, it'd only have half of the size that HMCMA has, and that's even including Take 5 Grill and various backstage that'd need to be relocated/demolished for them to go forward.

Last edited:
I think it would cost too much for a relocation.

If it's getting replaced..one would have to ask, would it really be for Potter? Take 5 was shortly during the time before Potter, and they would have to go through that effort again to not only relocate that, but redo the staff infrastructure in that area of the park.

Methinks, if Waterworld is leaving sooner than later; it's for something completely different.

Edit: To put it to perspective, it'd only have half of the size that HMCMA has, and that's even including Take 5 Grill and various backstage that'd need to be relocated/demolished for them to go forward.

There's also only so much space back there. There's the access road that runs between Potter and Waterworld that has to be preserved for production/fire code clearance.

There's also only so much space back there. There's the access road that runs between Potter and Waterworld that has to be preserved for production/fire code clearance.

Yup, which leads me to think; why would they want to cram in a Potter expansion in that space to begin with?

Thinking about it, and if they play their cards on certain areas; they could have 2 acres of space. It may not seem like much, but it could be a lot depending on how they develop it.

If they have decided more recent to potentially hasten Waterworld's departure to get something into the park's, I feel like they may need to think on capacity. Waterworld holds a crap ton of people, and it wouldn't be an easy thing to just get rid of that.