Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

I did not see anything about 6 months free at universal only the 3 months. Considering if you need parking Universal may be the worst value in Florida for passes otherwise. For renewals for an out of towner not needing parking I think it is the best value. The Disney rates are insanely good with parking if you are cool with missing prime time seasons (Florida residents have way better rates). I guess at a certain point the rates for Florida parks are just going to price people out in general.
For me and my situation it seems like WDW and SW are the worst value and UO and Legoland the best. It does get a bit difficult to maintain passes to all the local parks. We really enjoy being able to go to any park. That being said WDW and SW are at the top of our list for reconsidering cancelling. We probably won't, but if it comes to it it'll be one of those two.
If you want to keep what you have and are on EZ Pay, you can and don't have to do anything else. Since you get the same benefits as Silver, I don't see a need to switch (for now).
This is where I'm a little confused. If I can keep my pass that would be great, but I suspect since I have a pass that no longer exists they'll eventually want me to upgrade to one of the existing passes.
Do you need IP to have a good time? That’s a strange comment.
Honestly if it wasn't for Sesame Street coming, we would probably easily cancel our SW passes once the contract is up.

From what I can see the "FUNCARD" is no longer offered. This was a FANTASTIC deal which I took advantage of quite a few times. I think it was $99 for a calendar year's access to parks with no blackout dates.

They often started the next year's cards in Oct so you could get 13-15 months access. Truly sad if it's gone for good.

From what I can see the "FUNCARD" is no longer offered. This was a FANTASTIC deal which I took advantage of quite a few times. I think it was $99 for a calendar year's access to parks with no blackout dates.

They often started the next year's cards in Oct so you could get 13-15 months access. Truly sad if it's gone for good.
Correct. I believe the new lower tier offerings like Bronze for 9.99/month replaced the FunCard offer.

Correct. I believe the new lower tier offerings like Bronze for 9.99/month replaced the FunCard offer.
That's my fear. That's a 20% price increase but more importantly for me has a ton of blackout dates:
  • Feb. 9, 16, 23
  • Mar. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
  • April 6
  • March 15 – 22
  • May 25 - 26
  • June 22, 29
  • July 3-7, 13, 20, 27
  • Aug 3 & 31
  • Sept. 1
  • Nov. 30
  • Dec. 1, 22 & 26 – 31
I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Black Friday deal. Otherwise, my New Years Eve trip will be it for Seaworld for a while. Especially with Universal getting aggressive with 6 months added onto the APs.

I wouldn't say a "ton of blackout dates". I believe they said there are 40 days a year blocked out which leaves you 325 day you can go. The days blocked out are the busiest days when it's just too busy to be much fun to be there. They're not blocking out every weekend (just one day of some weekends) so you can still attend all the festivals and events.

I wouldn't say a "ton of blackout dates". I believe they said there are 40 days a year blocked out which leaves you 325 day you can go. The days blocked out are the busiest days when it's just too busy to be much fun to be there. They're not blocking out every weekend (just one day of some weekends) so you can still attend all the festivals and events.

To each their own. I've been an Orlando junkie for a long time and I have never seen SeaWorld approach the level of "too busy to be much fun there". Last Christmas/NY we had to park in the "Grass" lot across the street and it still wasn't close to what Disney or UO are like. Heck, we always stay at a partner hotel and save our QuickQueues for "later" but almost universally don't end up using them at all.

To me, 40 days which are mostly weekends and holidays is a crusher. The FunCard was a fantastic deal so it certainly spoiled me, but when Universal is tossing around 6 extra months onto an AP it is really hard to swallow (on top of a 20% price hike). I'll hold out hope for BlackFriday though. Maybe they will do a B1G1 on the Gold passes or bring back the FunCard at some point.

I did not see anything about 6 months free at universal only the 3 months.

3 months free is for the two lower tier APs, 6 months is for the two higher tier APs if IIRC.
I had thought the 6 months free was for all the passes, but never looked into it just saw the ad. Then today I saw the ad promoted again and realized it says "6 months free on any annual pass", but when you click the link it is indeed only for the higher tiers. I think someone messed up.:lol:

I had thought the 6 months free was for all the passes, but never looked into it just saw the ad. Then today I saw the ad promoted again and realized it says "6 months free on any annual pass", but when you click the link it is indeed only for the higher tiers. I think someone messed up.:lol:

It says get “up to” 6 months. You can get 3 months free on the lower pass. Maybe they felt “up to” was good enough legalese to get away with it?

It says get “up to” 6 months. You can get 3 months free on the lower pass. Maybe they felt “up to” was good enough legalese to get away with it?
I was referring to the banner in the background. I suspect they may have changed plans after shooting the video.
SC101018-01.jpg
Edit: Oh I see what you mean now, it says up to above that. Still it says any which implies there is some way to get 6 moths free on even the lower tiers.

"get up to" is the key phrase. Like how hotels say "starting at $105 a night"... just a clever trick.
Yeah but they don't say "starting at" on ANY room or ANY night.

In any case this is kind of off topic I'm sorry, it's kind of trivial albeit a little misleading.

Yeah but they don't say "starting at" on ANY room or ANY night.

In any case this is kind of off topic I'm sorry, it's kind of trivial albeit a little misleading.
I agree it’s misleading. And the “up to” may actually be referring to the fact that if you buy later you get less than 6 months because time is running out. Maybe they originally planned to do the deal for all Passes, or they wouldn’t have included the word “any” I agree.

Nah thats normal ad language. Like when it says "Get UP TO 40% off" but 40% is the maximum discount. It means exactly that - the maximum you can get is "X", it implies lower also applies. Its called your lead, and you always lead with it (hence the name). Like "Starting at" or "Fares are one-way based on round trip". Or the theme parks "Per day, based on an X day purchase"

Nah thats normal ad language. Like when it says "Get UP TO 40% off" but 40% is the maximum discount. It means exactly that - the maximum you can get is "X", it implies lower also applies. Its called your lead, and you always lead with it (hence the name). Like "Starting at" or "Fares are one-way based on round trip". Or the theme parks "Per day, based on an X day purchase"
They did change the language, the text in the tweet is identical to the banner in the video, except they switched "any" for "an".