Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walking Dead Attraction: Stay or Go?

Do you believe TWDA should stay or go?

• Stay

• Go

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 18, 2018
It's about time this gets discussed and get rid of the white elephant in the room. The Walking Dead Attraction was a gr8 introduction to keep the energy and guest coming time after time but now its worn itself down and though its only been 2yrs since its opening the curtain must come down eventually. With guest attendance dwindling within TWDA and only gaining fame during events such as HHN it is best to say that the era of the Zombie Apocalypse is well, dead.
The House of Horrors was a gr8 addition to USH even after the removal of the Blues Brothers Stage in 2014. The House of Horrors offered year round scare fun and you always got a chance to see your favorite Universal Monster in there natural environment. With its return within HHN this year, I believe this could be a glimpse of what could come back if USH really wants to bring the guest attendance back up.

I would like to see this venue become a full service restaurant with movie props from the Prop Warehouse littered in themed rooms for different Universal genres. This could also incorporate a VIP dining environment and returning the Roman Noodle/VIP Dining near SSFL back to the park.

I would honestly not mind a Psuedo-Walkthrough attraction; but I would totally not be against a Full-Service specialty dining option.

That said, I have no doubt in my mind now; especially with how piss low TWD had for a sesaon premiere this time; that the attraction is leaving sooner than later.

Honestly, I would think they would want the contract to be up by around 3 to 4 years, and while there could be a renewal; the performance of the show is reaching a lowpoint.

I have a..somewhat hard time believing they'll want to keep TWDA if the show gets worse in ratings over the course of this season.

I think there's a shot this disappears sooner than some are anticipating.

I personally think there's place for a walk-through "haunt," but it needs to be a little more grand and "PG" than the line Walking Dead currently walks. I think a revised, updated House of Horrors would do wonders.

Just turn it into a dine in with photo ops with the UCMs.

I'm not convinced a full service restaurant in USH would be popular, especially at that spot in the park. Character dining would likely need to skew Illumination/Dreamworks.

I will say this, though: love for OG House of Horrors was filtered through some heavy rose-colored glasses. That thing was an operational nightmare and looked completely stuck in the 90s. There's clearly a concerted effort to relaunch the Monsters brand, and I think a tightened, 21st century take on the franchise (using some assets and design from the current Monsters maze) would do wonders.

I'm not convinced a full service restaurant in USH would be popular, especially at that spot in the park. Character dining would likely need to skew Illumination/Dreamworks.

I'm the opposite mostly because it's the one thing USH lacks. Most people would be more than willing to pay if it didnt require them looking for a seat/ in a rush to order what's on the menu. Add to that how beloved the current monsters are and I think you have a winner.

I'm the opposite mostly because it's the one thing USH lacks. Most people would be more than willing to pay if it didnt require them looking for a seat/ in a rush to order what's on the menu. Add to that how beloved the current monsters are and I think you have a winner.

I think if they intended to incorporate a full service restaurant anywhere in the park, they would've done so with the redo of the park's opening streets. They've decided to emphasize full service dining as a Citywalk endeavor, for better or worse.

You're also absolutely overestimating the appeal of the Monsters on a family scale, especially at the park's sole "upscale" full service restaurant. If they're going to do a character meal of any kind, it'll be focused on the animated characters.

Yeah; I will say that even with my appreciation for House of Horrors..it wasn't a good attraction in the grand scheme.

I'd say, it would be a great opportunity if UM is successful; alongside the relaunching of the Monsters brand..that USH Creative let's John & Slash have their hands on a fully realized version of the House of Horrors. That said, for the love of god; don't do a Chucky/Psycho/Generic Butcher scene!