Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize this might be meaningless to 99% of people here, but this will probably be most similar in thrill to Big Grizzly Mountain. This is in a lot of ways just a more fleshed out version of that ride, which is a terrain coaster version of Everest (with working animatronics!).

More consistent pep due to all launches over two lift hills, a couple more show scenes, and the bonus of a drop. A bit longer overall as a result.

I could personally do with a tad more thrilling than Hong Kong's ride, which I think this will be with the launches versus lift hills. Plus the drop track obviously.

That looks fun. Never watched a ride through of it before. The backwards moment really caught me off guard.

I’m looking forward to the ridiculous amount of banking on the Potter Coaster. It’s like my favorite part of Cheetah Hunt, but on an entire coaster!

Speed doesn't mean everything about how thrilling a ride is. On German highways I sometime drive about 95 miles/hour, wide open road makes it feel less fast than driving 31 in a city center or a small village.

This ride will have a ton of head choppers and theming close to the ride that makes it go much faster than it's actual speed.

Speed doesn't mean everything about how thrilling a ride is. On German highways I sometime drive about 95 miles/hour, wide open road makes it feel less fast than driving 31 in a city center or a small village.

This ride will have a ton of head choppers and theming close to the ride that makes it go much faster than it's actual speed.

Great example. Also Space Mountain feels incredibly fast even though it goes 28mph.

The "feeling" of speed is caused by acceleration, not velocity. When your plane takes off you get that intense feeling of speed, but as soon as the plane has reached its cruising speed, you don't feel much of anything (unless there's turbulence, which is also an accelerating force). Vision plays a small role in adrenaline, but it's all in the mind, not really what the body is actually feeling.

It also feels very long because it's the worst coaster in existence imho. ;)

Say hi to Manhattan Express, Green Lantern: First Flight, and quite a few other coasters for me. :eek:O:

I get the vibe, that this coaster is going to feel like a mix of Big Grizzly and Mummy, but that it may be more closer to Mummy on the punch of the thrill than Grizzly's punch.

I think a drop track in the middle of a coaster sounds pretty thrilling to me. Especially because MOST people won't expect it at all from a roller coaster. There are not a lot of "drop coasters" in America, (that im aware of), and I think that will be the part that blows the GP away.

adding that to a coaster that has 4(?) launches, a backwards section, and elaborate themeing, will make this quite the popular ride. Likely the favorite Potter ride, and possible the best ride in UOR.

I think a drop track in the middle of a coaster sounds pretty thrilling to me. Especially because MOST people won't expect it at all from a roller coaster. There are not a lot of "drop coasters" in America, (that im aware of), and I think that will be the part that blows the GP away.

adding that to a coaster that has 4(?) launches, a backwards section, and elaborate themeing, will make this quite the popular ride. Likely the favorite Potter ride, and possible the best ride in UOR.

HYPE is at an all time high!!

Yup, Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg is only other coaster in the US with a drop track I believe.
6 total launches for Potter Coaster.

Yup, Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg is only other coaster in the US with a drop track I believe.

6 total launches for Potter Coaster.
I imagine you will enter the drop building backwards then stop so you can realize you are in the snare then slowly move back as the snare pulls you in to the drop where you just "relax" and drop out. I can see this being the coolest feeling of being trapped then released.
In the movie they are chased backwards by Fluffy right?

I imagine you will enter the drop building backwards then stop so you can realize you are in the snare then slowly move back as the snare pulls you in to the drop where you just "relax" and drop out. I can see this being the coolest feeling of being trapped then released.
In the movie they are chased backwards by Fluffy right?
I think they fall into it after escaping Fluffy through the floor.

Or maybe Fluffy is on the spike? Would complete the scene but I am not really seeing the building to support that - yet.....
Well, being that this is our adventure, and not a play by play of the film sequence, things aren’t exactly the same. The ride just happens to include a few things from the same film (probably because that’s all that’s left that hasn’t been included on the other attractions yet).

Well, being that this is our adventure, and not a play by play of the film sequence, things aren’t exactly the same. The ride just happens to include a few things from the same film (probably because that’s all that’s left that hasn’t been included on the other attractions yet).
I could see where we are moving up the spike slowly as if we are approaching Fluffy then He/she/it wakes and we stumble backwards into the reverse ride.
This is the spec thread ;)
I be specc'n

Status
Not open for further replies.