Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Feature Presentation

100% disagree. Nothing will touch the Jim Carry Classic. This film will fail. In fact, the photo you sent me of the Billboards was funnier then the trailers.

Ironically every Illumination animated film outside of Despicable Me Franchise people have said would flop and then they all end up overperforming domestically and internationally. Just want to point that out.

As someone who loves both the Howard and Jones interpretations of The Grinch (which both Karloff and Carrey do outstanding with what they are given), I actually have concerns over the Illumination film. However, they proved me wrong in my fears and worries when Sing and Pets were released, with the latter actually being my favorite solo film as of this point.

However..how in the seven hells, do we have to talk about the movie's stability, when this is a thread oriented on a retail shop that changes every so-often?

As someone who loves both the Howard and Jones interpretations of The Grinch (which both Karloff and Carrey do outstanding with what they are given), I actually have concerns over the Illumination film. However, they proved me wrong in my fears and worries when Sing and Pets were released, with the latter actually being my favorite solo film as of this point.

However..how in the seven hells, do we have to talk about the movie's stability, when this is a thread oriented on a retail shop that changes every so-often?
Because you started defending your argument with Twitter. So it escalated.

I mean, I was only merely trying to demonstrate that if Universal didn't care; they wouldn't be marketing the film in the parks in that fashion. Shall we go on, discussing how it pertains to Feature Presentations? :eek:O:

Don’t ever trust Deadline lol

That's not "Deadline's" number, that's industry tracking. I actually totally think they are low-balling if anything.

Although Sing opened in the 50's and legged out to mid 200's. Lorax (from Illumination) opened to 70's. Grinch is arguably a bigger property than either.

I'm not sure why you care so much.

That's not "Deadline's" number, that's industry tracking. I actually totally think they are low-balling if anything.

Although Sing opened in the 50's and legged out to mid 200's. Lorax (from Illumination) opened to 70's. Grinch is arguably a bigger property than either.

I'm not sure why you care so much.
I don’t care actually.

I mean, I was only merely trying to demonstrate that if Universal didn't care; they wouldn't be marketing the film in the parks in that fashion. Shall we go on, discussing how it pertains to Feature Presentations? :eek:O:
I do believe it will revert back to JW once the ride opens.

Gotta love these intelligent arguments with actual evidence to back them up being refuted with "But like, I don't think so actually." Makes for such great conversation.

Nearly 3.5 years later: Long time no see, Feature Presentation thread!

Thread: "Who dares disturb my slumber?"

Me: Well, I have these stills from Theme Park Wizard's video showing that there's paint work going on, changing the paint-scheme on the windows to suspiciously look green.

Thread: *becomes alive!*

1646705845320.png

In all seriousness, seems they're preparing for a proper Pop-up. Perhaps Mar10 day with SNW concept art? The Weasley Car is also now fully gone too.

Source:

It would be cool if they previewed snacks and drinks from the land like Japan did, but I doubt it.
I'd love that, or an event in the Plaza that includes Nintendo food and characters. Food would also help them spread the word; serve some colorful, interesting looking food, and ton of people are sure to post pictures of it on social media and thus get some free advertising for the land