Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 405 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How come universal doesnt ban people longer than one year? A year seems very short for attacking someone. Like a slap on the wrist for such a bad thing
Because sometimes it’s more about providing the point than punishment. If an annual pass holder gets banned for a year (a surprisingly common occurrence), then Universal has a vested interest in that person coming back after the ban (the interest being money).

And the reason why assault charges aren’t pursued more often is because it’s not Universal serving as the plaintiff - it’s the performer. Universal will provide statements and support an investigation, but it’s not their burden. I don’t even think their company lawyers are authorized to participate.

I didn’t press charges because I didn’t have time to deal with a likely court case. More importantly, I’m fine with not doing it (though I probably would have gotten a decent settlement).

Reactions: SeventyOne
I know they kick the people out for hitting people, but how often do they get the police involved? Getting thrown out doesn’t seem like enough in these cases.
It's all up to the actor, quite literally. If they want to press charges, they can. The police are usually still pretty busy throughout the night. Tazings happen for the really belligerent ones.

There are lifetime bans.
The bans can, however, be appealed. Adam The Woo was lifetime banned for instance and he's now allowed back.

Last edited:
I know the event still has two weeks left in it, but I can’t help but feel a little sad that this year’s event is over halfway finished. This has been one of the best years in recent history imo and I really don’t want to think about how I’ll never be able to experience awesome houses like Slaughter Sinema or Poltergeist or SoE ever again (or at least for a very long time.) Every house and scarezone has a little bit of gold in it and I’m really gonna miss that.

Those annual post-Halloween blues are gonna be tough on me this year, I tell ya’ :shrug:

I know the event still has two weeks left in it, but I can’t help but feel a little sad that this year’s event is over halfway finished. This has been one of the best years in recent history imo and I really don’t want to think about how I’ll never be able to experience awesome houses like Slaughter Sinema or Poltergeist or SoE ever again (or at least for a very long time.) Every house and scarezone has a little bit of gold in it and I’m really gonna miss that.

Those annual post-Halloween blues are gonna be tough on me this year, I tell ya’ :shrug:

Believe me, I ALWAYS feel a bit of a "withdrawal" after Halloween ends.

It's especially worse when your football team is bad...and the team's administration had just given the coach an undeservedly HUUUUUUUUGE buyout. :bored:

Last edited:
Reactions: kristenabelle

Imagine how it is for those of us that only get to go for one weekend out of the year! Plus side to that is getting to set up your own home haunt >:)

Do what everyone else does, just start spec'ing out next years event. ;)

Do what everyone else does, just start spec'ing out next years event. ;)

Given what Legacy posted, sounds like it'll be fun. I realize his excitement his not indicative at all of the quality of the event (he had Surprise as his third most anticipated), but still. I do think the speculation is a big part of the fun, of course.

On another note, this year seems far more divisive than last year--I see far more reviews either proclaiming 28 as one of the GOAT (one review on HNN from a long distance long-timer considering taking a second trip for the first time) or as one of the WOAT (another review on HNN calling it "Eleven's Not So Scary Halloween Family Nights"). I suspect at least some of that has to do with the loss of B&T.

Last edited:
Given what Legacy posted, sounds like it'll be fun. I realize his excitement his not indicative at all of the quality of the event (he had Surprise as his third most anticipated), but still. I do think the speculation is a big part of the fun, of course.
Absolutely and this is the place to soak up the best spec. IMO of course

On another note, this year seems far more divisive than last year--I see far more reviews either proclaiming 28 as one of the GOAT (one review on HNN from a long distance long-timer considering taking a second trip for the first time) or as one of the WOAT (another review on HNN calling it "Eleven's Not So Scary Halloween Family Nights"). I suspect at least some of that has to do with the loss of B&T.

It's a subjective matter but I'm on the "one of the GOAT" fence for this year.

I noticed the page count for HHN General Discussion 28 is already past 400. Way more than previous years(unless some pages are deleted). This has to say something about this year.

Im also a believer that this year was an all timer. There weren’t any “bad” zones or houses IMO, as even Blumhouse was much better than AvED last year. There were also a couple of instant classic houses that came out of this year(Slaughter Sinema, Poltergeist, SoX or Dead Exposure 2 depending on who you ask) and I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a DE3, StrTh2, Slaughter Sinema 2, or even a Scary Tales 5 down the line. 29 is gonna have some huge shoes to fill

Im also a believer that this year was an all timer. There weren’t any “bad” zones or houses IMO, as even Blumhouse was much better than AvED last year. There were also a couple of instant classic houses that came out of this year(Slaughter Sinema, Poltergeist, SoX or Dead Exposure 2 depending on who you ask) and I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a DE3, StrTh2, Slaughter Sinema 2, or even a Scary Tales 5 down the line. 29 is gonna have some huge shoes to fill

7 of the 10 houses are all timers. The quality this year was outstanding.

I honestly think even the weakest houses have something to like in them.

Blumhouse was my least favorite from the start, but the more the cast gets into the swing of things the more fun I have. Babyface may still be as non-scary as the first time but the groundhog day set design has grown on me. The Purge has gotten me more and more as time goes on as well.

Halloween 4 has some neat sets with the power plant, asylum, and the large open field at the end. While the Michael’s have gotten a little cliche over the years, the larger more imposing ones never fail to get a scare.

Carnival Graveyard may have been a little disappointing with the concept of an abandoned theme park scrapped for a more junkyard approach, but the love shack and jumping clown are still cool as ever. Not to mention all of the nice callbacks literall littering the place.

And so on and so on. It’s insane that 28 is this good, I could see this level of quality for the 30th. The only nitpick I have is that Harvest and Twisted Traditions are reallyyy similar but they honestly both work really well so what’s the harm?

There were also a couple of instant classic houses that came out of this year(Slaughter Sinema, Poltergeist, SoX or Dead Exposure 2 depending on who you ask) and I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a DE3, StrTh2, Slaughter Sinema 2, or even a Scary Tales 5 down the line.

With the big crowds this year, I would think that portends a nice increase in the budget for HHN 29.

Great. This season isn't even over yet and I'm already pumped for next year and the possibilities. Thanks guys!:grin:

Reactions: Mad Dog
Others too, just especially TrT.

Girlfriend is an HHN newbie, brought her back tonight and without prompting as we left TrT she said, "Wow, there were a lot more people [meaning actors] the last time we did this one."

Walking back, counted two actors in Traditions, three in Harvest. Maybe four or five in Klowns. Maybe it was just bad timing, but only Chucky felt close to normal staffing.

Great. This season isn't even over yet and I'm already pumped for next year and the possibilities. Thanks guys!:grin:

You can definitely tell hhn28 was special to universal. Idk why. But with all the effort and money put in it’s easy to see. With universal saying stranger things was their “white whale” And Comcast throwing billions of dollars toward Universal’s south campus. I’m sure they are trying to impress the people that call the money shots.something is brewing for hhn I feel. Might be a very large bump in the budget going forward.hhn29 will be off the chart. And I will definitely do rip tours everynight I do hhn30. Give the people what they want and they will pay

I honestly think even the weakest houses have something to like in them.

Blumhouse was my least favorite from the start, but the more the cast gets into the swing of things the more fun I have. Babyface may still be as non-scary as the first time but the groundhog day set design has grown on me. The Purge has gotten me more and more as time goes on as well.

Halloween 4 has some neat sets with the power plant, asylum, and the large open field at the end. While the Michael’s have gotten a little cliche over the years, the larger more imposing ones never fail to get a scare.

Carnival Graveyard may have been a little disappointing with the concept of an abandoned theme park scrapped for a more junkyard approach, but the love shack and jumping clown are still cool as ever. Not to mention all of the nice callbacks literall littering the place.

And so on and so on. It’s insane that 28 is this good, I could see this level of quality for the 30th. The only nitpick I have is that Harvest and Twisted Traditions are reallyyy similar but they honestly both work really well so what’s the harm?

Thats what i thought at first but some stuff has been disappointing

I was super hyped up for trick r treat, but im not loving it as much anymore.
The sets are good but the house is missing people and some rooms are kind of underwhelming.
Scary tales feels the same. A little underwhelming. Too dark.
I used to like poltergeist but i realized it has a bunch of long hallways with black walls or pink and white sheets or long corridors without cool stuff.
I still love the puppets, but half the house is just hallways corridors and sheets lol.
Same with dead exposure. Once the ahock of the flashing lights wears off, you realize how minimal the sets are. Its mostly painted walls. A few gates here and there. If u did this house with regular lighting you would think it was a local haunt made with very little budget lol.

Vamp85 is very underwhelming now. Very bare zone, not enough props. Actors are too spread out, some of them arent moving too much, the chucky zone is having the same problem. The chucky show creates a terrible crowded street that doesnt let the actors move,

I like this year a lot, but a bunch of stuff is not as great lol.

Reactions: SeventyOne