Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 450 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two thrill coasters (JP and Hulk), a family friendly coaster (HP) and a kid friendly coaster (Hippogriff) is hardly a park full of coasters. Coasters barely even make a 1/4 of the ride line up. I'd call that well balanced and catering to every crowd; kids, teenagers, adults, thrill seekers and people who just like being in the atmosphere of a well themed park.
Except I didn’t call it that. I was referring to theme parks vs. regional thrill parks.

I do believe though that for a theme park more themed experiences are what attract more people. Just look at recent history of what caused huge attendance gains in parks across Orlando. Or you can go out west to see what caused a turnaround for a park that was struggling. I think it had something to do with automobiles...

Except I didn’t call it that. I was referring to theme parks vs. regional thrill parks.

I do believe though that for a theme park more themed experiences are what attract more people. Just look at recent history of what caused huge attendance gains in parks across Orlando. Or you can go out west to see what caused a turnaround for a park that was struggling. I think it had something to do with automobiles...

You're suggesting that Universal building this will turn it into a regional thrill park as you put it. If that's not what you're suggesting, why even bring it up?

Not everything is going to be a WWOHP or a Cars Land tho. This is basically all that would fit on that plot of land and move he needle at all. It’s a stop gap addition so IoA doesn’t go however many years without an addition between this and Zelda or whatever replaces the Lost Continent
Then the question I have is why not redo the entire area to rework Camp Jurassic (or make a new one) so a batter ride could fit in. If the answer is that the “better ride” is going to Site B I ask why not finally do something about the Toon Lagoon theater or Seuss Landing. The Potter coaster proves they can do a great singular addition.

You're suggesting that Universal building this will turn it into a regional thrill park as you put it. If that's not what you're suggesting, why even bring it up?
Because my original comment was about the types of parks people gravitate towards as a destination.

Universal has always been the "cooler older sibling" of the theme park world. Most people understand this, and expect them to have more thrilling attractions than the theme park LITERALLY MADE FOR CHILDREN.
I'd say IOA did pretty well as a hybrid thrill/theme park from 1999-2010, and looks to be solidifying that status well into the future. If you don't like it, take a hike. Disney is happy to have your money.

If immersion is what you're looking for, where are the complaints about seeing the castle from JPRA? That's a huge immersion-breaker.

I can't for the life of me believe there's even the slightest bit of apprehension for this project. JP has so much wasted space. Bringing guests closer to the JP waterfront will do wonders for guest flow, and we'll have a new ride. Win-win, if you ask me.

Universal has always been the "cooler older sibling" of the theme park world. Most people understand this, and expect them to have more thrilling attractions than the theme park LITERALLY MADE FOR CHILDREN.
I'd say IOA did pretty well as a hybrid thrill/theme park from 1999-2010, and looks to be solidifying that status well into the future. If you don't like it, take a hike. Disney is happy to have your money.

If immersion is what you're looking for, where are the complaints about seeing the castle from JPRA? That's a huge immersion-breaker.

I can't for the life of me believe there's even the slightest bit of apprehension for this project. JP has so much wasted space. Bringing guests closer to the JP waterfront will do wonders for guest flow, and we'll have a new ride. Win-win, if you ask me.
Made for children? Funny when looking at the IP coming and how it’s enjoyed by children and adults alike. Heck, Avatar was likely mostly enjoyed by adults when it hit theaters.

And I have complained about the Castle being seen in Jurassic Park as well as the exposed showbuilding for FJ and you already know about Dragon Challenge (whose fate was a huge win in my book) But since this thread is about the new JP coaster those complaints didn’t seem relevant. They’re also a lost cause like some of my complaints about other parks like the still broken Yeti at Everest. This coaster however still remains only a rumor so it can (hopefully) still be wrong.

Made for children? Funny when looking at the IP coming and how it’s enjoyed by children and adults alike. Heck, Avatar was likely mostly enjoyed by adults when it hit theaters.

And I have complained about the Castle being seen in Jurassic Park as well as the exposed showbuilding for FJ and you already know about Dragon Challenge (whose fate was a huge win in my book) But since this thread is about the new JP coaster those complaints didn’t seem relevant. They’re also a lost cause like some of my complaints about other parks like the still broken Yeti at Everest. This coaster however still remains only a rumor so it can (hopefully) still be wrong.

You want something out of these parks that they are never going to give you. Accept it, and stop trying to make it seem like everything they're doing is bad. I'm sure you can find a forum where all they do is talk trash about how roller coasters ruin a park's aesthetic. What you're doing doesn't further any dialogue, only prove that you are a negative person. We know what you want, you don't need to tell us anymore. You're just Abe Simpson, yelling at the clouds at this point.

EDIT: And the fact that you claim SeaWorld is slipping into obscurity is immensely laughable, and just shows how out of touch you are.

I believe the "apprehension" stems from these key factors, some of which I think are more valid than others:

1. The coaster will - at minimum - alter the view across the lagoon to the Discovery Center, or - at worst - totally ruin a fairly iconic view.

2. Some people either don't like or can't ride intense thrill coasters, and might prefer a more "inclusive" or elaborately-themed sort of attraction.

3. For an area that is already strangely short on actual dinosaurs, this attraction is (seemingly) not going to be adding to that number, and even if it somehow does, see point #2.

4. This will essentially be the last addition that we can realistically expect to see in JP, so those concerned about points 2 and 3 will kind of be perpetually out of luck.

As I've said, I'm glad JP is getting some attention. Is it the attention I want? Not really. Am I concerned that the coaster is going to make me never want another picture in front of the Discovery Center? Yep.

But I'm also banking on Jurassic World turning up in the next theme park and giving me what I'd really like to see from a new Jurassic-centric ride, thereby NOT making this coaster the last JP-related attraction that Universal plans to open.

A roller coaster in a land themed to a theme park is immersive. It makes perfect thematic sense unlike what Disney is doing with Tron.

TRON-Lightcycle-Power-Run-Roller-Coaster-image-1.jpg

The Tron coaster is suppose to be inside a computer, but even Disney realizes that visible coasters are cool.

I believe the "apprehension" stems from these key factors, some of which I think are more valid than others:...

Some apprehension is understandable. I felt similarly for Skull Island, which wastes a perfect expansion plot that could've better suited a JP attraction.
As for the waterfront view changing; yeah, the view is iconic. I wont argue that in the slightest. I cannot imagine they'll do anything to completely distract from the DC. It'd be foolish if they put up a big wad of metal in front of it. I'm positive, if this is what we're getting, it'll frame the DC. Leaving any distractions to the sides of it.

And if they do hideously obscure the DC? Oh the-f*** well. We'll get over it. As consumers we can only consume, not control.

You want something out of these parks that they are never going to give you. Accept it, and stop trying to make it seem like everything they're doing is bad. I'm sure you can find a forum where all they do is talk trash about how roller coasters ruin a park's aesthetic. What you're doing doesn't further any dialogue, only prove that you are a negative person. We know what you want, you don't need to tell us anymore. You're just Abe Simpson, yelling at the clouds at this point.

EDIT: And the fact that you claim SeaWorld is slipping into obscurity is immensely laughable, and just shows how out of touch you are.
Never going to give me? They’re doing it right now with Harry Potter and Nintendo from what it sounds like. And so what if I don’t care for Fallon and F&F? Nobody cares about the latter.

And I think it does help dialogue, otherwise you just have an echo chamber of “OMG AMAZING!!!”
A roller coaster in a land themed to a theme park is immersive. It makes perfect thematic sense unlike what Disney is doing with Tron.

TRON-Lightcycle-Power-Run-Roller-Coaster-image-1.jpg

The Tron coaster is suppose to be inside a computer, but even Disney realizes that visible coasters are cool.
Last I checked that part is under a canopy and you don’t really see it until under said canopy which is lit up cool at night on the outside. A far cry from
There will be a section of this new coaster so tall in one area, people will literally be unable to miss it.

Try again. If this was lower to the ground and more in between trees like the new Potter coaster I would’ve been fine with it even if it was more lightly themed.

Then the question I have is why not redo the entire area to rework Camp Jurassic (or make a new one) so a batter ride could fit in. If the answer is that the “better ride” is going to Site B I ask why not finally do something about the Toon Lagoon theater or Seuss Landing. The Potter coaster proves they can do a great singular addition.

So you want them to demolish/make a new version of a play area they already have and is already great?

Sure. Makes sense.

Don’t disagree that TLT should be replaced, but that has nothing to do with this ride.

But I'm also banking on Jurassic World turning up in the next theme park.

y6wFiQP.gif

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
And I think it does help dialogue, otherwise you just have an echo chamber of “OMG AMAZING!!!”

Posts like @belloq87 made furthers dialogue, not "TRADING AN EYESORE FOR AN EYESORE!" times infinity. It's one thing to lay out real, thought out, and logical arguments. It's an entirely different thing to be "This sucks. They're not doing what I think they should be doing!" over and over and over and over again until you're blue in the face. Your rhetoric is tired. If you don't care about roller coasters, why are you contributing to a thread that is about that very thing?
I don't give a damn about anything Disney does, but you don't see me on those threads talking about how terrible they truly are.

So you want them to demolish/make a new version of a play area they already have and is already great?

Sure. Makes sense.

Don’t disagree that TLT should be replaced, but that has nothing to do with this ride.
I was spitballing what they could do to do a different ride in the area and also offering other spots where something new could’ve been added to IoA. That’s all.
Posts like @belloq87 made furthers dialogue, not "TRADING AN EYESORE FOR AN EYESORE!" times infinity. It's one thing to lay out real, thought out, and logical arguments. It's an entirely different thing to be "This sucks. They're not doing what I think they should be doing!" over and over and over and over again until you're blue in the face. Your rhetoric is tired. If you don't care about roller coasters, why are you contributing to a thread that is about that very thing?
I don't give a damn about anything Disney does, but you don't see me on those threads talking about how terrible they truly are.
Because it’s still only a rumor and I’m seeing how it goes. It’s been changing constantly.

The visible show building for Potter has absolutely killed any chance of it becoming popular! If only Universal had hidden the show building it may have been a success. I hope Universal Creative learns from their obvious failures.
I never said that? It just doesn’t look right.

Reactions: Andysol
So once it's confirmed a coaster, will you then stop? Or are we going to continue being subjected to your complaints?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't know how to politely say, "Don't be that guy."

So once it's confirmed a coaster, will you then stop? Or are we going to continue being subjected to your complaints?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't know how to politely say, "Don't be that guy."
I’ll continue to voice my opinion of it after seeing what it’s going to be. Maybe it won’t be as big as Alicia said and it’ll just swoop by the DC like we’ve known for a while. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.