Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 449 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back at it with the eyesore narrative. Glad that opinion is in the major minority.
They should make it 400 feet tall. I wanna be able to see it from Diagon Alley >:).

In all seriousness, Uni is damned if they do, and damned if they don't. A thrill coaster is not going to please everyone, but after removing two coasters it only makes sense to put two coasters back in the park.

:eek:O:

I have a running theory that for most people they judged themed entertainment on what Disney does, paints a bullseye around it, then says that's the metric to hit.
Well, there’s a reason for that.

They’re the pinnacle of success.
As @JungleSkip stated, Universal is not Disney. If WWoHP had been left to Universal without WB and JKR's input and approval, the final product would've been very different. WWoHP also happens to be the most "Disney" area in Universal by far. Disney and Universal have very different cultures, mindsets, and guidelines. At Disney, the story is paramount to anything else and the culture is very perfectionist. Universal doesn't play by the same rules. They're different.

In many ways, Disney is Apple and Universal is Google.
And WWoHP has brought them the most success. Obviously that’s the direction to go for their projects.
Back at it with the eyesore narrative. Glad that opinion is in the major minority.
They should make it 400 feet tall. I wanna be able to see it from Diagon Alley >:).

In all seriousness, Uni is damned if they do, and damned if they don't. A thrill coaster is not going to please everyone, but after removing two coasters it only makes sense to put two coasters back in the park.
No, thrill seekers are the minority. Look at the most attended parks in the world. Which ones are on top?

... Exactly :thumbsup:

Well, there’s a reason for that.

No, thrill seekers are the minority. Look at the most attended parks in the world. Which ones are on top?

So why in the hell is this thread going on about a coaster, Mike? Everyone here understands your opinion, there's no need to keep hammering it in people's heads. You clearly want Universal to be something it doesn't intend to be, and I promise you'll feel a lot better if you stopped complaining and started maybe going to parks that fit your needs.

When IOA opened, (I was there!), it was considered Orlando's first "Thrill" park. There were no other "upside down" roller coasters in Orlando at the time. It may have had family rides, but it catered more towards teens and adults. It was the closet thing we had to Busch Gardens, mixed with IP theming. It still does, although Potter has brought in younger fans and more families.

I

Reactions: Mad Dog
I posted that a few pages back. Says back of house building though?
The building number puts it right between JPRA and Pizza Predatoria, so thinking this is prep/support for Raptor Encounter relocation.

And I saw that you had posted it a few pages back, but I have a feeling we're about to see some movement, so wanted to bring it back up again.

The building number puts it right between JPRA and Pizza Predatoria, so thinking this is prep/support for Raptor Encounter relocation.

And I saw that you had posted it a few pages back, but I have a feeling we're about to see some movement, so wanted to bring it back up again.

Cool. I thought it might have been for the train/maintenance shed for the coaster or something

I have a running theory that for most people they judged themed entertainment on what Disney does, paints a bullseye around it, then says that's the metric to hit.

That theory would be correct. If Disney isn’t the standard, what is?

I mean, they’re 8 of the top 9 attended parks in the world as well as critical darlings.

I agree with @JungleSkip about enjoying both parks for what they are and glad they aren’t identical. But then again, even the disney parks aren’t identical. DisneySea, animal kingdom, Epcot and MK are all significantly different parks. So asking for higher quality doesn’t necessarily mean it’s exactly like “Disney”. Because again, which disney are we talking about?

...No, thrill seekers are the minority. Look at the most attended parks in the world. Which ones are on top?

Actually, just looking at the top 10 park operators, last year Disney got 150 Million guests total and the "thrill" parks got 325 Million guests.

Screen-Shot-2018-05-17-at-10.56.20-AM.png

now that Nintendo land is being saved for Park 3, I say, the hell with kiddos, lets make IOA the premiere thrill park in Orlando. Sea World has got better coasters. SEA WORLD!
Sea World... OOOOOOHHHHHH, you mean the place that’s slipping more into irrelevancy every year? THAT Sea World?

That’s the last place I’d want to emulate if I ran UOR, lol.

Actually, just looking at the top 10 park operators, last year Disney got 150 Million guests total and the "thrill" parks got 325 Million guests.

Screen-Shot-2018-05-17-at-10.56.20-AM.png
I was talking about single parks. Of course when lumping everything together regional parks would be on top because there’s simply more of them. I also wasn’t exclusively talking about Disney, I meant this.
The Most Popular Theme Parks and Water Parks in the World - TheStreet

There’s a clear pattern of what kinds of parks attract the most people as a destination rather than just going there because you live close.

O
That theory would be correct. If Disney isn’t the standard, what is?

I mean, they’re 8 of the top 9 attended parks in the world as well as critical darlings.

I agree with @JungleSkip about enjoying both parks for what they are and glad they aren’t identical. But then again, even the disney parks aren’t identical. DisneySea, animal kingdom, Epcot and MK are all significantly different parks. So asking for higher quality doesn’t necessarily mean it’s exactly like “Disney”. Because again, which disney are we talking about?

Yea. I guess I just don’t see a thrill coaster as “low quality” as long as it’s good

I was talking about single parks. Of course when lumping everything together regional parks would be on top because there’s simply more of them. I also wasn’t exclusively talking about Disney, I meant this.
The Most Popular Theme Parks and Water Parks in the World - TheStreet

There’s a clear pattern of what kinds of parks attract the most people as a destination rather than just going there because you live close.

Universal Japan gets more guests than Tokyo DisneySEA and has the biggest, most obnoxious, most intense coaster in the Universal family. So your point is kinda moot.

Reactions: WillQ92
O

Yea. I guess I just don’t see a thrill coaster as “low quality” as long as it’s good

Universal Japan gets more guests than Tokyo DisneySEA and has the biggest, most obnoxious, most intense coaster in the Universal family. So your point is kinda moot.

It's almost like people enjoy a good thrill coaster as much if not more than a good dark ride. :shrug:

O

Because the rest of the park is well done. Parks full of coasters don’t attract people. That’s my point. Also that the types of additions that really excite people are the ones like both WWoHP lands, Avatar, Star Wars, and Nintendo in the future. Singular ride additions follow a similar vein and yes, I know Flying Dinosaur had insane waits when it opened. USJ seems to be insane with all wait times from what I’ve seen even though I haven’t seen much.

Honestly this isn’t even worth it for me. I’m just as interested as I was for Fallon and F&F (hint, I haven’t visited to see either of those yet). I would’ve been fine to have this not happen at all and just get them started on Zelda.

Universal has really taken a complete nosedive after Kong with the new HP coaster being the only exception. The new park better be utterly jaw dropping as I would like to assume the slump is due to all of their best ideas being saved for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrenRays
Because the rest of the park is well done. Parks full of coasters don’t attract people. That’s my point. Also that the types of additions that really excite people are the ones like both WWoHP lands, Avatar, Star Wars, and Nintendo in the future. Singular ride additions follow a similar vein and yes, I know Flying Dinosaur had insane waits when it opened. USJ seems to be insane with all wait times from what I’ve seen even though I haven’t seen much.

Honestly this isn’t even worth it for me. I’m just as interested as I was for Fallon and F&F (hint, I haven’t visited to see either of those yet). I would’ve been fine to have this not happen at all and just get them started on Zelda.

Two thrill coasters (JP and Hulk), a family friendly coaster (HP) and a kid friendly coaster (Hippogriff) is hardly a park full of coasters. Coasters barely even make a 1/4 of the ride line up. I'd call that well balanced and catering to every crowd; kids, teenagers, adults, thrill seekers and people who just like being in the atmosphere of a well themed park.

Status
Not open for further replies.