Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

I wish to see some form of music oriented house. How amazing would it be if we had an ACDC-Highway to Hell house! It is not totally out of the question, because Hollywood got Ozzy, Alice Cooper, and is affiliated with Slash. Orlando got Alice Cooper at HHN 22. Another potential contender would be KISS. What do you guys think?

I wish to see some form of music oriented house. How amazing would it be if we had an ACDC-Highway to Hell house! It is not totally out of the question, because Hollywood got Ozzy, Alice Cooper, and is affiliated with Slash. Orlando got Alice Cooper at HHN 22. Another potential contender would be KISS. What do you guys think?

Nah. :lol: Just don’t think that’s up Orlando’s alley.

You gonna do a final review of 28?

I’m gonna post some final thoughts later, but we’re also recording our annual wrap up podcast tomorrow.

The Chucky finale was honestly bittersweet. He gave a big hand to the actors and showhands, let them have one more chant and scream at the audience before announcing that they were the “cult of the year”. He screamed Happy Halloween as he left for the last time.

The second to last AoV show had a great crowd too, it gave so much more energy to the performance. Really goes to show that the audience plays a subtle part in the quality of a show.

But guests opinion and everything else? That’s been confirmed to me as an urban legend.

And Scarecrow was always the favorite last year. I was hearing raves about it months before anything else. If I had to put money on it, I’d put Sinema as the favorite this year. Just watch Twitter and see how members of A&D react to their own creations.

(And Hollywood is likely winning Street, though Vamp has a shot).
I just want to bring this back up, as it’s a GREAT example of my point.

I called Chucky winning SotY before it was even announced.

To me, much of the success of Vamp 55 was because of that Hollywood location. And Vamp 85 not being there really made me realize how important location is. Hollywood is perfect IMO because it’s less open and there are plenty of benches to sit there and watch an entertaining zone. I really wish that Chucky and Vamp had their locations switched this year because I think it would have drastically improved Vamp and Chucky had enough large props that it could have filled out the NY space better.

I just want to bring this back up, as it’s a GREAT example of my point.

I called Chucky winning SotY before it was even announced.

how did you know?

To me, much of the success of Vamp 55 was because of that Hollywood location. And Vamp 85 not being there really made me realize how important location is. Hollywood is perfect IMO because it’s less open and there are plenty of benches to sit there and watch an entertaining zone. I really wish that Chucky and Vamp had their locations switched this year because I think it would have drastically improved Vamp and Chucky had enough large props that it could have filled out the NY space better.

I dont think the vamp stage and the show they had could work well in Hollywood. the chucky show as small as it was broke the zone in two and the crowd would not let people or the actors move too well, i cant imagine what the vamp show would have done.

unless they put the vamp show where the church was, but i really like that church so i wouldnt want them not having the church in that area. that church was amazing looking .

I dont think the vamp stage and the show they had could work well in Hollywood. the chucky show as small as it was broke the zone in two and the crowd would not let people or the actors move too well, i cant imagine what the vamp show would have done.

unless they put the vamp show where the church was, but i really like that church so i wouldnt want them not having the church in that area. that church was amazing looking .

I would have been fine if the show had been dropped if it meant that Vamp was in Hollywood. Just my opinion of course, but Vamp this year just felt too sparse and spread thin

I actually think Michael Jackson's Thriller would be a great idea for a house/scare zone.

how did you know?
Everything I was hearing about Chucky involved how proud the designers were of the zone. It was the first zone I had confirmed for me, and every discussion was “A&D is thrilled with how it came out.” “They’re really proud of it.” “It’s their favorite this year.”

Even I thought the HHN superlatives were a complicated combination of things. Nope. It’s just what the designers liked the most.

In hindsight, I should have expected Stranger Things as HotY. I was just overly cynical (and looking at the house layout is surprisingly underwhelming for that one).

I actually think Michael Jackson's Thriller would be a great idea for a house/scare zone.

yes, Thriller would be the perfect idea for a house. a zone im not sure it would work as well, but it would be an amazing house.
i could see the crowds going crazy for it and i could see people loving it.
Specially if the entrance was like the entrance of Sinema where they had the screen playing Thriller and the 30 minute behind the scenes documentary as well

Everything I was hearing about Chucky involved how proud the designers were of the zone. It was the first zone I had confirmed for me, and every discussion was “A&D is thrilled with how it came out.” “They’re really proud of it.” “It’s their favorite this year.”

Even I thought the HHN superlatives were a complicated combination of things. Nope. It’s just what the designers liked the most.

In hindsight, I should have expected Stranger Things as HotY. I was just overly cynical (and looking at the house layout is surprisingly underwhelming for that one).

that's interesting. i liked chucky but i didn't love it. it is interesting that they loved how it came out. there were a couple of things that needed fixing. a couple of characters that could have made scarier

Yea...no. I do not agree with this in the slightest.

(Regarding a turn towards more family friendly waters)

I see your point but the seemingly record crowds and ringing cash registers of 2018 probably mean this direction is pretty locked in for the foreseeable future.

Dora the Explorer house confirmed!!

"I'm the (speculation) map, I'm the (speculation) map, I'm the (speculation) map!"

Ps. As I rethink my years parenting toddlers one of the scariest experiences I ever had was sitting through Nickelodeon Live! Words can't describe my trauma...

but I wish Stranger things replaced Fast and furious, I wish we could have it as a permanent attraction. sure people might say it is not scary, but the house is so well done it feels like an actual ride already. specially the second half of the house.

We were on Fallon and it was delayed like 5-7 minutes at the start for some kind of technical issue. During the delay as we all sat there some guy next to us loudly said "this is still better than fast and furious!"

The notable thing was EVERYONE within earshot laughed heartily and there were many head nods.

F&F was really, really bad.

Odd thing was this was the third and fourth times I have ridden Kong, and I feel like it gets a little better for me each time. So much going on everywhere, I still haven't seen everything.

I don't think that will be the case with F&F.

Looks like Chucky won.

Should've been Klowns :ugh:

Klowns, to me, was just a character meet and greet - non-scary people in big, silly suits waking around waving at everyone and posing for pics. The 3:00 parade dance party without the floats.

I just didn't get it.

The clown in the Chucky zone was terrifying, though. THAT'S how you create a scary, killer, clown!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@IHateJumpScares - Please try your best not to Double and Triple post as you did above. There is a multi quote feature right next to the reply button so you can choose to respond to more than one person at a time. You can also edit your posts to include others.

Here's a post and corresponding thread that may help: Double Posting and +Quote Feature | Inside Universal Forums
IU is welcoming many new users and we have seen an influx in posting. As a reminder to all new users (and a refresher for old hats) re-read our Guidelines and Forum Etiquette threads.

One issue I have seen pop up again is double (or multiple times) posting. Double posting is defined as posting back to back in the same thread in a short amount of time. This causes threads to quickly swell in size, threads turn into something more akin to a blog or Twitter, and it becomes hard for users to follow the thread.

One of the causes of double posting is responding to more than one quote in a discussion. The forum software has a solution for this called "+Quote". On each post there is a link on the bottom right of titled "+Quote":

XBDh0O5.png

Click that link to add the quote to a virtual queue of quotes.

Once you are done reading the thread and collecting posts to quote in response to then scroll to the bottom of the page to the Quick Reply field:

cPZOa5U.png

Here press the button in the bottom left "Insert Quotes..." and a pop up will appear:

rqVE1uR.png

Review the quotes you want to respond to (you can remove them) then press "Quote This Message" in the bottom right of the pop up. The quotes will be added to the response field and you can respond back like normal.

Please use the +Quote feature as it saves moderator's time in merging posts.

If you have any questions please post in here or PM an admin or moderator.

Quick question, I might also post this in the 29 spec thread since I think it's relevant.

Did anyone keep track of which days the event "Sold Out"