1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Double Posting and +Quote Feature

Discussion in 'Announcements, Rules & Information' started by Joe, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

IU is welcoming many new users and we have seen an influx in posting. As a reminder to all new users (and a refresher for old hats) re-read our Guidelines and Forum Etiquette threads.

One issue I have seen pop up again is double (or multiple times) posting. Double posting is defined as posting back to back in the same thread in a short amount of time. This causes threads to quickly swell in size, threads turn into something more akin to a blog or Twitter, and it becomes hard for users to follow the thread.

One of the causes of double posting is responding to more than one quote in a discussion. The forum software has a solution for this called "+Quote". On each post there is a link on the bottom right of titled "+Quote":

[​IMG]

Click that link to add the quote to a virtual queue of quotes.

Once you are done reading the thread and collecting posts to quote in response to then scroll to the bottom of the page to the Quick Reply field:

[​IMG]

Here press the button in the bottom left "Insert Quotes..." and a pop up will appear:

[​IMG]

Review the quotes you want to respond to (you can remove them) then press "Quote This Message" in the bottom right of the pop up. The quotes will be added to the response field and you can respond back like normal.

Please use the +Quote feature as it saves moderator's time in merging posts.

If you have any questions please post in here or PM an admin or moderator.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    tankart150 and Ryan like this.
  2. Joe

I've seen double posting happening again in some threads. Bumping this up for more to see.

tankart150 likes this.
  3. tankart150

tankart150 Member

Is there a quote feature in edit mode? :)

4. Joe

No but there’s a work around. Quote the post like normal, select all the text, then cut the text. Go to the post you want to edit, click edit, then paste the quote into the post.

tankart150 likes this.
  5. Joseph

Joseph Rookie

Man this forum is janky

Skold likes this.
  6. Skold

Skold Rookie

Ha!

Yeah, i had to look it up:

Janky: adjective used to describe a person, place or thing which is questionable, wrong, strange, broken down, undesirable, and/or just some thing you can't think of another word for. The origin of this work is explained somewhat in the conversation example. Friends and I were sitting around drinking coffee one morning, and I was bitching about my empty cup when my friend blamed the lack of coffee on the "janky ass coffee maker." I have since heard the word in the movie Friday.
    Other forms: janked, janked up, janked out,
    I was dancing with my friends and some janky old mutherfucker came up to me and started grabbin' my ass!

Michelle: yo, when's that coffee going to be ready?

Crystal: I don't know. This janky ass coffee maker takes forever.

He was a weirdo and made me feel all janked out, so I left.

I didn't get into Harvard. I don't know what I'm going to do now - it's totally janked up.

:lol: :bow::lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2018
    Joseph and JoeCamel like this.
  7. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

I definitely knew Janky. Love that word. Have never heard “janked out” or “janked up” though.

And if you want a janky forum, look no further than theme park review. All he’s missing is a flash into and some nice braveheart midi background music.

Joseph likes this.
  8. Joseph

Joseph Rookie

0217264A-8DA9-44C1-80C4-F768939226BE.jpeg

Andysol and tankart150 like this.
  9. tankart150

tankart150 Member

Thanks Joe! You’re awesome! :clap:

10. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

Out of all the janky out there, I definitely don’t think our forums don’t fit that category.

Joseph likes this.