Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Kong is at least 4k rendered at 60fps for the main screens. Its probably one of the highest quality 3D projections anywhere

But it is VERY washed out, and horrible contrast, probably more projector related than source related. FatF is a bit better, but the film has such a fake CGI video quality to it.

I think Kong appears "washed out" because it matches the color profile of the entirety of the attraction and all of the surroumdings. The whole ride is dark, drab amd forebodding. The colors chosen for the final images on the screen will always (well, should) reflect the imminent surroundings, and the attractions as a whole.

I could be wrong though. ;)

Reactions: natespf and Mad Dog
I think Kong appears "washed out" because it matches the color profile of the entirety of the attraction and all of the surroumdings. The whole ride is dark, drab amd forebodding. The colors chosen for the final images on the screen will always (well, should) reflect the imminent surroundings, and the attractions as a whole.

I could be wrong though. ;)

No, the video has very low contrast. The screens are huge, and the projectors aren't top notch. Same problem FJ had when it opened.

I love Star Wars, but for whatever reason I'm real leery at this and MFSR. I'll be interested to hear how it's received once people are actually riding it.

You really think Disney is going to take a project as important as Star Wars and not make the two E-Tickets incredible, mind blowing attractions?
I think SW:RotR will be a near perfect mix of screenz and practical effects. But the theme park community are notoriously picky some will complain about too many screenz. Others will complain about lack of thrills. Some will complain it's too loud. Many will complain that it won't have infant lap seating or Grandma with a pacemaker can't ride it.

No ride is perfect for everyone. But these will be very good attractions.

I think SW:RotR will be a near perfect mix of screenz and practical effects. But the theme park community are notoriously picky some will complain about too many screenz. Others will complain about lack of thrills. Some will complain it's too loud. Many will complain that it won't have infant lap seating or Grandma with a pacemaker can't ride it.

No ride is perfect for everyone. But these will be very good attractions.

Can’t forget about seat size.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Can I ask why? Why are you leery? By all accounts this looks pretty amazing.

I’m honestly not entirely sure. I think it’s what I’ll call The Prequel Effect, where people start hyping something up just to be let down. I guess I’d rather go into it assuming it’s going to be okay and come out amazed, rather than the other way around.

Reactions: natespf and rastuso
I’m honestly not entirely sure. I think it’s what I’ll call The Prequel Effect, where people start hyping something up just to be let down. I guess I’d rather go into it assuming it’s going to be okay and come out amazed, rather than the other way around.
I think this already has a leg up because we know exactly what things will look like from concept art/construction/etc

Also, Disney's track record with dark rides is really good (when they actually get green lit)...Also, also, I feel like this has all hands on deck to ensure that it is Potter-esque in its success

I think the rides will be great and enjoyable

Reactions: Coasted and SkiBum
I think this already has a leg up because we know exactly what things will look like from concept art/construction/etc

Also, Disney's track record with dark rides is really good (when they actually get green lit)...Also, also, I feel like this has all hands on deck to ensure that it is Potter-esque in its success

I think the rides will be great and enjoyable

But this CAN'T be Potter-esque success. Lord help us if Disney gets more than a 5% attendance boost. I don't see them doing another huge ride construction blitz like this again in my lifetime, and crowds are already out of hand, even in the "off-season".

But this CAN'T be Potter-esque success. Lord help us if Disney gets more than a 5% attendance boost. I don't see them doing another huge ride construction blitz like this again in my lifetime, and crowds are already out of hand, even in the "off-season".
I don't think it will be Potter-eque, but it will certainly be undeniably huge

Potter was the right mix of: nothing like it was done previously; The end of the movie series was close and Potter was very present; a social fanbase; and just general interest/casual fans that like the franchise in general

Star Wars checks a lot of those boxes

IOA had a 65%+ jump in attendance from 2009 to 2011 and that's all Potter but Universal was in a bad way before HP arrived on the scene.

WDW and DHS could never accommodate that kind of jump.

I have two hopes with all the construction at Disney: That the lands and rides are great and that all the investment pays off. If Disney sees a good jump in profits, then I see now reason for them to continue building new things.

On the other hand, if it doesn't pay off, this will put them off building like this again unless the new Universal resort is a mind blowing success.

IOA had a 65%+ jump in attendance from 2009 to 2011 and that's all Potter but Universal was in a bad way before HP arrived on the scene.

WDW and DHS could never accommodate that kind of jump.

I have two hopes with all the construction at Disney: That the lands and rides are great and that all the investment pays off. If Disney sees a good jump in profits, then I see now reason for them to continue building new things.

On the other hand, if it doesn't pay off, this will put them off building like this again unless the new Universal resort is a mind blowing success.

The thing with Star Wars is can they have insane merch sales like Potter? You can already get damn near anything with Star Wars on it.

Lafaus brew is awful, and the drink in Pandora was a big meh.

They need an awesome blue milk drink, and some totally unique souvenir. I know I'd love some Republic Credit coins. But it's not like they can sell MORE light sabers. The Potter world was perfect. A Magic shop, a candy shop, a wand shop.

The thing with Star Wars is can they have insane merch sales like Potter? You can already get damn near anything with Star Wars on it.

Lafaus brew is awful, and the drink in Pandora was a big meh.

They need an awesome blue milk drink, and some totally unique souvenir. I know I'd love some Republic Credit coins. But it's not like they can sell MORE light sabers. The Potter world was perfect. A Magic shop, a candy shop, a wand shop.

Potter was a relatively untapped market for merchandise and Universal jumped on it and they’re still bringing out new ideas and I’m sure they have more in the pipeline. Star Wars is over 40 years old and everything that can be done has been done already and it’s available everywhere. Unless they bring out some great park exclusive merchandise, I don’t think they’ll be seeing a huge increase when Walmart have similar stuff for far less money.

I think the bars and restaurants will be a hit for the experience but I’m not expecting anything great from the food.

I also don’t think blue milk will be a success. Like green eggs and ham, it’s a gimmick and as a species, we’ll just find the idea repulsive. People will buy it for that instagram photo but it’s a one and done thing. Butterbeer in comparison is a decent drink and unique.