Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 414 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You see the snow on the roof melting at a ton of places. I'm also sure this is more complex and costly than just slap some singles on the roofs.
No, adding the snow was considerably more expensive. Plus the additional cost of having to regularly clean and restore custom glimmery white effect from regular wear and tear.
The snow has silica crystals in it to make it sparkley. It was not a cheap surface.
Couldn’t let me have a bit of fun, huh? :tease:

Covering the roofs in “snow” probably saved a good amount of money too considering they didn't have to detail actual roofs ;)

No, adding the snow was considerably more expensive. Plus the additional cost of having to regularly clean and restore custom glimmery white effect from regular wear and tear.
The roofs always seem super clean whenever I go...maybe they are just good at cleaning it

I will say it is absolutely magical when it is cold outside

I had a feeling that Universal might release another teaser for this today. Something for all the families having dinner to talk about and plan a vacation around.
Getting the feeling we get a big news dump in January. Everything all at once, D23 style sorta.

And by everything I mean Bourne and Potter and something small like VB update. “All our parks are getting something new!”

And then, more details on the coaster coming soon lol.

Getting the feeling we get a big news dump in January. Everything all at once, D23 style sorta.

And by everything I mean Bourne and Potter and something small like VB update. “All our parks are getting something new!”

That would like up with their new year blog post at the start of the year.

If they do, I imagine it'll be a more..expanded version, of that damn Crystal Ball from last year (but instead of being cryptic, revealing things for once).

That would be Bourne, Potter, Big Fire Grill, and possibly something else. And perhaps, if Kidzone is closed..teasing that and future developments on IOA.

That said, I do think Potter will be brought up sooner than later.

If they do, I imagine it'll be a more..expanded version, of that damn Crystal Ball from last year (but instead of being cryptic, revealing things for once).

That would be Bourne, Potter, Big Fire Grill, and possibly something else. And perhaps, if Kidzone is closed..teasing that and future developments on IOA.

Yea, emeril’s replacement too. For sure.

I expect they would stay mum about Kidzone, but probably present it as "We haven't forgotten about Nintendo, we have just moved it to our new par....I mean....other expansions

Reactions: Mike S
The snow has silica crystals in it to make it sparkley. It was not a cheap surface.
No matter how cheap or expensive it was, the execution was poor. It looks more like a popcorn ceiling than anything else. And I can tell you it looks like that because of cost savings.
Ha, as if! They don't touch the snow other than spray some water on it on nights they make room for it. What's really too bad is they don't maintain and haven't restored the faux panels of plastic shingles on the Hogsmeade station roof. Next time you're there, take a look, and you'll notice how the roof is actually made up of big fake plastic sheets of "shingles". I don't have any problem with saving money when the effect can be accomplished for less. But in this case, it has been a detriment to the effect.
Is there any idea of when this will open in 2019?
No idea, but it is behind schedule right now. They're working overtime to get this back on track. The only people working at Universal Creative on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were working on this project. They didn't want to be there either.

Last edited:

They need to do something. There's not much hype around this whatsoever.

As I've said a couple of weeks ago, I just look at the May calendar Universal posted a couple of weeks ago. 9:00 PM closings on 27 of the days for both IOA & USF. This doesn't ever happen for all of May. Unless Universal makes a change in hours between now and then, I'm sticking with my prediction of a 'soft' opening in early May for the Potter coaster. Memorial Day would then make sense for an 'official' opening.

Is it just internal/insider chatter that's generating all this talk about the ride being behind schedule? Because from the outside it looks pretty okay... Granted I haven't been following this one too closely, but they've already got a vehicle on the track, so the test and adjust process has clearly already started. Is 6+ months of testing not adequate for something like this?

Is it just internal/insider chatter that's generating all this talk about the ride being behind schedule? Because from the outside it looks pretty okay... Granted I haven't been following this one too closely, but they've already got a vehicle on the track, so the test and adjust process has clearly already started. Is 6+ months of testing not adequate for something like this?
I haven’t heard any updates in awhile. The behind schedule stuff was a few months ago. Hopefully things are back on track now.

Remember though, while one person says they heard May, Theme Park University is reporting Fall. Maybe the actual date ends up being somewhere in between?

I’m sure part of the reason they haven’t released an opening date/season yet, is that they want to be sure they can hit it before they lock it in.

Fingers crossed for May.

Status
Not open for further replies.