Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 412 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me thinks that there's issues on Intamin's end that is causing the delay in working on theme work like the spike. That's just my guess (not a spoiler) based on the way Intamin projects usually go.

I made a comment about 6 months ago that I'll revisit... if you're planning on riding this thing in its first year be prepared to wait longer than you've ever waited in line for any Universal attraction.

Universal has asked Intamin to unload their entire bag of tricks into one ride with this project. Expect lots of downtime, uncertainty, and frustration. It'll all be worth it once you ride it because this coaster is going to be amazing, but don't set yourself up for disappointment - expect this to be a super rough first year of operation. Go in with the right attitude.

Me thinks that there's issues on Intamin's end that is causing the delay in working on theme work like the spike. That's just my guess (not a spoiler) based on the way Intamin projects usually go.

I made a comment about 6 months ago that I'll revisit... if you're planning on riding this thing in its first year be prepared to wait longer than you've ever waited in line for any Universal attraction.

Universal has asked Intamin to unload their entire bag of tricks into one ride with this project. Expect lots of downtime, uncertainty, and frustration. It'll all be worth it once you ride it because this coaster is going to be amazing, but don't set yourself up for disappointment - expect this to be a super rough first year of operation. Go in with the right attitude.
While I agree we should expect delays in opening due to Intamin’s track record, I do want to point out that there are a few other areas of the ride that will have the same type of prefab rockwork as the spike (Fluffy, Weasley Car, etc,) and they haven’t started yet either. And they’re off to the side, not over track. I think this is just where they are in construction. Focus has been on concrete, and only now does it seem like they’re bringing steel supports for the prefab rock work on site.

I think the person with the speculation problem has a point.
Let me try this:
I speculate this ride is going to be a hyper coaster BUT it's unique because it's a very low by the ground hyper coaster and the only one in the world. I guess it opens on April first 2019 and the ride vehicles are pink unicorns with rainbow tails.

@Alicia Why the fudge didn't you mentioned me about the lower side being the side where the most scene's are. I pulled that out of my speculative bottom. ;) (just kidding, love you with a passion).
In the end this is all using your brain and playing Sherlock Holmes.

I hope that you end up being wrong but wouldn't bet against it. Launches sometimes don't behave themselves and the whole switching system has to be perfect. Still, if they can get the areas impacting track wrapped up, maybe they can focus on testing the coaster. The only thing that I'm not sure on is if they can test it and have workers doing install. My guess is that OSHA wouldn't allow that to occur.

Reactions: truejonas
@Alicia Why the fudge didn't you mentioned me about the lower side being the side where the most scene's are. I pulled that out of my speculative bottom. ;) (just kidding, love you with a passion).
In the end this is all using your brain and playing Sherlock Holmes.
I’m sorry. I actually thought about crediting you somehow lol. I did refer to it as a good point in the video though, and I stand by it! Great point.

The spike part is near the main site entrance, so I think it will be one of the last things to be finished to allow for the construction equipment to get in easily while limited the potential damage that could be caused. Think of it like hoovering a room.

As for Intamin causing issues I think this is unlike most of their builds where the coaster is only part of the final product. The trains are on the track so they're preparing for testing. Any issues that are found, they will have minimum, 6 months to fix it.

The spike part is near the main site entrance, so I think it will be one of the last things to be finished to allow for the construction equipment to get in easily while limited the potential damage that could be caused. Think of it like hoovering a room.

As for Intamin causing issues I think this is unlike most of their builds where the coaster is only part of the final product. The trains are on the track so they're preparing for testing. Any issues that are found, they will have minimum, 6 months to fix it.
I do wonder if the spike will ever get built. The steel that Alicia pointed out has been there for many, many months, but has only started to be moved since they poured the foundation for Fluffy. Perhaps just a coincidence but I'm wondering if the steel is actually for the rockwork around Fluffy.

I do wonder if the spike will ever get built. The steel that Alicia pointed out has been there for many, many months, but has only started to be moved since they poured the foundation for Fluffy. Perhaps just a coincidence but I'm wondering if the steel is actually for the rockwork around Fluffy.
More likely rockwork behind flying car actually. Since it’s right there.

So they designed, engineered, manufactured, and delivered the stuff for the spike to not install it? Reminds me of the Diagon dragon and everyone hemming and hawing over that.

So they designed, engineered, manufactured, and delivered the stuff for the spike to not install it? Reminds me of the Diagon dragon and everyone hemming and hawing over that.
Sorry, I don't understand. I was thinking that perhaps the materials aren't actually for the spike. I have no information here so just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.