Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 411 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone find the Gatorade bottle hidden in the construction photos, that is the reason for all the pics of different angles afterall, right?
It was Powerade, and it is in this pic.

6a00e54ee7b64288330120a74d5252970b-500wi

The metal is to assemble structures to hold prefab rockwork in at least three different places on the ride (flying car area, Fluffy area, and around spike). Not sure what you mean by the other stuff without some arrows drawn on the image though.

Wait a minute, they're just getting started on rockwork structures now? Suddenly I'm concerned that this won't be ready by Memorial Day.

A few pages back we were talking about how it was weird that they were doing the small stone instead of the big sand stone. It looks like those are probably just damaged areas

Too me it looks like stone construction with plaster over the stones to smooth out the wall. Over time that plaster would get cracks in it from the elements, and eventually it would crumble off leaving the stones underneath exposed. It was a very common construction method for castles and abby's.
399-654-1-old-plaster-wall-ico-big.jpg

Too me it looks like stone construction with plaster over the stones to smooth out the wall. Over time that plaster would get cracks in it from the elements, and eventually it would crumble off leaving the stones underneath exposed. It was a very common construction method for castles and abby's.
399-654-1-old-plaster-wall-ico-big.jpg
That's exactly what Disney did for the Shanghai Pirates show building:
SDL-Treasure-Cove-12.jpg

To me though, this looks a lot more like the Leaky Cauldron facade in Diagon Alley:
Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 9.32.37 PM.png

From ThemeParkUniversity:

"The fear is the same. People will save their vacation dollars until they can jump on Hagrid’s bike/sidecar when it opens in the fall of 2019. Yes, that’s correct, this ride is currently slated to open in fall of 2019. How do I know that? If it were opening in spring, we would have at least gotten some sort of hint that this attraction has to do with Hagrid, motorbikes, another musion (as seen in Escape from Gringotts) pre-show… anything!

So if you’re wondering why the details of new offerings been coming out at a trickle (if at all), you can thank Star Wars and Hagrid’s motorbike roller coaster opening in the fall of 2019 and not sooner. But fear not! We will start to get official details in January and February 2019! However, those details are going to be very controlled to make sure the main message is “Come now and visit before the fall!” get ready to hear a LOT more of that. Your thoughts?"

:...:

Reactions: truejonas

"The fear is the same. People will save their vacation dollars until they can jump on Hagrid’s bike/sidecar when it opens in the fall of 2019. Yes, that’s correct, this ride is currently slated to open in fall of 2019. How do I know that? If it were opening in spring, we would have at least gotten some sort of hint that this attraction has to do with Hagrid, motorbikes, another musion (as seen in Escape from Gringotts) pre-show… anything!

So if you’re wondering why the details of new offerings been coming out at a trickle (if at all), you can thank Star Wars and Hagrid’s motorbike roller coaster opening in the fall of 2019 and not sooner. But fear not! We will start to get official details in January and February 2019! However, those details are going to be very controlled to make sure the main message is “Come now and visit before the fall!” get ready to hear a LOT more of that. Your thoughts?"

I was under impression from this thread that it was looking to be more of a summer time estimate (which gives me a sliver of hope that it might soft open when I'm there in May - it's a very thin sliver). Oh well, there's always HHN.

I could understand if someone had info from sources saying X attraction was going to open in X time. But I don't understand the logic of basing an opening time guess on how Universal has released any ride info. Basically because Universal is all over the map in the way they've released info on new attractions in the past. Heck, even though it wasn't a new ride just an area redo, they didn't release any info on Springfield until after they opened it. Subsequently, I'm not buying into this 'reasoning'. Maybe it won't open until Fall, but not because of this info flow guess.

Not solid logic. The same thing he said we’d know about now we didn’t know about Diagon at this point either, that didn’t open in fall 2014.

I’ve said recently that August is looking more likely, but I’m basing that on where they are in construction and rumors of certain milestones being hit late.

It may very well end up being Fall, regardless of why we think it.

To perhaps, to ask.

perhaps this attraction uses a mixture of new locations and old? Perhaps, if they do base the attraction after the Battle of Hogwarts; it's more of Hagrid trying to keep a check of remaining creatures that may be nearby Hogwarts?

Last edited:
I think that Universal is fine with all of the pictorial coverage & speculation regarding this attraction. In fact....I think that they put that covered train in plain sight knowing that pictures would be all over social media. Free hype machine!

I can't wait to see what the motor bike and side car look like. I know that they will look awesome. :grin:

Or... hear me out... everyone else is right and it’s still on for Summer.
I'm still going for the late Spring/early Summer soft opening unless Universal starts rescheduling all of those unprecedented late closing times (27- 9:00 PM for IOA..... 27-9:00 PM for USF) they just posted for May 2019. If Universal changes May to shorter closing times, then I'll be convinced the coaster is behind schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.