Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 421 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that they can do whatever they want and yadda yadda yadda, but the interest is certainly added to by doing things like vlogs and behind the scenes videos. If Universal chooses not to make those things happen then that's on them. I do find it funny that the fan community gives them free advertising by way of helicopter, people do notice, the pictures are shown to more than just fans.

Speculation by casual folks with mum information is how we got clip art Nintendo pictures over a Disneyland map.

Again, Universal is free to choose whatever they want to do marketing wise...They have been doing so for years...I just wonder how many people miss out

As far as entitlement, I am entitled to finding something funny...If you can't see the humor in someone renting a helicopter and flying over a theme park just for construction prog

On the reverse side you have Disney's unrelenting media march that was the opening of SDMT that left everyone with a bad taste in their mouths.

On the reverse side you have Disney's unrelenting media march that was the opening of SDMT that left everyone with a bad taste in their mouths.
Or, you know, good things like updates on Star Wars, announcing Ratatouille, Tron, and GotG for WDW, and an inside look at Tokyo’s Beauty and the Beast ride even though the latter won’t open until next year. Hmmm, what else is opening in Japan next year? It’s right on the tip of my tongue...

I don't want to see unrelenting coverage...Just something

I honestly want to see Universal be in the public conversation more...They've gotten better at it, but they are still finding their footing

I also believe they're post Potter drop in attendance...They have enough to keep people showing up

Reactions: Furiated and Mike S
I understand that they can do whatever they want and yadda yadda yadda, but the interest is certainly added to by doing things like vlogs and behind the scenes videos. If Universal chooses not to make those things happen then that's on them. I do find it funny that the fan community gives them free advertising by way of helicopter, people do notice, the pictures are shown to more than just fans.

Speculation by casual folks with mum information is how we got clip art Nintendo pictures over a Disneyland map.

Again, Universal is free to choose whatever they want to do marketing wise...They have been doing so for years...I just wonder how many people miss out

As far as entitlement, I am entitled to finding something funny...If you can't see the humor in someone renting a helicopter and flying over a theme park just for construction prog

I was a wrestling fan before I got into theme parks. The things uberfans will do to get info will never surprise me anymore.

That said, my comment wasn't to do with the humor of it - as much as I admire bio, it IS pretty funny - it was more to do with the subtext if "we should be given news and info anyway, as we're entitled to it." Whether intended or not, that's the way it read, which is why I worded my response the way I did.

Forget the theme park nerds.

I guarantee that more of the general public is aware about a new Star Wars land being built then a new Potter coaster.

That’s the whole purpose of marketing/advertising.

UOR needs to step up soon. People have already started planning their summer vacations. Myself included.

I was a wrestling fan before I got into theme parks. The things uberfans will do to get info will never surprise me anymore.

That said, my comment wasn't to do with the humor of it - as much as I admire bio, it IS pretty funny - it was more to do with the subtext if "we should be given news and info anyway, as we're entitled to it." Whether intended or not, that's the way it read, which is why I worded my response the way I did.
It's hard to get any news from Universal...We are interested and will go to great lengths to get some info

As I said, it's up to them how they want to disseminate official info...Even though I think their way of going about it is wrong and leaving them out of public conversation

It's hard to get any news from Universal...We are interested and will go to great lengths to get some info

As I said, it's up to them how they want to disseminate official info...Even though I think their way of going about it is wrong and leaving them out of public conversation
Oh yes, you clarified your position super well,and while we still disagree on the "shoulds," I didn't want you thinking I was calling you out on something I wasn't. Much love.

Reactions: shiekra38
Oh yes, you clarified your position super well,and while we still disagree on the "shoulds," I didn't want you thinking I was calling you out on something I wasn't. Much love.
You didn't, I just want to make sure my position is clear as I'm super fearful of the "we deserve it because we're fans" mentality (see Iger's comments thread)

At the same time I think Universal has a bogus way of "revealing" information to the public, fans/aps/GP included

Reactions: therock and Mike S
I mean it sucks we get litte info from Universal on this project, but to compare it to the marketing for Star Wars land is ridiculous. One is a single ride and the other is a billion dollar land of a massive IP. Yeah there is gonna be a slight difference in marketing.

And let's be fair, Universal doesn't NEED more people, per se. They're chugging along just fine. Throw your advertising into overdrive if that starts to slow down.

Well this could arguably be the best ride of 2019 in orlando and they know it, idk why they're waiting but they obviously have something planned. Seriously though I think we get something this month.

Reactions: shiekra38
You didn't, I just want to make sure my position is clear as I'm super fearful of the "we deserve it because we're fans" mentality (see Iger's comments thread)

At the same time I think Universal has a bogus way of "revealing" information to the public, fans/aps/GP included
Well, they do what they think works for them. I don't agree but I am not calling the shots.
I think they could market the heck out of the improvements and boost their gate count exponentially keeping the people coming back each year to see what is new but they didn't ask me and it is their playground so I guess we get what we get but to be disappointed with the lack of info is wasted effort IMO. Tuesday is shaping up to be an EPIC park day so I think I will partake.

If they boost attendance too much it will need expansion or it will be like Dis. Too crowded all the time

Last edited:
Going on the crowd levels experienced this year at HHN, Marketing know what they're doing when they want/need to. I think the latter being the key.

Anyhoo, on topic. The ruins of the abbey remind me a lot of some ruins we have nearby (about 45mins from Edinburgh in Scotland). Not my picture here but if Uni need my local knowledge I'm happy to help! :lol:

Edit: couldn't work out how to post the image.... nevermind, back to screenz etc etc
Q63Gio

Last edited:
I mean it sucks we get litte info from Universal on this project, but to compare it to the marketing for Star Wars land is ridiculous. One is a single ride and the other is a billion dollar land of a massive IP. Yeah there is gonna be a slight difference in marketing.
Ok.

Ride vs. ride, Disney has said and released more about the GotG coaster than Universal has for this coaster. Same goes for the Mickey Mouse ride.

Also, Gaurdians is either 2020 or 21. I forget which. Potter is this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.