Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 423 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question that's probably already been answered but I can't seem to find anything on it. What exactly are we looking at queue-wise? The queue was always one of my favorite parts of DD/DC and I was just wondering what we could possibly be seeing as we're walking through.

Reactions: Ryno27
I have a question that's probably already been answered but I can't seem to find anything on it. What exactly are we looking at queue-wise? The queue was always one of my favorite parts of DD/DC and I was just wondering what we could possibly be seeing as we're walking through.
The only thing we guessed is that it will set up the story (but that is a given).
Looking at both current Potter rides it will be an attraction on it's own. And although I also loved the DD queue I am sure it will be even better with this ride.

Do you know if it was manually pulled through the course or was it fin propelled?
I'm guessing pulled through manually. I don't think they would risk launching it with the track being partially wrapped. Too much risk to an expensive ride vehicle.

It was prob pulled though, the current progress would require a pull through for clearances as well as checking the track is aligned right (the train don't stick and such). They only properly test the launches when they start doing running in and i think for obvious reasons they will want to get the brake fin actuators, switch tracks and drop tracks running in and load tested (which is prob a good reason for a pull through to get the train to the drop tracks)

Though a fact with the Intamin hydraulic drop tracks if im correct is the track cant raise itself with a train on, it can only raise when empty so to load test requires moving the train around the rest of the course or lots of sand bags

I'm guessing pulled through manually. I don't think they would risk launching it with the track being partially wrapped. Too much risk to an expensive ride vehicle.

I would assume if the trains are on, they're past the pull through stage.

This raises a point.

If the trains are on the track, maybe Universal are planning on a photo shoot soon and go for actual photos instead of concept art when they release details. If they're behind schedule, this could have been planned for a new year announcement but has obviously been pushed back.

I would assume if the trains are on, they're past the pull through stage.

This raises a point.

If the trains are on the track, maybe Universal are planning on a photo shoot soon and go for actual photos instead of concept art when they release details. If they're behind schedule, this could have been planned for a new year announcement but has obviously been pushed back.
Correct me if im wrong, but wasnt the first official image of Gringotts of the trains in the station?

Reactions: Scott W.
Honestly any announcement will probably come sometime in March/April when they've got a better handle on an opening date.

They'll announce Mardi Gras any minute now, keep crowds coming. Then announce in March/April as people start making their summer plans. The sooner they announce the more people postpone visits.

Reactions: tielo
Do we think, since it's been said that the motorbike will have more traditional coaster seating, that we will be straddling a gas tank? And if so, will we have to hike our leg over it when loading? Or would it lower into place with the lapbar?

I think it was mentioned that it will not be like FOP. Just normal seats. Not sure of the restraint system though. Likely lap bar?

Reactions: truejonas
Any ideas on what we're going to see in the queue? I'm guessing it will be excellent, especially since Universal's track record on queues this decade has been extraordinary for the most part. I'm guessing a musion scene and at least one impressive AA.

I find it interesting that they seem to have some parts wrapped in blue tarps (the tower type structures that I think were part of the old castle and I assume areearly in the queue). I know it could be to protect something from the eliments, but (to me) it looks like those towers are wrapped to keep prying eyes out.

Reactions: natespf
I find it interesting that they seem to have some parts wrapped in blue tarps (the tower type structures that I think were part of the old castle and I assume areearly in the queue). I know it could be to protect something from the eliments, but (to me) it looks like those towers are wrapped to keep prying eyes out.
One of the towers had the tarp off when I went a little while back, it seemed like they were fairly far along with the basic structure
image0.jpg

That was right at the beginning of the original queue, but I wonder if it’ll still follow the same path it took before.

If I were to give my most educated guess...

This abbey structure's old classrooms would be where we begin our queue journey, now used as storage space for Hagrid's various creatures. I'm thinking it's a highly decayed structure, wood and stone aching with weight, heavy vines and agriculture growing through the windows and whatnot. Hopefully some really cool archaic wizarding minutiae. Potentially a major queue effect or element that introduces our journey.

We then descend into the catacombs and caves beneath the abbey, and make our way through to a set of show elements. I wouldn't expect any dull moments, either -- cobwebs, skulls, ancient runes, hopefully some scare gags, and maybe even some creatures? I'm hoping for at least one Kong-worm-style animatronic.

Once we reach the loading platform, I imagine we'll be in the mouth of the caves and back into an abbey setting. I'm hoping for some natural sunlight inclusion. We're loaded in twos, with the taller motorbike seat on the right. The first scene happens in the partially-sunlit courtyard, and then we're off.

Surely the pixies will be the first story element, kind of like "oh just come help ol Hagrid rescue some cornish pixies" featuring some hopefully improved character voices. Then, we come across the Anglia and narrowly miss it, heading then into more caverns beneath the abbey, fly into another storage shack of Hagrid's (I would not expect this structure to be Hagrid's Hut per se) and encounter a blast-ended skrewt, that seemingly can't control itself and ends up causing more damage, blasting us out of the hut and towards the glorious coaster segments that follow.

It's now up to us to steer back to Hagrid, but we end up crashing through some of the trees (featuring some pixies statues maybe?), later landing right in front of Fluffy, who curiously sniffs us, then barks us adieu as we venture into some deep caves. After a head chopper, they then end up leading us to a major dead end element, at which point the bike probably has given out and we have to rely on steering backwards through a forest that keeps getting denser and denser, with swaying fog and scarier noises.

Throughout the Forbidden Forest, we spot creatures and potentially some dark magic, which leads us to the devil's snare scene. It seems like it will do us in, when suddenly... Hagrid is there beneath us to save the day and either 1) cast lumos solem or 2) use the blast-ended skrewt to release us. We're now instructed to make it back to the abbey, as he's caught his pixies and skrewt. So we floor it and wrap it up triumphantly, later waving bye to Hagrid as we roll back into the Abbey cave/catacombs.

Anyways, I want to see a few renderings when we do get an announcement: one of what the entrance will actually look like with the ride in the background, one action shot with an animatronic, and a few shots of queue line elements. I sincerely hope they're hand-drawn and not weirdly rendered.

This exactly. They already have "more" people coming. There are only so many "more" people they can bring in before the experience is lessened, and then fewer will come.

I would say this is my biggest fear with anything new at Universal. I always feel like the crowds are decent and bearable whenever I go. Same trip, Disney is completely nuts. To be fair, MK is always nuts.

I'm picturing like ET but Potterfied.

I doubt it would happen, but having that glorious queue smell in two attractions? Heaven.

Regular ass seats.

I can't imagine anything but. If it's going to be more of the omnimover setup Alicia had been suggesting, I don't know how they'd quickly get people seated if they have to maneuver bike parts. Someone like me could jump on, someone like my father would take two minutes and numerous complaints about his knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.