Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 474 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone always seems to review the Raptor models really positively, though. Although having said that, I'd agree that it probably wouldn't be the best fit for a park of Universal's scale.

I took a peek, and can agree that they look pretty cheap. The follow up question would be whether or not Universal could work with them to get some nice theming going on to make it less cheap and more poppy.

Finally finished this. Second half isn't great and there are a few parts that don't quite line up with what's rumored to happen, but it's something

I'd ride it! It looks like one of those rides where you don't think it's moving that fast in the video, but by George you will be booking it.

Reactions: gabe3235
2 launches. 1 at the beginning, 1 middle of the ride course. Second launch being the faster one...guessing around 70-75mph. The bottom of the element after the launch I believe is where we will see the top speed achieved on this attraction.

I think 75 is about right.

I took a peek, and can agree that they look pretty cheap. The follow up question would be whether or not Universal could work with them to get some nice theming going on to make it less cheap and more poppy.

I'd ride it! It looks like one of those rides where you don't think it's moving that fast in the video, but by George you will be booking it.

You'll definitely know you're flying on this ride. One thing I love to give Intamin credit for is that they're the masters of proportions. It's always the right amount of force, the right amount of snap, the right amount of speed, so that you're fully aware of what is happening. Sometimes other manufacturers are guilty of over sizing their elements which in turn decrease the variables described above, but aside from Cheetah Hunt in certain areas, Intamin has always been right on the money when it comes to ride design.

2 launches. 1 at the beginning, 1 middle of the ride course. Second launch being the faster one...guessing around 70-75mph. The bottom of the element after the launch I believe is where we will see the top speed achieved on this attraction.
That is very similar to taron which is exiting!! I just cant see the room where a 75mph coaster can go but im willing to he shown, i also hope it has decent length.

Also I'm no engineer by any means, but can someone explain to me how coaster supports are installed over water? Dumb question maybe :shrug:

I think IOA's lagoon does have a concrete base. But even if it didn't, they could still build concrete supports into whatever was at the bottom
Yeah thats pretty much what I read, they could drill the cylinder into the earth then fill.

While a JW overlay is most likely imminent, I don't think an old sign sitting backstage is evidence of anything happening anytime soon. This is just a leftover from when they did the temporary overlays of the land in conjunction with the JW movies hitting theaters. It being visible is probably just a result of all the stuff being moved around backstage in preparation for 791 construction to kick into high gear.

EDIT: Just saw Dan's response - the plot thickens! (maybe)

I responded to Alicia on twitter about this but the sign was several feet in height and diameter, not like the ones in the gift shop. It was also located directly next to the triceratops encounter and was being worked on by crews. 3 minutes after the photo was taken....sign was moved.

I responded to Alicia on twitter about this but the sign was several feet in height and diameter, not like the ones in the gift shop. It was also located directly next to the triceratops encounter and was being worked on by crews. 3 minutes after the photo was taken....sign was moved.
Worked on, or thrown away? Looks like old cardboard with peeling paper to me.

Not that I don’t think the land is becoming JW eventually, I just think this is a random leftover promotional material from years ago taking up space backstage being cleared out.

Looking forward to your update though.

Status
Not open for further replies.