Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

Talked about this in the Nintendo thread. I think TPU is making stuff up because Pokemon isn’t happening as quickly as he assumed.

Zelda was never approved and set, so it can’t be “cancelled”
Wholeheartedly agree with you. I said something similar on the Nintendo thread, only in a little less harsh words.

Just saying, regardless of what goes into LC (HTTYD or Zelda, or something not being heavily discussed), I just hope whatever replaces Poseidon's Fury keeps the practical side of it. Walkthroughs might not be super exciting, but a highly themed walkthrough with smart AAs/Musion affects could be jaw dropping.

Just saying, regardless of what goes into LC (HTTYD or Zelda, or something not being heavily discussed), I just hope whatever replaces Poseidon's Fury keeps the practical side of it. Walkthroughs might not be super exciting, but a highly themed walkthrough with smart AAs/Musion affects could be jaw dropping.
Everything would likely be destroyed with nothing left standing.

LC was the best theme land on opening day, IMO. Why? Because it was unique compared to any theme land today. How? It was three related lands in one (Medieval Fantasy, Mystical Arabian, and Mythology)… although HP put an end to the Medieval Fantasy side. IMO Universal should begin Sinbad Stage Demo, because regardless of new theme coming to the land, it would not attract guest if the offerings are a stage show and a walk through show. So since Sinbad has the larger plot of land, then it should be used for the main ride of the land. When it comes to Fury, I don’t mind this building staying, but it needs to be completely redesigned inside and out. The building has potential, AC, cool special effects that can be repurposed, plus the park needs that type of walkthrough attraction, but it needs to be jaw dropping like the original show in 99. I do agree Zelda would be a great theme for the land, so it can keep that fantasy/mythological feel to that side of the park AND please! Keep Mythos Restaurant.

Everything would likely be destroyed with nothing left standing.

Don't break my heart like that. Although you may be right that the current PF would go away, I'd hope whatever structurally replaces it would maintain some of that practicality.

LC was the best theme land on opening day, IMO. Why? Because it was unique compared to any theme land today. How? It was three related lands in one (Medieval Fantasy, Mystical Arabian, and Mythology)… although HP put an end to the Medieval Fantasy side. IMO Universal should begin Sinbad Stage Demo, because regardless of new theme coming to the land, it would not attract guest if the offerings are a stage show and a walk through show. So since Sinbad has the larger plot of land, then it should be used for the main ride of the land. When it comes to Fury, I don’t mind this building staying, but it needs to be completely redesigned inside and out. The building has potential, AC, cool special effects that can be repurposed, plus the park needs that type of walkthrough attraction, but it needs to be jaw dropping like the original show in 99. I do agree Zelda would be a great theme for the land, so it can keep that fantasy/mythological feel to that side of the park AND please! Keep Mythos Restaurant.

I always forget how massive some of these plots are until I take a look at Google Maps. If they kept Replacement-Sinbad in the same area, that's roughly the same footprint of Transformers (at least, my limited measurement distance on Google Maps says so). They could fit something in there alright.

I always forget how massive some of these plots are until I take a look at Google Maps. If they kept Replacement-Sinbad in the same area, that's roughly the same footprint of Transformers (at least, my limited measurement distance on Google Maps says so). They could fit something in there alright.

Yes and don't forget the "Front Yard" of both attractions are big. They can easily make a land with two main pathways if they want.... they got plenty of space.

Yeah it would be silly for Universal to open a Zelda land before introducing Super Mario World. Mario is the more recognizable name, and I think the success of SNW will determine future Nintendo attractions in Orlando. Let's see how SNW in Japan and Hollywood does first. Maybe we get Zelda after 2023?

Yeah it would be silly for Universal to open a Zelda land before introducing Super Mario World. Mario is the more recognizable name, and I think the success of SNW will determine future Nintendo attractions in Orlando. Let's see how SNW in Japan and Hollywood does first. Maybe we get Zelda after 2023?
That’s pretty much what everyone thought until that article came suggesting it would be sooner.