Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

I know Zelda was rumoured but not that its confirmed that Breath of the Wild isn't exactly Canon by one of the creators maybe they will go for a different aesthetic
Where was this said? If you’re referring to what I think you are all they’ve done is dodge any official confirmation of where it takes place in the timeline. I highly doubt this game is viewed as non-canon especially when it’s the most successful game in the series and they’ve confirmed future Zeldas will be like it.

Where was this said? If you’re referring to what I think you are all they’ve done is dodge any official confirmation of where it takes place in the timeline. I highly doubt this game is viewed as non-canon especially when it’s the most successful game in the series and they’ve confirmed future Zeldas will be like it.

Nintendo actually has officially confirmed where it is in the timeline(s)

Breath Of The Wild Confirmed To Take Place At The Very End Of The Zelda Timeline(s)

Essentially it might happen at the end of all 3 timelines, or quite possibly none of them. But they have placed it officially on their Japanese site.

Ok. So this is Aonuma's new official take on it.

But that doesn't mean it's not "canon". Just that it now does not officially sit on one of the previously published timelines. It is it's own entity from a timeline perspective but it's still Zelda. So no reason they couldn't/wouldn't theme the proposed land off of it. It contains so many elements that have appeared in many of the other games (locations, characters etc.)

But personally I wouldn't want the land themed specifically off of this one game (or any one game in series in particular).

Ok. So this is Aonuma's new official take on it.

But that doesn't mean it's not "canon". Just that it now does not officially sit on one of the previously published timelines. It is it's own entity from a timeline perspective but it's still Zelda. So no reason they couldn't/wouldn't theme the proposed land off of it. It contains so many elements that have appeared in many of the other games (locations, characters etc.)

But personally I wouldn't want the land themed specifically off of this one game (or any one game in series in particular).
Let’s not forget that the only reason they even made an official timeline is because fans were begging for them to do it. They used to be perfectly content just making games based on whatever ideas they had.

Let’s not forget that the only reason they even made an official timeline is because fans were begging for them to do it. They used to be perfectly content just making games based on whatever ideas they had.

For sure. I think the whole 3 split timelines (especially the 2 path split from Ocarina) is a bit messy to begin with.

For sure. I think the whole 3 split timelines (especially the 2 path split from Ocarina) is a bit messy to begin with.
There was one guy on YouTube that put all the games together in the original idea of two split timelines that made a lot of sense. More sense than the three timelines. I’ll try to go find it but I don’t think I’ll be able to due to how it was before BotW and all searches for theories will be about that game and drown out anything older.

Last edited:
I know it's early but have there been any hints to what kind of ride or show would be possible for this location?

I would love an indoor water ride, based on Zelda/H with AAs. Could have a temple theme and reflect the puzzle-like gameplay of Zelda.

I know it's early but have there been any hints to what kind of ride or show would be possible for this location?

I would love an indoor water ride, based on Zelda/H with AAs. Could have a temple theme and reflect the puzzle-like gameplay of Zelda.
Really no information. I think only TPU has even hinted at it changing to Zelda, but nothing outside of that minimal info.

There was one guy on YouTube that put all the games together in the original idea of two split timelines that made a lot of sense. More sense than the three timelines. I’ll try to go find it but I don’t think I’ll be able to due to how it was before BotW and all searches for theories will be about that game and drown out anything older.
I know game theory did one saying the official Nintendo timeline was wrong. could start with his channel.

Maybe that new boat-ride patent will be of some use or the moving theater patent from a few years ago. But time will tell, I don't think anything is concrete yet.

The Zelda timeline is dumb and worthless. Every game is a variation on the same mythology. Trying to fit it into #LORE is a worthless endeavor.
It only gets really messy when trying to include games pre-OoT or just the 2D games in general which are the ones that don’t really offer any evidence. Now of course we also have BotW. As an example the story links between Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess are pretty clear and make narrative sense. Wind Waker’s sequels would also then make sense by extension.

I think they only make sense when squinting and forcing them into a rigid lore like crappy Skyward Sword tried to do.
Even taking that game out the other 3 make sense.

Link defeats Ganon and goes back to his childhood. In that alternate future Ganon returns and wrecks havoc. Without a hero to stop him, the gods flood the world. This is all in Wind Waker’s opening.

In the childhood that Link returns to he warns everyone about Ganondorf’s true plans. Ganondorf is put on trial and exiled to the Twilight Realm. Majora’s Mask also takes place here directly following OoT.

All Skyward Sword did was explain the origin of the Master Sword and why there’s always an endless cycle of Link + Zelda vs. Ganon. Btw I think it’s crap too. Before Skyward Sword all of these links were still pretty clear.

Last edited:
Even taking that game out the other 3 make sense.

Link defeats Ganon and goes back to his childhood. In that alternate future Ganon returns and wrecks havoc. Without a hero to stop him, the gods flood the world. This is all in Wind Waker’s opening.

In the childhood that Link returns to he warns everyone about Ganondorf’s true plans. Ganondorf is put on trial and exiled to the Twilight Realm. Majora’s Mask also takes place here directly following OoT.

All Skyward Sword did was explain the origin of the Master Sword and why there’s always an endless cycle of Link + Zelda vs. Ganon. Btw I think it’s crap too. Before Skyward Sword all of these links were still pretty clear.

I'd argue that the connections aren't as definite as you make them out to be, but that's my overall point. These are all oral myths told different ways, and the connections come from the way people interpret them.

I'd argue that the connections aren't as definite as you make them out to be, but that's my overall point. These are all oral myths told different ways, and the connections come from the way people interpret them.
Except with those specific games it’s clear that there’s a connection, especially in Wind Waker which shows the same Seven Sages from OoT’s adult timeline in Hyrule Castle. It’s the only part of the timeline that makes sense because it’s the only part where you can argue they actually put thought into it. With Breath of the Wild they went back to the old way of not really caring considering it has numerous references to both timelines.