The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Their better be some fire effects in this new land if they are taking down Poseidon's Fury.
They could replace Poseidon’s Fury with an empty lot and it would get the same attention it does now, lol.

It needs to go, fire or no fire. It’s not a crowd puller. Nothing in LC is. The only reason people go through is to get to Harry Potter.

Reactions: SkiBum and therock
They could replace Poseidon’s Fury with an empty lot and it would get the same attention it does now, lol.

It needs to go, fire or no fire. It’s not a crowd puller. Nothing in LC is. The only reason people go through is to get to Harry Potter.

Hmmm. I can honestly say I’ve never been on Poseidon’s Fury where it wasn’t filled to capacity. It brings more people in than you think. It’s a good attraction to get cool and out of the sun. I go in the summer when it’s busier so I can’t speak to what it’s like at slower points of the year.

But yes you are correct in the sense LC is just a bridge to get to Potter. A Zelda overlay would be a welcome addition

Reactions: RevFreako
Yes. Look at what they did with Potter as an guide.
Mark Woodbury later said that was a mistake, since it cost a lot to upgrade the kitchens and bathrooms used in the first Wizarding World. At the opening of Gringotts/Hogwarts Express, they held a Q and A session for TMs, and that was brought up as a “This didn’t save as much budget in hindsight” answer.

Mark Woodbury later said that was a mistake, since it cost a lot to upgrade the kitchens and bathrooms used in the first Wizarding World. At the opening of Gringotts/Hogwarts Express, they held a Q and A session for TMs, and that was brought up as a “This didn’t save as much budget in hindsight” answer.

Yea, I really think they’re just going to demolish everything and start from scratch

Reactions: Frogki and Mike S
Suess Landing does and still holding out hope for a Mt. Krumpit dark ride/family drop coaster
Seuss is definitely in major need for an expansion imo. It's a large land that has a lot of rides that mostly cater to younger kids and the one family ride has been tamed down so much that it's not even fun anymore. There's nothing wrong with a land aimed at kids, but it would be nice if there was at least one E-ticket within the land that the whole family could enjoy. CitH is not that.

I do think Toon Lagoon is the bigger parkwide issue once LC gets demolished (i.e., get rid of the dated comics and characters and put something worthwhile in there... Bluto's can stay in a re-theme, but Ripsaw has to go. It's embarrassing.) I do hope that they set aside the Toon Amphitheater for Marvel expansion. Marvel has nowhere to expand to but that plot unless they remove some rides.

I do think Toon Lagoon is the bigger parkwide issue once LC gets demolished (i.e., get rid of the dated comics and characters and put something worthwhile in there... Bluto's can stay in a re-theme, but Ripsaw has to go. It's embarrassing.) I do hope that they set aside the Toon Amphitheater for Marvel expansion. Marvel has nowhere to expand to but that plot unless they remove some rides.
I mean, it's not a bad attraction design-wise. I think with a complete overhaul on the effects and environment, it could be a serious contender with Splash Mountain.

I hope Mythos get better servers, never got a good experience there. But the theming is amazing and the food is decent.
I have had one gentleman over the last few years that is exceptional. Most are pretty good IMO but this person stood out. Sadly he is no longer working at Mythos. Along with the menu I fear this is the direction it is headed.