Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 483 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This needs a show scene and an epic queue to make me think this is anything but a wasted opportunity. Dinos are cool...use the property Universal. A generic coaster is a poor response to a Tron and Guardians (assuming 2021 opening for those). I’ll be confused if Universal make the effort for Potter but not for their own biggest property...I hope they’ve considered this more than their decisions over the past half decade. I’m concerned.

Is Hulk a generic coaster? This will be *more* like that and DC than the Potter coaster, doesn’t mean there won’t be distinct elements for this ride.

Is Hulk a generic coaster? This will be *more* like that and DC than the Potter coaster, doesn’t mean there won’t be distinct elements for this ride.

Debatable imo. Hulks theming isn’t enough for me to prefer it to Kraken, Manta or Mako. It’s my least favourite ‘big coaster’ in Orlando.

I hope they’re reading...people like Dinosaurs!! Give us cool Dinosaurs!!

Reactions: Andysol and therock
Debatable imo. Hulks theming isn’t enough for me to prefer it to Kraken, Manta or Mako. It’s my least favourite ‘big coaster’ in Orlando.

I hope they’re reading...people like Dinosaurs!! Give us cool Dinosaurs!!

I think we over corrected people in saying this will be un-themed. I didn’t want people to think they’re going to receive a coaster with show scenes and AAs and instead this will be a highly themed but more traditional coaster experience.

There were a few folks mentioning a tall section where trike ecounter sits now, what if that tall section looked more say... similar to Krakatau than an unthemed tower?

Reactions: therock
But that's the thing, this ride needs AA's! The more ACTUAL Dino's the better.
That's what River Adventure is for.
Kinda pointless having animatronics when you're whizzing by at 60+ mph. That's not to say there won't be some for this ride(queue, most likely), but if everyone's right about this, there won't be time for any animatronics during the ride.

Landscaping is key to this attractions...If it's pretty then awesome

I would have loved the highly themed mine train coaster that was talked about a while ago

But a speed machine works too

We'll get plenty of dark rides in the new park (possibly Jurrassic World)

So, with walls popping up and work likely to begin - how long til Universal confirms that at least something is coming?

I still wish they would do something like this:

0NyOgmt.png

I went into a little rant about the park in my article about the stuff happening haha

Preparation Begins for New Roller Coaster and Rumored Jurassic World Overhaul at Islands of Adventure Florida - Jurassic Outpost

Still, I'm excited for something new.

Just needs a Mosasaur jumping for the train as it goes by....

(not based on a rumor, just a personal wish... it just would make TOO MUCH sense!)

Just gonna leave this here for all the non-believers....

Well. Just seeing this.

I love the aged look - is the theme going to Jurassic World after its fall?

Interestingly timed tweet from official UO:

I was amused at the number of suits, pant and male, that were in the area. From TL to potterland they were in the buildings, paths, when I walked the walls along the way. Never in a way that showed concern with my being there but they were all over the place. Pairs, packs, the place was fully populated.

Reactions: shiekra38
Hope they learned their lesson? From one of the company's most popular attractions and one of the most popular attractions in said park? I sure hope they did too! :lmao:

Once again, don't quite get the "BIG COASTERZ BAD" meme on here. I get not wanting to have as many as Six Flags or even Busch, but having a couple of them is part of what helps Uni stand out from Disney. The combination of highly themed rides AND big coasters is what made me fall in love with Uni, particularly Islands in the first place.

Once again, don't quite get the "BIG COASTERZ BAD" meme on here. I get not wanting to have as many as Six Flags or even Busch, but having a couple of them is part of what helps Uni stand out from Disney.

It’s because most people here who complain about them are primarily Disney fans and see parks through Disney conditioning. I’m not saying this as a put down or a jab to said people. It’s jusy clearly the case

It’s because most people here who complain about them are primarily Disney fans and see parks through Disney conditioning. I’m not saying this as a put down or a jab to said people. It’s jusy clearly the case
Ehhhh I’m a bigger fan of universal, but don’t really like unthemed steel coasters. Universal is better than that at this point. You provide thrill other ways.

Once again, don't quite get the "BIG COASTERZ BAD" meme on here. I get not wanting to have as many as Six Flags or even Busch, but having a couple of them is part of what helps Uni stand out from Disney. The combination of highly themed rides AND big coasters is what made me fall in love with Uni, particularly Islands in the first place.
I completely agree. I remember my first time visiting Islands as a kid (2006), a perfect blend of rides for the avid thrill seeker and for those with families. Ever since they demolished the Dragon Challenge, this idea of having a new high-speed coaster with inversions reinstates the perception I had of Islands of Adventure when I was a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.