Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 484 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what River Adventure is for.
Kinda pointless having animatronics when you're whizzing by at 60+ mph. That's not to say there won't be some for this ride(queue, most likely), but if everyone's right about this, there won't be time for any animatronics during the ride.
Yeah, but I'd prefer at least some AA's. Kind of like Everest did with the Yeti. Have them there but only in select areas/scenes.

Yeah, but I'd prefer at least some AA's. Kind of like Everest did with the Yeti. Have them there but only in select areas/scenes.
What you're describing is the HP coaster.

I'm in the same boat as you, trust me. I'd prefer to keep JP a lush jungle. At the same time, if they deforest a bit to bring in a great new coaster, I'm not going to complain.
Until Raptor Encounter, JP sat untouched minus Kong. One and a half rides and a few walkthrough attractions doesn't quite cut it for the amount of space they have. Let's just be happy they're doing something.

Reactions: Magic-Man
What you're describing is the HP coaster.

I'm in the same boat as you, trust me. I'd prefer to keep JP a lush jungle. At the same time, if they deforest a bit to bring in a great new coaster, I'm not going to complain.
Until Raptor Encounter, JP sat untouched minus Kong. One and a half rides and a few walkthrough attractions doesn't quite cut it for the amount of space they have. Let's just be happy they're doing something.
But the best part of JP was the unused space. It made you feel as if you were secluded and in the middle of a jungle...until Kong and HP ruined that. It never felt cramped.

Reactions: CyborgDinosaur
But the best part of JP was the unused space. It made you feel as if you were secluded and in the middle of a jungle...until Kong and HP ruined that.
I agree. The existence of Kong in JP pisses me off to no end, and I have made my opinion known here a few times on seeing the castle from the River Adventure.
Given these two things, it's clearly time to change the dynamic of that half of the park.

That said, Uni would have to be crazy to rip the landscape out completely. It's one of the best examples of horticulture in the industry, IMO.

There are unfortunate aspects of Potter and Kong encroaching on JP but that has nothing to do with this project. They aren't going to rip out all the trees and plop Hulk in the middle of the land. There will be theming mainly for the passers by and the queue, but it's more about the thrills while on the ride. The "fan art" concepts or whatever you want to call em may not be exactly what's going in, but they are good illustrations of the scale. It's mostly taking over a closed area and you'll still be surrounded with trees. I understand the importance of the illusion that there's more area (where all the dinos are hiding), you get that with the kids area, you get that with JPRA and you'll still get that with this plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.