Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not the latest as they do have a few completely disconnected properties near the convention center. (also Universal land staying conservation isn't highlighted)

But between the little 8s and part of the left 6 could possibly be added in as well.

Attachments

• Universal I-Drive District Master Plan.png
    Universal I-Drive District Master Plan.png
    949.5 KB · Views: 79
Personally I hope the 4th park is a long way out...I don't want Universal to out stretch themselved too quick

Please let's not start a Park 4 speculation thread haha
We also need to give the entertainment industry time to produce more proven content. The amount of things left that can anchor a theme park is not long. LotR, Bond and maybe Star Trek? I sort of expect LotR or Star Trek to go to Fantastic Worlds as expansion eventually though.

Point is, theme parks are gonna run out of viable content that people care about eventually.

We also need to give the entertainment industry time to produce more proven content. The amount of things left that can anchor a theme park is not long. LotR, Bond and maybe Star Trek? I sort of expect LotR or Star Trek to go to Fantastic Worlds as expansion eventually though.

Point is, theme parks are gonna run out of viable content that people care about eventually.
Personally, I hope they set a standard to continue renovating their current gates for a long time....I suppose growth may reach a point where another new park is needed, but I hope they let this new park mature as long as the originals

Disney has a monopoly on good theme park IP's. They have a never ending supply. They've only tapped a small percentage of stuff that would work well in a theme park for attractions...Very little left for all the other theme park chains.

I'm still shocked that Universal/Comcast didn't end up getting Warner Bros. It seemed like a perfect fit.

Last edited:
The 100 acre plot for back of the house/warehouse/offices that if I’m looking correctly is just north(top) of the main parcel and east(right) of lockeed.

Well yea, I meant in regard to attraction and hotel space. I guess conversations are getting jumbled but I was talking about west of Kirkman. They own some of that green/water but can't use it for attraction/hotel. It's got the two little 8s and the nub foot from the big 8. It would be great if the do get the land to connect the two little 8s and/or some of the left 6.

I know that it came from insiders, but I would caution Universal strongly against a fourth “dry” theme park. Three theme parks, and two water parks, sound like the sweet spot: enough to get guests for a three or four day weekend (3-day tickets used only on dry parks), but enough to sell someone on a week stay (5-day ticket, visiting three theme parks and two water parks). That’s an easy marketing message to communicate for selling vacation packages.

I also say this, because I don’t want new additions to be spread as thin as they are for the Disney Parks. WDW has a tough time balancing four parks, and despite their current slate of projects, DAK is not getting any major additions any time soon after Pandora opened. With the Universal “One Attraction a Year” concept, I would not want to see a 3-or-4-year gap between major installations at any given UO park, even if the “UO Resort” as a whole would receive something every year. And that’s assuming that they’d stick to that formula, or that it would that same pattern they’ve been working with for a few years now.

We know there’s a new theme park, and a water park seems very likely given the large number of hotel rooms coming, but I’d rather see Universal expand Hollywood and to more international locations, than worry about a potential sixth park in Orlando.

six? must not be very good....
Film rights for books are proportional to popularity. MOST rights will sell for around $50,000. The Harry Potter rights (the biggest book series of all time) was $2m for the first 4 books. That's $500,000 a book. So, six figures.

That's the joke.

If you're going to try and troll, know the topic.

Reactions: truejonas
I know that it came from insiders, but I would caution Universal strongly against a fourth “dry” theme park. Three theme parks, and two water parks, sound like the sweet spot: enough to get guests for a three or four day weekend (3-day tickets used only on dry parks), but enough to sell someone on a week stay (5-day ticket, visiting three theme parks and two water parks). That’s an easy marketing message to communicate for selling vacation packages.

I also say this, because I don’t want new additions to be spread as thin as they are for the Disney Parks. WDW has a tough time balancing four parks, and despite their current slate of projects, DAK is not getting any major additions any time soon after Pandora opened. With the Universal “One Attraction a Year” concept, I would not want to see a 3-or-4-year gap between major installations at any given UO park, even if the “UO Resort” as a whole would receive something every year. And that’s assuming that they’d stick to that formula, or that it would that same pattern they’ve been working with for a few years now.

We know there’s a new theme park, and a water park seems very likely given the large number of hotel rooms coming, but I’d rather see Universal expand Hollywood and to more international locations, than worry about a potential sixth park in Orlando.

I think 3 is the way to go. But I would not be surprised if Uni tries something else for a "4th gate", whether it be a boutique experience or something else.

Reactions: natespf
It looks like Universal is about to get even more land to help someone pay off their debt.

Thomas owns other Ovation land under a different entity, which owes more than $11 million to Gamma Real Estate, of New York City. Thomas has said that loan comes due Jan. 18. Thomas has said he is working on a deal to sell land in Orlando, Florida, to Universal Studios. If completed, Thomas said that land sale would give him the funds to pay off his debt to Gamma.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvil...-drop-dead-date-for-ovation-co-developer.html

I believe he only has two small parcels left - one is wetlands, and the other is a utility easement & possible ROW for extending Kirkman Rd the rest of the way to Destination Pkwy.

Those parcels are almost useless to Universal and I see no reason why they would pay very much to acquire them.

Status
Not open for further replies.