Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how they would ever have room for two theme parks and a water park, never mind 6 resorts - unless they end up with the land Lockheed currently sits on.
Dave's blue sky long term planning insider info is generally pretty accurate. But, as you said, those plans probably entail additional land purchases in that area, wherever those purchases may be.

Reactions: Andysol and Quint
I don't see how they would ever have room for two theme parks and a water park, never mind 6 resorts - unless they end up with the land Lockheed currently sits on.

Dave's blue sky long term planning insider info is generally pretty accurate. But, as you said, those plans probably entail additional land purchases in that area, wherever those purchases may be.

If they can buy the two remaining bankruptcy parcels on Universal Blvd then they should be able to make it all fit by putting the waterpark west of the Kirkman extension.

Reactions: natespf
That'd place it even longer term than USF and IOA. So yeah. I have no doubt they have overall plans but we don't need to worry about them now. Make the next park the best they can.
I expect the 4th theme park to open about 10 years after the 3rd one. With the water park opening between them. The last two resorts will open after the 4th theme park. For a total of about 15 years.

Don't forget they already do have a few parcels west of Kirkman. To be connected with a street basically running the path of the canal west of the power substation, south of Lockheed. Take a bus that's still shorter than some on Disney.

Obviously though the specific details of big picture plans can change over time, they throw stuff in to illustrate what can fit.

Reactions: dustinwashere
So long term plans even though we aren’t even thinking about that right this minute Universal Orlando does have the space for the third dry park, 4th dry park and water park. Jezzz how much land do they really have in a aerial view on map?

And of course you it’ll totally go as planned too, like the golf courses and Egyptian hotel at the main property show......
UOR went through 3 ownership changes during the expansion of the current resort with one of them even trying to sell off "Parks & Resorts". I'm not saying there won't be changes, but I think Comcast has a more solid vision and the resources to see it through.

But things can change even for the upcoming projects, let alone what's over a decade away. On a master plan what could go there is not set in stone.

Once the new resort opens and the people are Lockheed have to deal with the traffic, they’ll be begging to get relocated and free up the land.

Reactions: s8film40
Status
Not open for further replies.