Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick permit update - lots of new permits have been filed with the SFWMD over the last few days for various sections of the new property, and the first building permits for the back of house buildings were also filed today:

j30qxXo.png

HwAngQO.png

jROn1OE.png

iwQVBBC.png

X2f3lGq.png

None of the SFWMD filings are really for new permits, they are all transfers of previous permits because Universal is ending the subsidiary company they used to acquire the new property. Universal purchased all of the south land through SLRC Holdings LLC, and the documents in these recent SFWMD filings say that they have now merged SLRC into the main property holding company for Universal Orlando Resort, which is Universal City Development Partners Ltd.

Just a quick permit update - lots of new permits have been filed with the SFWMD over the last few days for various sections of the new property, and the first building permits for the back of house buildings were also filed today:

j30qxXo.png

HwAngQO.png

jROn1OE.png

iwQVBBC.png

X2f3lGq.png

Bingo

Maybe I'm getting excited about nothing, but did anyone else's mind go racing when they saw "Newover Canal"??

View attachment 10320
I think it's nothing. The "Newover canal" is a 15-20 year old, mostly underground canal that runs from along Universal Blvd. to near the South Concourse of OCCC as a significant part of the drainage system for the Universal Blvd and I-drive areas. I believe that the pictured SFWMD filing is just to transfer a permit from SLRC Holdings to Universal City Development Partners, and not actually for any new work.

Lol you can't compare The Last Jedi to Fantastic Beasts. The Last Jedi is the 8th Star Wars film and FB is like the 10th film. Sure, FB isn't as popular and theres no arguing that, but its the brands that sell more than the actual films itself. Star Wars and Harry Potter as a brand are quite strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.