Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2) | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the announcement is actually going to focus more on infrastructure that supports the park and how it will impact the OCCC and that side of I-Drive. Yes, a theme park is coming. Here’s what it means: Kirkman extension; possible rail from MCO to OCCC, partially funded by Universal; another hotel.

That would actually be the biggest news, now, for Orlando. Throw in an OCCC renovation, it's huge.

Or Universal now owns OCCC....biggest shocker and plot twist

I think the announcement is actually going to focus more on infrastructure that supports the park and how it will impact the OCCC and that side of I-Drive. Yes, a theme park is coming. Here’s what it means: Kirkman extension; possible rail from MCO to OCCC, partially funded by Universal; another hotel.

If it isn't for the groundbreak..that may actually make a lot of sense. Especially if NBCU/Comcast and the city of Orlando (alongside neighboring counties) are on great relationships with the Orlando resort, due to the continued yearly investments made towards the resort and surrounding area.

I am curious to see how they are handling Orlando in this, and I am very interested to see when reporter stations and outlets ask about how it'll affect communities.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Not sure why, but Universal seems to always announce new parks right as they’re about to start actual construction. Years in advance. Around the world and back home. Even Volcano Bay was announced with concept art 2 years before it opened.
Disney does too... its attractions they sit on. Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Studios and AK were all announced years before they opened --- in fact EPCOT even offered construction "tours" (monorail to the station platform for viewing and a video) -- and charged for it!

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Just a quick permit update - lots of new permits have been filed with the SFWMD over the last few days for various sections of the new property, and the first building permits for the back of house buildings were also filed today:

j30qxXo.png

HwAngQO.png

jROn1OE.png

iwQVBBC.png

X2f3lGq.png

Just a quick permit update - lots of new permits have been filed with the SFWMD over the last few days for various sections of the new property, and the first building permits for the back of house buildings were also filed today:

j30qxXo.png

HwAngQO.png

jROn1OE.png

iwQVBBC.png

X2f3lGq.png

Is there any idea what SFWMD stands for? I’m assuming Fantastic Worlds for the middle.

With all of these public permits popping up, and more to probably come soon, having the announcement this week makes complete sense. Get in front of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.