Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than Bourne, Project 130 is/was the only other addition coming to USF. The permits for its infrastructure (Project 130i) were filed last summer and a new chiller plant and power substation were supposed to be built behind KidZone, but I don't believe any work has started yet. The curse of KidZone continues!

Oh and Shrek also came pretty close to closing, but that's also still holding strong, for now!
Thanks! Wow I’m glad I got the stuff I wanted from the Shrek store. I just couldn’t do Shrek for the 1000th time this trip especially since it wasn’t 5 minutes. They have to open a new ride before they close Shrek because it’s still a crowd eater.

KidZone is sad. ET needs new animatronics a decade ago but it was still enjoyable. I had a good time on Woody but it's so short the same with Mummy.

What is Project 130i supposed to be?

Here’s the thing... a new park is a HUGE announcement. 99.9% of people don’t even realize a new park is happening, so this announcement will hit big. Why cloud the announcement with announcements of rides that WON’T be in the park you just announced? They’d just be putting out a confusing message for those that don’t pay close attention to this stuff imo.

Here’s the thing... a new park is a HUGE announcement. 99.9% of people don’t even realize a new park is happening, so this announcement will hit big. Why cloud the announcement with announcements of rides that WON’T be in the park you just announced? They’d just be putting out a confusing message for those that don’t pay close attention to this stuff imo.

Makes sense, no confusing PR.

The last thing they want is Universal Escape 2.0.

Ya this is a fantastic point. Pun intended

Makes sense, no confusing PR.

The last thing they want is Universal Escape 2.0.
I think Nick is over valuing how much normies pay attention to this news, but it could be we won’t get everything this week. But I think we get more than one announcement this month if that’s the case

I think Nick is over valuing how much normies pay attention to this news, but it could be we won’t get everything this week. But I think we get more than one announcement this month if that’s the case
When this is announced, it will be major news. They won’t have to pay attention to it, it will be a story on every local news broadcast in America, probably make many major newspapers, and be a big story in the Potter community, Gaming community, etc.

People are going to have a tough time avoiding this news for a bit.

When this is announced, it will be major news. They won’t have to pay attention to it, it will be a story on every local news broadcast in America, probably make many major newspapers, and be a big story in the Potter community, Gaming community, etc.

People are going to have a tough time avoiding this news for a bit.

Maybe. But I don’t think having other announcements included in it would muddle people all that much.

I think they might announce new stuff for the original parks because they still want people to book their trips soon without waiting for the new park to open. So in that case we may see the JP coaster and the T2 replacement announced.

Smartest post I’ve seen yet in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.