Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 501 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Project Raptor, it's not going to make connecting Jurassic to Toon Lagoon possible, because of how it's going to be taking over aspects of the park previously used.

You can't get rid of Kong as it stands now, due to the invested time and money put into plussing the version to stand out from the Hollywood Kong 360.

And You won't get rid of Potter, because of it being a global brand with a larger turnabout than Kong, Jurassic, or any of the Toon Lagoon properties.

With everything moving the way it is, there is no need to needlessly make an "expansion" of Jurassic, just to justify the need of pushing Beijing out of having another exclusive attraction.

If you had to choose between potter and Kong to make more room for JW expansion you guys say it’s not happening but what if JW doesn’t come to the 4th gate? Then JW could expand at IOA but something must be taken out what could it be? Could sinbad show be replaced by JW? Too far from the land i guess. That’s why Kong puts JP/JW expansion in a tough spot even though most of you don’t agree. Reign Of Kong will be their for many many years.
If anything’s getting replaced for Jurassic at IOA its the Discovery Center, not Kong, and certainly not anything not contiguous to the main land.

Camp Jurassic, Pteranodon Flyers, and River Adventure could be rethemed for Jurassic World. We already got Blue. We’re getting a coaster. I’m sure the first floor of Discovery Center will eventually get an upgrade. That’s a lot for any theme park land.

Sorry...your right but it could make sense to feature more King Kong in a fourth gate I know you guys will disagree with me because of the rights issue. I’m sure the reply will be Kong is officially not coming into the fourth gate. Just saying we have a new movie universe with him would it just seem stupid for Universal to have that option on the table?

Sorry...your right but it could make sense to feature more King Kong in a fourth gate I know you guys will disagree with me because of the rights issue. I’m sure the reply will be Kong is officially not coming into the fourth gate. Just saying we have a new movie universe with him would it just seem stupid for Universal to have that option on the table?
Not the rights issue for the fourth gate but a public interest issue. Many other IPs that have a larger draw than Kong to put in a new park.
You seem to have a fascination with Kong and Godzilla, why?

Reactions: truejonas
I would like to see a monsterverse land but would need Toho to have approval letting in Godzilla and his enemies as another IP in the fourth gate. If the movies do good. Like I was saying if the movies flop then I would see why any sort of future theme park attractions wouldn’t be on the table at FW. King Of The Monsters looks promising. It remains a mystery if the new version of Kong comes to a fourth gate. We no nothing about that officially. I am not obsessed about Kong & Godzilla I’m just confused as to why Reign Of Kong wasn’t done until after the movie came out. I guess it would be stupid to have Kong in Godzilla’s themed land since the attention would mostly be focused on Godzilla himself. I don’t know. Maybe they shouldn’t do anything with these films.

I thought Universal’s decision to add Kong was short sighted; especially with Jurassic World having been announced back in 2013. Would have been put to better use for a JW expansion.

The ride was under construction by then. And through the planning stages. And they didn’t know how JW would be received. And they were two years away from even having the ability to buy the land back near Lockheed.

Hindsight is 20/20

I thought Universal’s decision to add Kong was short sighted; especially with Jurassic World having been announced back in 2013. Would have been put to better use for a JW expansion.

I agree.
Really would have been better finding a spot in the studios to build Kong instead of taking up Jurassic Park real estate.

On a seperate note, will the discovery center get a retheme/rebuild to make it the JW innovation center?

I agree.
Really would have been better finding a spot in the studios to build Kong instead of taking up Jurassic Park real estate.

Oh, God no. IoA desperately needed another indoor attraction, and a screen attraction was more than fine as there were only two hybrid screen attractions in the entire park.
The last thing USF needed was another screen attraction. Proof? See F&F.

Oh, God no. IoA desperately needed another indoor attraction, and a screen attraction was more than fine as there were only two hybrid screen attractions in the entire park.
The last thing USF needed was another screen attraction. Proof? See F&F.

Not sure the instalation of a really terrible screen ride (F&F) is proof or justification for it not going into the studios, a bad ride is a bad ride, wherever they build it... but I take the point about indoor rides for IOA.

I'm fairly certain the original plan was for Kong to replace Disaster.

That would have been quite poetic. Oh well.

EDIT: Never mind. I was thinking Kongfrontation was where Disaster was, not Mummy. Then, instead of being poetic, it would be ironic to be right next door to his old house...

Not what if’s and other rides. Let’s steer this back on track.
Speaking of track... what color would y’all like the track to be, and, what color do you think it’ll be?

With Hulk across the way I’d assume green is out. And with Potter I bet the natural grungy brown look is out too.

All I can say is JP would’ve expanded well in the Reign Of Kong section now since that attraction will be their for about 18+ years the chances of it leaving earlier are very low for a future JP attraction. Theirs not much they can do with expanding the land like we’ve said. Their not going to take away something from Potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.