Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 446 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we didn't know the original plans, we mighta thought it was cool to see what that part of the ride is like ahead of time. Could create excitement while getting in line.

It's their way of saying "Hey this one is actually a roller coster, come on in!"....

I mean, what can they do; make a little side-show in the queue with handlers having an creature to show to guests? Now that's just crazy talk..right?
I wish I could like this post more than once. Here's hoping the spike enclosure was the only sizeable cut.
It's from Quint. I'd take it to the bank.:thumbsup:
You put far too much faith in me. I'm just speaking in hypotheticals here. ;)

Ummmm Disney has budget cuts on rides also. Look at all of Toy Story Land. This isn’t a good thing, but let’s not act like Disney doesn’t do it too.

I’m not “acting like” anything sis. I’m telling you that this is a pretty big thing to budget cut, considering the park touted it as the most themed coaster ever. Let’s be honest, you’d never ever catch Disney cutting some of the things Universal likes to cut continuously. You don’t find it ironic that leaked docs (thanks Alicia) show them, in writing, saying that Disney’s been getting a “free ride” for so long and that their new park is an aggressive attempt to capture the week long vacation market?... yet they cheapen out constantly. It’s a good thing WB keeps these ppl in check. Hope Nintendo does the same.

Reactions: Andysol
New article up with construction photos and specific scene descriptions. I also created an updated track layout (below). I listed the scenes as best I could based on what we know, as well as some newer rumors.

Harry Potter Coaster Construction Update with Scene by Scene Track Layout – Orlando ParkStop

potter-coaster-layout-2019-07.jpg

I’m not “acting like” anything sis. I’m telling you that this is a pretty big thing to budget cut, considering the park touted it as the most themed coaster ever. Let’s be honest, you’d never ever catch Disney cutting some of the things Universal likes to cut continuously. You don’t find it ironic that leaked docs (thanks Alicia) show them, in writing, saying that Disney’s been getting a “free ride” for so long and that their new park is an aggressive attempt to capture the week long vacation market?... yet they cheapen out constantly. It’s a good thing WB keeps these ppl in check. Hope Nintendo does the same.

Oh Panick living up to your name. :lol:

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I gotta agree I think it is pathetic of Uni to cut that part of the theming. (If it was originally planned from the beginning) What is the point of a track spike when the riders will see it coming a mile in advance. Wouldn't the thrill of it be better hidden under some rock work where the average guest(not us theme park crazies) would not know where the coaster is heading?? Idk seems like a big blunder if this is the case. Changes the whole dynamics of the spike IMO

No one is saying the sky is falling on this project at all.(At least not me). This coaster will most likely end up being one of if not the best in Orlando. But to not voice a bit of disappointment and criticism to Uni is doing this ride a disservice. The most highly themed coaster Uni has touted, accompanied my its most famous and prestigious IP, allowing a budget cut on a visually, thematic and thrilling part of the ride, is, IMO a bit of a disappointment that deserves some criticism.

I was going to make a joke about the abbey not having a roof earlier but decided against starting a conversation like this.

Rock work would be nice, sure. Will tall trees surrounding the spike give a similar effect? Probably and it will add a nice dynamic to the overview to maybe see a bike and sidecar briefly appear before falling back.

Status
Not open for further replies.