Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 447 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it's practically a Six Flags parking lot coaster now!

See, twins:
sfmm04270630_492.jpg

Reactions: natespf and Ryno27
Remember when I complained about the volcanos backside and y’all told me to calm down because it’d look good once it was finished... but then it never looked good? That’s how I’m feeling about this spike.

So you want to then just ignore everything else the ride has going for it?

Sure, cool. Have fun freaking out over something that would've been seen by people for likely no more than 10 to 20 seconds.

Oh look, new article, new layout drawing. Neat, thanks. Now with scene numbers, how cool.

Amazing work on the article, especially with the photos!

Sometimes I feel on these forums you critique one thing, and people jump down your throat like we shouldn't have healthy criticism of these companies and should just be happy they are "Giving us something" yaddi yada. Its okay to have criticism on here guys.Its also okay that if you don't agree with my criticism, no need to act condescending. And I will always voice my opinion and criticism any day of the week. After Uni's F&F blunder, they deserve every bit of criticism I can think of.

Btw, congrats on making the news @Alicia ! Good work!

and @RollermanDan !

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I feel on these forums you critique one thing, and people jump down your throat like we shouldn't have healthy criticism of these companies and should just be happy they are "Giving us something" yaddi yada. Its okay to have criticism on here guys.Its also okay that if you don't agree with my criticism, no need to act condescending. And I will always voice my opinion and criticism any day of the week. After Uni's F&F blunder, they deserve every bit of criticism I can think of.

But it's one thing. One single blunder. You won't be able to see the spike for 90% of the ride. There was no show scenes in it. There's still theming surrounding the bottom of the spike and literally everywhere else on this ride.

I agree with the sentiment that the absence of a spike-enclosure will suck. But it's not the end of the world.

They're building a new theme park down south and tons of other attractions, for God sake. If I have to sacrifice a tiny bit of theming for more rides, so be it.

Nobody knows for sure if the enclosure was supposed to happen, guys it would not be ridiculously expensive, look at what they've spent on everything else.

It could’ve been cut for safety reasons too. Or timing reasons. Maybe they can’t enclose it until after the train has tested up/down the spike and they’re behind on testing, so it got cut to stay on schedule. We just don’t know.

But there was supposed to be some structure around it early in the plans. But plans change all the time. And while some are saying it’s due to budget cuts, there could always be more to it than that.

You've been here long enough to know that any criticism is immediately dismissed by the same 3-4 people. They are the first to immediately respond and discount whatever you say. You already know it's going to happen before it does. It's comical, really.

Oh look, new article, new layout drawing. Neat, thanks. Now with scene numbers, how cool.

Eh, not impressed. You've spoiled us too much. Wake me up when you have the layouts and IPs of Park 4.
You've done this to yourself by the expectations you've constantly over delivered on. So really, it's your fault. :tease:

No one is saying the sky is falling on this project at all.(At least not me). This coaster will most likely end up being one of if not the best in Orlando. But to not voice a bit of disappointment and criticism to Uni is doing this ride a disservice. The most highly themed coaster Uni has touted, accompanied my its most famous and prestigious IP, allowing a budget cut on a visually, thematic and thrilling part of the ride, is, IMO a bit of a disappointment that deserves some criticism.

I' m one that truly loves a highly themed coaster, yet in this case I don't mind the cutback. I always saw the spike as the motorbike stalling similar to how it does in the movies. IMO I think it makes more sense for the spike to not be enclosed. Why would we be flying up to the top of a cave? Does Hagrid think there is an exit at the summit? It makes more sense to be flying up in the air fast and the motor stalls because it can't take the adjustment in the speed. The sound effects could really sell this spike. Yes, it might have been cool to be in pitch dark, but it would not have made sense. This spike is going to be great at night with minimal lighting.

You've been here long enough to know that any criticism is immediately dismissed by the same 3-4 people. They are the first to immediately respond and discount whatever you say. You already know it's going to happen before it does. It's comical, really.

Eh, not impressed. You've spoiled us too much. Wake me up when you have the layouts and IPs of Park 4.
You've done this to yourself by the expectations you've constantly over delivered on. So really, it's your fault. :tease:
Too true ;)

Reactions: therock
My issue is the immediate jump to “GOD EMPORER DISNEY WOULD NEVER DO THIS!”

And then I look at Expedition Everest, whose second half is 99% unthemed helixes in a field, Slinky Dog JUST opened, etc and I just have to throw my hands up

I like how Universal's presentation on Fatastic Worlds talks about how Disney gets a "free ride" on the competition and that it's time to capture the week-long vacation market, yet other than being forced to by the likes of their WB contract, they haven't really shown us that they CAN be that good. Volcano Bay, Fast and Furious, new Hulk, new night time show, etc etc etc. The only time they really knock it out of the park is when they've got an IP partner riding their asses.

I like how Universal's presentation on Fatastic Worlds talks about how Disney gets a "free ride" on the competition and that it's time to capture the week-long vacation market, yet other than being forced to by the likes of their WB contract, they haven't really shown us that they CAN be that good. Volcano Bay, Fast and Furious, new Hulk, new night time show, etc etc etc. The only time they really knock it out of the park is when they've got an IP partner riding their asses.
Gotta agree with you there

Reactions: Honor_Knight
Status
Not open for further replies.