Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

In case anyone was wondering, almost none of Innoventions has been touched.
You don’t waste money on something that you’re planning on tearing down. Their currently in the process of moving everyone that’s in there out. For example, the WiR M&G is being moved to Imagination.

Epcot is still going to be in a poor shape for the 50th given how long they’ve taken to get moving on this. We’re approaching 2 years...and nothing.

Epcot is still going to be in a poor shape for the 50th given how long they’ve taken to get moving on this. We’re approaching 2 years...and nothing.
New rides and things do was probably a higher priority than gutting and demolishing Innoventions for some green space. I can't blame them. One of the biggest complaints about Epcot is there aren't enough rides. Now we'll have two brand new ones by 2021.

Then after that maybe they work on beautifying and unifying Future World, (instead of just putting up some paint swatches and calling it done like that time).

New rides and things do was probably a higher priority than gutting and demolishing Innoventions for some green space. I can't blame them. One of the biggest complaints about Epcot is there aren't enough rides. Now we'll have two brand new ones by 2021.

Then after that maybe they work on beautifying and unifying Future World, (instead of just putting up some paint swatches and calling it done like that time).
I feel like nobody even realizes Innoventions was there, they just avoid it on their way to Test Track

I feel like nobody even realizes Innoventions was there, they just avoid it on their way to Test Track

When they closed them all up when it changed from Communicore to Innoventions, it was basically assuring a long, slow death.

It's simply amazing how many wrong decisions Disney has made for Epcot since 1990-ish.

Odd that they haven't even started on the Future World redo

Almost as if it was just a hype piece so the uber fans would shut up about Chris Pratt's Energy Adventure
From what I’ve heard, WDI still doesn’t fully know what they’re doing, but they expected this place to be a construction zone by now.

The plans have been constantly delayed as they can’t agree on a vision.

The plans have been constantly delayed as they can’t agree on a vision.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED!
f4b760cf-7f29-4e5b-a5d4-3b674a705c7c_screenshot.jpg

But seriously, it's really disappointing to think that Disney will likely just continue to do things in Epcot in a piecemeal fashion, instead of being guided by cohesive ideas of what they want the park to be like on a thematic level (other than a receptacle for festivals).

With changes in management and priorities at Disney, the EPCOT vision has changed. I'd wager that it will again even before the work they're slated to do is finished.

I will say that I’m glad that they aren’t rushing it at least. This is going to be the placemaking that people see when they enter the park. I hope they get it right.

At least the tombstones are going.

Yea, as long as FW is made more green, anything is an upgrade IMO.

The only thing that would probably ever get me really excited in Epcot would be Imagination returning to something even 1/2 way resembling the original pavilion though. I will probably never get over that one.