Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After further research:

The Principalities of Catalonia experienced a 37% population loss during 1347 to 1497 due to the plague. Barcelona was the capital of Catalonia. Catalonia was under French and Spanish monarchy rule, and did not fully become a part of Spain until after the Franco-Spanish War. Catalonia sided with France during that war.

That would be how individuals left France and became Spaniards. Lancing canes and the lancing of buboes answers the rest.

I probably should forwarn people who are unfamiliar with me when it comes to riddles. I’m very tenacious and have an abundance of useless trivia.

So, plague doctors in Catalan or Barcelona.
Throw in some nightingales to feast on the dead

Damn, this is a nice way to start February.

If we’re getting a Nightingales sequel (BIG if), then they could announce it second, to follow the same pattern as last year—Stranger Things followed by a sequel to a beloved original, then a cult classic getting promoted from scare-zone to house.

Last edited:
So much mention of the plague and yet it doesn't relate to the clue*.

*the clue is very vague (of course) but has a central "key" between them that unlocks the house.

Spanish influenza? Charo? Can we get some phone a friends or something for the idiots like myself in the back please??

Has nothing to do with an illness.
Spanish Inquisition? I’ll elaborate. The Inquisition began in France and moved to Spain. The singing could refer to the lingo of how torturing will make someone “sing” which means to say something that they want to hear (a truth, a name, a proclamation.) A lance is also a spear which may have been used to determine if bodies were dead on crucifixes (a common torture method during the inquisition ), just as the Romans did with Jesus (that spear is considered the Holy LANCE.)

Last edited:
Spanish Inquisition? I’ll elaborate. The Inquisition began in France and moved to Spain. The singing could refer to the lingo of how torturing will make someone “sing” which means to say something that they want to hear (a truth, a name, a proclamation.) A lance is also a spear which may have been used to determine if bodies were dead on crucifixes (a common torture method during the inquisition ), just as the Romans did with Jesus (that spear is considered the Holy LANCE.)

With this in mind, could it potentially be a connection to Pit and the Pendulum?

Reactions: Kadath

I had the idea of a Castle Vampyr Spanish Inquisition sequel, in which it turns out that the Spanish Inquisition was a cover for vampires, and the lore that vampires are repelled by a crucifix is myth perpetuated by the vampires. It would be a mashup of Castle Vampyr, Dracula Legacy of Blood, Forsaken, and Gothic.

Last edited:

99% cold and 1% on the track to scalding hot, not sure how you managed that!

Reactions: Kadath
Had one word that could lead you somewhere interesting.

Roman gladiators? I'm grasping, obviously, but you said "one word," so I tended to look for a word used once in that post. Plus, under the Coliseum was technically a "pit."

Oh, and I'm happy to be speculating an original, since at this time of year IPs are generally the only thing known about.

I am disappointed about you shooting the "Inquisition" guess down. For a few minutes, it looked like my idea was coming true!

Last edited:

With this in mind, could it potentially be a connection to Pit and the Pendulum?

The Spanish Inquisition was started by Ferdinand and Isabella. That’s the same monarchs who sent out Columbus. Ferdinand and Isabella was the monarchy that began unification of Spain. Ferdinand of Aragon and Isabella of Castille. The only historical French that became Spaniards are the Catalans.

If lance is the key word, then we can’t move past the midpoint of the 30 year war. Lances were abolished in the Spanish Army in 1630. That’s the time frame if lance is the important word and lance refers to the combat weapon.

The Columbus connection is interesting, though. We’ve visited that fourth ship.

Edit: Corrected to fourth ship.

Last edited: