Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2018
I think Xbox already did this. Wouldn't it be cool if a gaming company would make a game for Universal Hollywood. Maybe take you on a tour of the park while collecting park characters.

NOTICE:
The game is not a true representation of UNIVERSAL STUDIOS THEME PARKS but an interactive game based on...

Thanks for the warning game :spit:

Not XBOX (although they did one with Disney), but Kemco made a game based off of Universal Studios Japan.

View attachment 8845

It's weird..very weird (and, a horrid excuse of a theme park game).
I used to LOVE this game. Still own it. It’s probablyone if the main reasons I kept interest in Universal’s theme parks during the dark years because I went a solid 8 years between visits (2002-2010... Potter got me back).

It may be extremely weird, but I think it did help the brand.

Totally not a Harry Potter fan. I think hes ruined Universal.

I'm sure we can take the discussion elsewhere (as I'd assume @Nick or @Joe could), but..what exactly has he ruined with Universal?

The Boy Wizard, has allowed huge growth for Universal Orlando, Hollywood, and Osaka (Japan). We have seen huge signs of life, with Illumination proving as a great sign of life with Minion Park in Osaka, and Gru's Neighborhood/SSFL in Hollywood. And because of Diagon (presumably), Nintendo and Universal are getting it off profusely, with SNW seeming from what I'm gathering, to be just as much of a big step like Potter.

I do think it warrants a discussion on a thread, but he has done so much, in so many ways for the future of UPR.

__

With Frontier & Universal getting nice with each other due to JW: Evolution, I have to wonder if the Planet Coaster teams may try to get Universal to do some form of..special collaboration with them, considering BTTF & The Munsters are already represented.

Universal could very well be non-existant and shut down w/o Potter. Unless you're a closet Seaworld fanboy who wants them to have a bigger marketshare, I don't see any possible way to be upset at Potter. Skip the land and enjoy the fact you still get a Universal at all.

If I'm not mistaken; after Blackstone sold to NBC, NBC seriously contemplated either shuttering the whole thing or going for broke. If they didn't do Potter, or if it was unsuccessful, it likely would've been the former.

Guess people dont understand what my opinion means. That's whats wrong with America. Its their opinion or none.

Its my opinion in which Im entitled to.

Guess people dont understand what my opinion means. That's whats wrong with America. Its their opinion or none.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. That's what these boards are for. However, sometimes opinions are simply wrong. Harry Potter did not ruin Universal, rather Potter saved it from a potential doomsday scenario.

Now if you mean Potter "ruined" the parks in the sense that the IP took over a large part of LC and replaced Jaws, which was a great attraction no doubt. If this is what you mean, then we can have a discussion based on that. Maybe we should choose a different word besides "ruin" though if this is what you mean.

Here we go again. I am RIGHT in my opinion. You are RIGHT in your opinion. Ruined is MY choice of describing Harry Potter. And YES HARRY POTTER RUINED Universal.

Here we go again. I am RIGHT in my opinion. You are RIGHT in your opinion. Ruined is MY choice of describing Harry Potter. And YES HARRY POTTER RUINED Universal.

Let me ask this, straight up: What do you define Potter "ruining" Universal?

I do think there does warrant a thread to be made, for the impact Potter has had for UPR in general during the tail end of the GE/Vivendi/Blackstone age, as there is a lot to talk about from since the point of Comcast taking the chance to allow UPR loose..

Especially, if we just continue a carousel of the same ol' song and dance, on a thread that is about a Early 2000's Universal game..then maybe we should close this thread up?

Status
Not open for further replies.