Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The art looks fantastic and so does the ride. I love the river, especially.

As for the name: obviously "Hagrid's Magical Creatures" is a bizarre ride name, I assume @Alicia it'll have a tag of "Adventure" or something?
“Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure” was the name I’ve been hearing for awhile now. Only recently have folks been saying it’s been shortened.

Personally, I woulda shortened it to “Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure“. I think they may have cut out the wrong words.

“Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure” was the name I’ve been hearing for awhile now. Only recently have folks been saying it’s been shortened.

Personally, I woulda shortened it to “Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure“. I think they may have cut out the wrong words.

Everybody is going to call it the Hagrid coaster anyway.

My curiosity got the better of me, the concept art doesn't match it up to any of the aerials we've seen since 1st October (Pottermore concept art leak).

The question now is with all this new information does this mean that Universal is getting close to an announcement or does it force their hand?

In the first outing Universal didn't use the name coaster but called it an Adventure. They showed coaster tracks.
Gringots was never presented as a coaster but some here said it wasn't a good coaster. It never meant to be, it's a way to transport the guests trough the ride while telling a story. I think this ride is an expanded version of that kind of ride. It has also a ton of coaster elements but it wants to tell you a story and not just a coaster. I expect the Jurassic World coaster will be a real coaster in the sense that the story isn't the main attraction but the coaster.

Because in the "story" of the ride, we're not on a coaster, we're on a flying motorcycle.

That's the sort of rationale I would assume Rowling would have (as I also assume she pretty much dictates what is acceptable nomenclature in the Wizarding World).

Maybe. But it just makes things easier on TMs when you call a coaster a coaster, especially when it won't be overtly clear at the entrance.

I would expect there will be the standard warning signboard at the entrance.

"Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is a turbulent, high-speed coaster experience featuring sharp turns, sudden acceleration, drops, and stops."

Yea, but absolutely no one ever reads those.

You wouldn't believe how many times I got asked at Spaceship Earth if it was a rollercoaster or if the Jungle Cruise had a big drop when I worked there.

It's not a big deal, but it irks me a little when they don't just put "coaster" in the name. Just makes everything easier.

Yea, but only after going into the exterior queue, through the entry arch.

Gotchya!

I would expect there will be the standard warning signboard at the entrance.

"Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is a turbulent, high-speed coaster experience featuring sharp turns, sudden acceleration, drops, and stops."

Heh nobody reads.

Also to be fair, TMs may be experiencing headaches but Grandma and Grandpa will definitely be stopped from going after walking inches into the queue at the very least.

Gotchya!

Heh nobody reads.

Also to be fair, TMs may be experiencing headaches but Grandma and Grandpa will definitely be stopped from going after walking inches into the queue at the very least.
With the number of LIMs on this thing they could just motor you along at 12mph then have the launches to speed with braking after and more motoring past the show scenes.
Could but I hope not.

For the safety spiel I hope it is in parseltongue delivered by you know who. Goblins for EFG and the snake for magical creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.