Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 395 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I doubt it would be anything drastic like changing the ride vehicle system. Probably don't want a budget that's in the vicinity of a new ride cost. I'm guessing more tweeking than anything.

How do you even budget something like this? This isn't a simple change the film and all will be fine situation.

Even if you throw several million at it, you also need to overcome the damage that's been done and the risk is high.

Maybe some projection mapping elements added in addition to another longer physical scene. This ride is running well under capacity so they could add a couple of minutes without any negative capacity issues. F&F is such a major IP, I'm sure they're upset it's not fulfilling it's value in customer demand, interest and merchandise sales. The negativity is such a big deal to Universal since it's a prime IP of their own, not just a nondescript minor IP ride.

Maybe some projection mapping elements added in addition to another longer physical scene. This ride is running well under capacity so they could add a couple of minutes without any negative capacity issues. F&F is such a major IP, I'm sure they're upset it's not fulfilling it's value in customer demand, interest and merchandise sales. The negativity is such a big deal to Universal since it's a prime IP of their own, not just a nondescript minor IP ride.

This might be me but my biggest disappointment in the ride is that it’s a simulator and I don’t see any way they can fix it beyond being ok and still use the same ride system.

Like I said the other day, the timing of this couldn’t have been better. Just as development is in full swing for the new park, the chances of a repeat of this happening again any time soon is slim to none.

This might be me but my biggest disappointment in the ride is that it’s a simulator and I don’t see any way they can fix it beyond being ok and still use the same ride system.

Like I said the other day, the timing of this couldn’t have been better. Just as development is in full swing for the new park, the chances of a repeat of this happening again any time soon is slim to none.
I agree. The best they can do is make it OK AKA average. But that would be much better from where it presently stands. A major IP that has a huge physical footprint is something that has to greatly concern Universal.

Just got another confirmation from a major Universal Insider that some changes are being 'considered'. More along the line of fixing issues with the two major negative aspects of the attraction , than an entire revamp.
So the 360 scene, the lack of a proper finale, and/or the musion scene.

I’m all for this! Purely average means I’ll actually ride it when I visit.

Reactions: therock and Mad Dog
So the 360 scene, the lack of a proper finale, and/or the musion scene.

I’m all for this! Purely average means I’ll actually ride it when I visit.
don't know about the empty finale room, but yes, you got the other two. 'Specifics' of this sound decent if true. ....still just under'consideration'. No approval yet.

Reactions: WAJAS
Cutting 3D was a huge mistake. Namely cause now Vin Diesel looks 20 feet tall when he’s supposed to appear closer to us.
yes, cutting 3D was a mistake. That was a knee jerk reaction to GSAT's complaining about too many 3D attractions, and UC wanting to cut costs on an attraction they guessed was doomed. . In this case they would have been better off with 3D;):), which 'may' be in the works after all. Better resolution tech CGI, 3D, and new musion scenes could sure help to fix this. Though I think it needs a closure scene in that end empty room like Kong has.

yes, cutting 3D was a mistake. That was a knee jerk reaction to GSAT's complaining about too many 3D attractions, and UC wanting to cut costs on an attraction they guessed was doomed. . In this case they would have been better off with 3D;):), which 'may' be in the works after all. Better resolution tech CGI, 3D, and new musion scenes could sure help to fix this. Though I think it needs a closure scene in that end empty room like Kong has.
Don’t make the giant Vin Diesel AA head angry.

Reactions: truejonas
Just got another confirmation from a major Universal Insider that some changes are being 'considered'. More along the line of fixing issues with the two major negative aspects of the attraction , than an entire revamp.
#1 Fire the team/person who ok'd this (it's that bad)
#2 Re-write/reshoot the musion scene to be more action packed
#3 Add 3-D (Never thought I'd say this)....It appears the infastructure is already in place

#1 Fire the team/person who ok'd this (it's that bad)
#2 Re-write/reshoot the musion scene to be more action packed
#3 Add 3-D (Never thought I'd say this)....It appears the infastructure is already in place
#1 You sound like me :lol: supposedly it was pushed by the film division people, not UC though....Hopefully good bye to that whole party scene plot and the boring pre shows...now keep our fingers crossed that they can find the money.....maybe split costs with Beijing. No way they can put that in it's present form in that new park...... possibility of 3D with new CG in 8K sounds good to me. Yes, it needs 3D like Kong needs 3D. Took my glasses off for Kong once and the film suffered greatly...... But, to reiterate, no word that any of these rumors will be approved.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who didn't hate the preshows? I mean sure, having a Ludacris look alike instead of the TVs would've been better but I didn't think it was that bad or forced, maybe I just got lucky with the cast member I had.

As far as changes go, I'd love to see them give us a reason to stay in the alley way with the revving cars a little longer, maybe we're supposed to meet someone there but a shootout starts or something? It'd require some storyline changes since we don't find out Shaw is after us until the musion scene but I think that might be a smaller change I'd like to see.

Reactions: tankart150
The problem with the pre shows is that they can really be terrible if you get a cast member who thinks he's the show, and overacts in a corny way. The CM's that are more subtle seem to be better. That said, the way they merge the lines, along with the 2 pre shows makes for a long wait even if you have Express. The time I did single line was actually my best experience since I was able to skip the pre shows....And, if they cut manning the pre shows, that's all that more budget available if they decide to try to fix the ride experience. The queue is pretty decent on it's own. Most people seem to enjoy it up to the pre show point.

Reactions: tankart150