Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Hadn't thought of that. But you're right. We'll see "New Star Wars land a huge letdown" with a pic of Star Tours. But, hey, at least it has episode VI theming.
Due to potential capacity issues, I'm guessing it still has a minimum 2 year life. It's actually a pretty decent attraction, especially with the radomization. And, like you said, it has a setting more familiar with the older Star Wars demographic. But I'd guess it will be converted into something else once the newness of GESWL rubs off a tad.

I would think they'd want to close down Star Tours as GE opens. I'd think that Star Tours detracts from the idea of the new land. If they hype SWGE and all people get to see is this old simulator ride with it's small surrounding scenery, they'll have a negative impression of this multi-billion dollar land if they never get in (which I could see happening).
In Disneyland maybe they could get away with shutting it down, but not in a park that’s already suffering from a lack of things to do. They need as much capacity as possible for now.

Due to potential capacity issues, I'm guessing it still has a minimum 2 year life. It's actually a pretty decent attraction, especially with the radomization. And, like you said, it has a setting more familiar with the older Star Wars demographic. But I'd guess it will be converted into something else once the newness of GESWL rubs off a tad.
My money is going to continue to be on either Incredibles or Big Hero 6 as a replacement IP.

Last edited:
In Disneyland maybe they could get away with shutting it down, but not in a park that’s already suffering from a lack of things to do. They need as much capacity as possible for now.

My money is going to continue to be on either Incredibles or Big Hero 6 as a replacement IP.
I still want it to be a Zootopia City Bus driven by Flash the Sloth from the DMV.

Big Hero 6 would make the most sense, with Incredicoaster over in DCA now.

It fits both Tomorrowland and Hollywood about as well as any modern IP could, and they could move the Baymax meet and greet over and watch the plush fly off the shelves.

I think a big hero 6 coaster has a ton of potential.

Cast wardrobe revealed:

"Village" CM costumes:
star-wars-galaxys-edge-villiage-2-1004x1024.jpg

Smuggler's Run:
star-wars-galaxys-edge-smugglers-run-3-1004x1024.jpg

Rise of the Resistance:
star-wars-galaxys-edge-rise-of-the-resistance-1-1004x1024.jpg

BREAKING: Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Cast Member Costumes Revealed - Blog Mickey