Disney Springs Discussion | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ron Jon Surf Shop is opening a 10,000 square foot store in Disney Springs to open in Late 2019. It will open in the Town Center section. I think the only place left that it could possibly go is where the Disney Corner/Kingdom Hearts Experience was... which is right on the corner near the escalators from the garage, with The Polite Pig across from it in one direction and Under Armour in the other.

Location in question:
fullsizeoutput_3794.jpeg

I thought this was an interesting comment Ron Jon made about why they are opening at DS:
According to Debbie Harvey, president and COO of Ron Jon Surf Shop, the company selected Disney Springs as a location for its new store because of the shopping destination’s immense popularity with visitors as well as locals in the Orlando market, many of whom are familiar with the Ron Jon brand.

Ron Jon Surf Shop Coming to Disney Springs Town Center - Blog Mickey

That’s interesting. Ron Jon’s doesn’t seem high-end enough for Disney Springs.

Also, isn’t there a Ron Jon at CityWalk? I wonder if it’ll shut down there. Universal desperately needs to scrap all the CityWalk retail and start fresh, so I’m okay with them getting rid of it.

That’s interesting. Ron Jon’s doesn’t seem high-end enough for Disney Springs.

Also, isn’t there a Ron Jon at CityWalk? I wonder if it’ll shut down there. Universal desperately needs to scrap all the CityWalk retail and start fresh, so I’m okay with them getting rid of it.
I mean, there's a Harley-Davidson store in the Town Center not too far away from where i'm assuming this will go so I really don't think it's about being fully upscale. Disney Springs would fail if the entire place was upscale. It has to be diverse enough to where there's something for everyone. I'm still waiting for a tech store to come to DS.

Also, no, Ron Jon does not have a location at City Walk. The Surf Shop you're thinking of is Quiet Flight.

I mean, there's a Harley-Davidson store in the Town Center not too far away from where i'm assuming this will go so I really don't think it's about being fully upscale. Disney Springs would fail if the entire place was upscale. It has to be diverse enough to where there's something for everyone. I'm still waiting for a tech store to come to DS.

Also, no, Ron Jon does not have a location at City Walk. The Surf Shop you're thinking of is Quiet Flight.
Wasn't there supposed to be an Apple store that fell through?

Wasn't there supposed to be an Apple store that fell through?
Supposedly Apple was earmarked for either the spot that this Ron Jon will be going in or over where they built the new Wolfgang restaurant. Disney offered both as potential spots to them based on what they had available, but they never came to a deal.

I’m amazed there’s not an Apple store.
There’s literally no room for the time being either now that all spaces have tenants... Unless they were to put offer them the prime real estate on the West Side that the Harley-Davidson building used to take up (but that currently houses a successful Disney shop).

Reactions: SeventyOne
I mean, there's a Harley-Davidson store in the Town Center not too far away from where i'm assuming this will go so I really don't think it's about being fully upscale.

To be fair, while I wouldn't call HD "upscale", their motorcycles and gear are incredibly expensive. As in, insane expensive. It's not like poor people are walking into the Harley Stores...

Harley definitely has some upscale merch, and not just the bikes. They sell lifestyle, just like Disney and Apple do.
I know, that’s what the HD store at DS is. They don’t sell bikes, just leather jackets and the like. Most of it isn’t my cup of tea, but like I said, that’s a good thing. Disney Springs is trying to make sure they have a little something for everyone. So while I may not care for it, there’s an audience out there that does.

I don't consider Ron Jon particularly downscale. Should do good business: tropical clothing, swimsuits aimed at women under 45 (what happened Everything But Water? I remember when your sales girls had to wear teeny bikinis!), sunglasses, and tons of affordable Florida souvenirs.

Reactions: Nick and Mad Dog
I don't consider Ron Jon particularly downscale. Should do good business: tropical clothing, swimsuits aimed at women under 45 (what happened Everything But Water? I remember when your sales girls had to wear teeny bikinis!), sunglasses, and tons of affordable Florida souvenirs.
Thumbs up for Teeny Bikinis. The good old days. :thumbsup: :whoo: