Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It definitely subverts a couple of boxes by triple checking others.

Judging by recent years the formula seems to be:

- Big Modern TV IP
- Classic Horror Movie
- Popular Movie IP
- Cult Classic
- Synergy House for Universal IPs

Last year this was ST, Poltergeist, H4 implied marketing H2018, TrT, and Blumhouse.

The Fox hint seems to alude that’s it is or was a TV show, is a classic or is modern, and likely has a movie. Twin Peaks and X Files fits the bill, Doctor Who does as well but that wouldn’t happen; but what if it could be Twilight Zone? I’d hope it wouldn’t be because I’d rather Twin Peaks but there is a reboot coming out.

Judging by recent years the formula seems to be:

- Big Modern TV IP
- Classic Horror Movie
- Popular Movie IP
- Cult Classic
- Synergy House for Universal IPs

Last year this was ST, Poltergeist, H4 implied marketing H2018, TrT, and Blumhouse.

The Fox hint seems to alude that’s it is or was a TV show, is a classic or is modern, and likely has a movie. Twin Peaks and X Files fits the bill, Doctor Who does as well but that wouldn’t happen; but what if it could be Twilight Zone? I’d hope it wouldn’t be because I’d rather Twin Peaks but there is a reboot coming out.
Twilight Zone was rumored over in Hollywood

Reactions: horrornights789
If you didn't know that tidbit of back story, would you get the sense it was set in the 80s?

Decades/eras have specific looks. You can glance at most things from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s and tell the difference. It's in clothes. It's in furniture. It's in music. It's in the look and feel. To do that though, the era has to be baked into the design from the very beginning. If the only way you know the time period is a throwaway line, then it was never designed to be during that period or it's just a poorly designed piece of art.

Point being- the 80s aspect was something that just kinda happened that A&D and Marketing decided to lean into. It wasn't a "theme." This year definitely won't have a theme tied to an era .

Agreed. Just pointing it out.

Hi another newbie ticket buying question, sorry for flooding the forum but I’m a bit confused as to how things work. But for people who have purchased the hotel and ticket package, do you recommend it, or just getting an Airbnb with separate tickets? It seems like a good deal until I see it says per person per night. Hypothetically it says I’ll be paying 145, but is that for the whole 4 days or 145 a night for 4 days?

So it seems to me that this surprise IP is extremely popular but exceeds @Legacy ‘s expectations regarding the negotiating capabilities and design techniques of Universal historically. Also think he indicated that it is not at all a family friendly property, but correct me if I’m wrong.

Hi another newbie ticket buying question, sorry for flooding the forum but I’m a bit confused as to how things work. But for people who have purchased the hotel and ticket package, do you recommend it, or just getting an Airbnb with separate tickets? It seems like a good deal until I see it says per person per night. Hypothetically it says I’ll be paying 145, but is that for the whole 4 days or 145 a night for 4 days?

I personally prefer not being stuck in the "UOR ecosystem", and have been staying off-site for the last 5yrs.

Be warned, you will probably need to get transportation (maybe rent a car), and getting home won't be as simple as wandering back to your hotel. But, I think the freedom to see more of Orlando than just Universal is worth it.

Plus, you can get more room for your money nightly off-site.

Reactions: Guygas
I personally prefer not being stuck in the "UOR ecosystem", and have been staying off-site for the last 5yrs.

Be warned, you will probably need to get transportation (maybe rent a car), and getting home won't be as simple as wandering back to your hotel. But, I think the freedom to see more of Orlando than just Universal is worth it.

Plus, you can get more room for your money nightly off-site.
My friends and I priced out just about every option we could think. For us, staying offsite worked best financially. Especially with getting express. We have never needed transportation. Stayed at the Holiday Inn on Kirkland as well as in AirBnBs nearby. All within a 20 minute walk to the park gates. The number of nearby AirBnB options has risen.

I would love to experience staying in park — but it has just never been financially feasible, especially when I’d rather spend money on express, etc.

So I know this is early so I am asking for answers maybe based on previous years, but is the last sunday as busy as the last saturday?

I have been the past two years on the last day, but this time I wont be able to fly in for that so Im debating whether to go the last sunday or try to go in september (sunday). Can't do any of the other October weekends since there is a lot of activity here in Austin that month

First time commenting on a HHN thread after lurking here for like 3 years lol

upload_2019-2-21_16-2-59.jpeg

I understand this may be slightly out of place in this chat... but this has been bugging me :lol: I’m quite familiar with the Poltergeist movie but I don’t recognize this charscter from the film... Was it just a creative character addition by A&D ??

View attachment 8987

I understand this may be slightly out of place in this chat... but this has been bugging me :lol: I’m quite familiar with the Poltergeist movie but I don’t recognize this charscter from the film... Was it just a creative character addition by A&D ??
it´s supposed to be one of the many bodies popping out of the coffins in the kitchen.

If you don't mind spending at little on yourself then consider booking onsite at one of the cheaper hotels Sapphire/Cabana/Aventura and one of the FFP/multi day options. That's what I do for the best experience IMO. I don't get any hotel packages because I don't think there's any option for a hotel/multi day + Express option.

Some advantages staying onsite are:
All 3 are walking distance to Volcano Bay if that's on your agenda.
Sapphire has a nice boat you can take to and from the parks that's very relaxing.(Especially after a long day!)
All 3 have decent restaurants/breakfast options.

Bottom line: If you plan on going multiple days to HHN I think it will always be cheaper buying FF/Multi day tickets and your hotel separate whether its onsite/offsite.

My friends and I priced out just about every option we could think. For us, staying offsite worked best financially. Especially with getting express. We have never needed transportation. Stayed at the Holiday Inn on Kirkland as well as in AirBnBs nearby. All within a 20 minute walk to the park gates. The number of nearby AirBnB options has risen.

I would love to experience staying in park — but it has just never been financially feasible, especially when I’d rather spend money on express, etc.

Staying on-site is certainly something worth trying. A good way to test it out is find an "off time" with annual pass holders discount, get the discount, and see what you think.

Even during light crowds the all the time express pass has its benefit- there's something to be said with riding everything in IOA before 1 pm due to express, some things twice or three times, hitting the pool, and then dining at city walk for a leisurely evening.

Plus, we would never ride the water rides if we couldn't walk back and change. If you don't ride popeye's because you have to drive home, it's worth staying onsite just for that (once at least). We rode it 12 times in a row last trip, thanks to express.

I never tire of watching people get on with nice clothes and watches, buckle in, then notice our completely soaked family and start to panic.

Reactions: youhow2 and Guygas
It’s not confirmed to even show up yet but if Hill House comes I wonder if they’ll reuse the Poltergeist facade design. Hill House is HUGE and would be really hard to build to full scale even if they put it in SS25. They could also start off in the funeral home but Hill House is more recognizable

Reactions: Chrisplombardo
It’s not confirmed to even show up yet but if Hill House comes I wonder if they’ll reuse the Poltergeist facade design. Hill House is HUGE and would be really hard to build to full scale even if they put it in SS25. They could also start off in the funeral home but Hill House is more recognizable

Uni won't reuse any facades that are recognizable, props definitely however.