Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Care of Magical Creatures” is the class Hagrid teaches at Hogwarts. I feel like including “coaster” tells you more about the ride than “motorbike adventure.”

Excluding the word coaster is probably because of J.K. Rowling. Roller coasters don't exist in that part of the world. The same reason why Gringotts and Flight of the Hippogriff don't have coaster in the name.

I've just realised that once this opens, 60% of the rides in WWOHP will be coasters.

Excluding the word coaster is probably because of J.K. Rowling. Roller coasters don't exist in that part of the world. The same reason why Gringotts and Flight of the Hippogriff don't have coaster in the name.

I've just realised that once this opens, 60% of the rides in WWOHP will be coasters.
Makes sense! Then I wish they would’ve just left out “Magical Creatures.” It’s such a mouthful.

It's a flying motorbike. Why would Hogwarts/Hogsmeade have a roller coaster?
Why is there an Ollivander’s in Hogsmeade? Why is Hogsmeade so close to Hogwarts? Why is there a giant building protruding behind Hogwarts? Why is there a junior roller coaster in front of Hogwarts? Why isn’t the castle and queue set up like it is in the books and movies? Why is Harry not playing seeker for Gryffindor in the Quidditch match on FJ? I don’t see a huge issue with acknowledging that you’re in a theme park version of Harry Potter and are going to be riding a rollercoaster. You can literally see the track. Lol

Last edited:
Probably less time, since more than one train can be rolling through load at the same time.

It may take 1 train that long to make the whole journey through load, but since another one could also be right behind it, they could theoretically launch one every 20-something seconds.

I imagine there may be holding or spacing done to keep the trains from launching too close together though. So all we could probably guess is that dispatch times are somewhere between 20 and 42 seconds — of course that’s if everyone can get in and get lap bars lowered/checked in time), if the spacing on the ride allows for dispatches that quickly to even be safe.

Again, not really my area of expertise, just thinking out loud based on rumors I’ve heard about load.

If they can launch a train ever 22 seconds that should get them close to 2,100 pph.

I realised this last week. I was just sitting looking at an online map and thought "This entire land is almost all coasters"lol

Question. Is this the "Forbidden Forrest" everyone wanted? Or is this Hagrids ride geared towards something different? (Unfamiliar with Harry Potter)

Why is there an Ollivander’s in Hogsmeade? Why is Hogsmeade so close to Hogwarts? Why is there a giant building protruding behind Hogwarts? Why is there a junior roller coaster in front of Hogwarts? Why isn’t the castle and queue set up like it’s supposed to be? Why is Harry not playing seeker in the Quidditch match on FJ? I don’t see a huge issue with acknowledging that you’re in a theme park version of Harry Potter and are going to be riding a rollercoaster. You can literally see the track. Lol
Thank you for using logic. While most people accept that it's all part of the theme park experience, there are others than just can't. They're an extreme minority, thankfully.

I'm pumped that they decided to finally let the cat out of the bag, but we definitely all should agree on the unofficial acronym now, because I ain't typing HMCMA every time :lol:

Thank you for using logic. While most people accept that it's all part of the theme park experience, there are others than just can't. They're an extreme minority, thankfully.

I'm pumped that they decided to finally let the cat out of the bag, but we definitely all should agree on the unofficial acronym now, because I ain't typing HMCMA every time :lol:

Well logically I accept it's a themepark but understand why calling it a coaster doesn't fit the theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.