Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 505 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the most important thing is that your train arrives empty — really giving the feeling of being on a unique journey into the unknown. The difference between this and seeing the previous group of guests get up and leave before you board is so huge but people don’t talk about it much. Probably the one thing I’d change about Gringotts.

That really is one of the best feelings. Glad someone else gets it too.

Yes...I too prefer a separate unload/load. When I was little I used to pretend the previous guests disappeared into the ride. There is something about walking onto a moving platform to get on a ride vehicle that is exciting and nostalgic. Mainly because a lot of the classic disney rides were boarded this way.

So does that mean one train launches every 42 seconds?
Probably less time, since more than one train can be rolling through load at the same time.

It may take 1 train that long to make the whole journey through load, but since another one could also be right behind it, they could theoretically launch one every 20-something seconds.

I imagine there may be holding or spacing done to keep the trains from launching too close together though. So all we could probably guess is that dispatch times are somewhere between 20 and 42 seconds — of course that’s if everyone can get in and get lap bars lowered/checked in time), if the spacing on the ride allows for dispatches that quickly to even be safe.

Again, not really my area of expertise, just thinking out loud based on rumors I’ve heard about load.

Probably less time, since more than one train can be rolling through load at the same time.

It may take 1 train that long to make the whole journey through load, but since another one could also be right behind it, they could theoretically launch one every 20-something seconds.

I imagine there may be holding or spacing done to keep the trains from launching too close together though. So all we could probably guess is that dispatch times are somewhere between 20 and 42 seconds — of course that’s if everyone can get in and get lap bars lowered/checked in time), if the spacing on the ride allows for dispatches that quickly to even be safe.

Again, not really my area of expertise, just thinking out loud based on rumors I’ve heard about load.

Considering this will probably be the most popular attraction at the resort, I expect Uni to have enough TMs at the load station to make sure the loading process is smooth. Unlike Rockit, you don't have to wait for people to get out of the train and then load.

The common short name for this is going to wind up being either "The Hagrid Coaster" or straight up "Hagrid's". I.e. The line for "Hagrid's" is 3 hours long.

Tossing it in my head for a bit I think it’ll be “Motorbike coaster”. The bike is iconic in the films and is the second thing after the owls to be shown as magical in Sorcerers Stone.

Universal has a good track record of designing their newer attractions with high rider capacity. I don't understand why so many on social media are questioning whether this ride will have high capacity, and doubting the ability of the ride to deliver on that point. Universal has continually delivered when it comes to that aspect. And the continuous loading has been talked about on this thread for the past year.

Since its a belt the train will prob never stop with conveyer belt to help load, it be a case of get on belt into seat, lapbars down and then it suddenly accelerate.
Limited mobility, people having issue will prob be solved by each ride op on the station having a button, if its pressed the chain stops so they can sort the issue. also for whatever reason all the bars are not locked down it will e stop. i wouldn't be surprised if it be like forbidden journey where the bottle neck in the queue is more a locker scenario rather than loading itself.

Still glad its a high capacity ride, the philosophy of high capacity thrilling rides is the correct one

Reactions: HPFred
Since its a belt the train will prob never stop with conveyer belt to help load, it be a case of get on belt into seat, lapbars down and then it suddenly accelerate.
Limited mobility, people having issue will prob be solved by each ride op on the station having a button, if its pressed the chain stops so they can sort the issue. also for whatever reason all the bars are not locked down it will e stop. i wouldn't be surprised if it be like forbidden journey where the bottle neck in the queue is more a locker scenario rather than loading itself.

Still glad its a high capacity ride, the philosophy of high capacity thrilling rides is the correct one

I think they’re keeping the lockers where they are, in the train station.

Reactions: HPFred and Alicia
Hope it gets expanded
Without having to empty all pockets anymore like Dragon Challenge, only bags and loose articles now (most likely), I don’t think it needs to be expanded.

If there were still metal detectors then yes for sure. That was never enough.

Reactions: HPFred
Theres no way 12 trains? Even 10. They're not that small lol

With all the launches, the two section station, and parallel show scenes, if you count through, 12 is not a crazy number. Universal is clearly swinging for the fences for this one. It's full on E ticket, and could easily be better than one of the SWGE rides, likely SR.

Night rides through the, hopefully very darkedned, woods could be absolutely amazing.

With all the launches, the two section station, and parallel show scenes, if you count through, 12 is not a crazy number. Universal is clearly swinging for the fences for this one. It's full on E ticket, and could easily be better than one of the SWGE rides, likely SR.

Night rides through the, hopefully very darkedned, woods could be absolutely amazing.
I just have to see it to believe 12 7 car trains in operation. And yes this all physical attraction could likely beat both of those swge simulators. Not knocking simulators because i love them. Plus at night if there's headlights i think that would just be stunning!

I just have to see it to believe 12 7 car trains in operation. And yes this all physical attraction could likely beat both of those swge simulators. Not knocking simulators because i love them. Plus at night if there's headlights i think that would just be stunning!

Maverick can run eight trains I believe but usually "only" runs seven. Ten isn't out of the realm of possibility with a larger load station, longer ride, and dual drop segments.

Yea, the number of seats per train was the only real info I’ve had on that front.

Clearly they’ve done a lot to get capacity up though. Moving load platform, lots of space between unload and load for trains in holding, A/B switch for drop track, limited scene stops, and a massive maintenance building with a lot of tracks.

I don’t know how many trains will be out at once, but it seems like it could certainly be a lot. I’m not usually good at this type of thing, but I suppose I could see 8-10 on the track at once. 1 at unload, 2 in waiting, 2 in load, and the rest split out every 3 scenes apart or so.

Not having a brake on the spike will probably increase throughput as I think that will probably be the biggest bottle neck in the whole ride.

Reactions: truejonas
Status
Not open for further replies.