Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How to Train your Dragon: The Hidden World

We saw it last night and loved it (the first one is one of my favorite movies). I agree that the animation was beautiful. The ending was perfect. And......Hiccup was my first animated character crush. I loved watching every minute he was on screen.

We are hoping to do the HTTYD photo op (near Animal Actors at USF) next week. Looks pretty cool! It will be available until March 12th.

Pretty much a perfect opening for the Universal era of DreamWorks movies.

I would not be surprised at all if we see eventually see more of HTTYD (set in the future covering a later generation of characters) in the distant future.

Probably not since all the crew and the cast (most the movie cast also did the voices on the 3 TV series) have stated they are done. Dreamworks also has to start developing the new series from the author of the HTTYD series "Wizard of Once" before their option of the novels expire.

Probably not since all the crew and the cast (most the movie cast also did the voices on the 3 TV series) have stated they are done. Dreamworks also has to start developing the new series from the author of the HTTYD series "Wizard of Once" before their option of the novels expire.
Yeah I mean if HTTYD comes back it'd be way off covering the next generation of characters with a new set of actors probably; in like 9-10 years or something like that when nostalgia would kick in (similar to Toy Story 4 coming out this year).

DreamWorks has a ton of on-going franchises and optioned novels on their plate at the moment, and their release schedule is more or less going to be full until 2023 once they add Shrek reboot (Meledandri is working on the story but I expect DW to handle the animation/production) and Kung Fu Panda 4/reboot to their list.

I don't pay much attention to opening projections anymore. Lego Movie 2 was supposed to open with $55 million, but only nabbed $34 million, which was a huge drop off from the original. With how many animated movies have been underperforming recently, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened to this as well.