Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Netflix's 'Haunting of Hill House' surging in popularity with viewers
Eh... I don't know about that. I get what you mean but it's pretty popular so I would guess that people would know the name and it would a decent amount of attention.

Stand corrected.

I know that among my horror friends I would put Hill House behind, AHS, TWD, FTWD and Castle Rock in terms of show recognition. I am a bit older then the target audience for HHN so maybe me and my friends are the past.

Stand corrected.

I know that among my horror friends I would put Hill House behind, AHS, TWD, FTWD and Castle Rock in terms of show recognition. I am a bit older then the target audience for HHN so maybe me and my friends are the past.
Yeah but that's just your friends. I know some of my friends have actually never even heard of Castle Rock until I brought it up. For the GP obviously 99% of them have seen Stranger Things and love it so they will hit that first.

And then if you think about it of the 5 mazes we know thus far there isn't really any of them they can heavily promote and of the possibly 4 we don't know I think there's probably only 1 that they will heavily promote. So ST, ???, and Hill House as it is one of Netflix's Hottest shows and they are doing a Second Season.

I do have faith in that it will be one of the more popular mazes this year.

Blumhouse might actually be a headliner if they’re able to get a hot property like Us in there or if Ma ends up a hit. Suspiria isn’t really something that’s all that marketable even if they pulled an H4, but even then the remake wasn’t as huge as Halloween’s requel.

So it seems the IP’s so far are:
- Hill House
- Stranger Things 2
- Suspiria
- Blumhouse(likely with HDD)
- ?

Whatever ? is is probably gonna be something really marketable. Maybe Chucky?

So it seems the IP’s so far are:
- Hill House
- Stranger Things 2
- Suspiria
- Blumhouse(likely with HDD)
- ?

Whatever ? is is probably gonna be something really marketable. Maybe Chucky?
You are forgetting Monsters Part 2 and Holidayz (Although Holidayz isn't a IP).

I was just thinking about this today and how it could some type of Classic Property that's really hard to do in the vein of Exorcist and Shining.

Maybe Silence of the Lambs? He did try to do it back in 2015 I believe but they didn't because the show was done.

Last edited:
You are forgetting Monsters Part 2 and Holidayz (Although Holidayz isn't a IP).

I was just thinking about this today and how it could some type of Classic Property that's really hard to do in the vein of Exorcist and Shining.

Maybe Silence of the Lambs? He did try to do it back in 2015 I believe but they didn't because the show was done.

If they used the poster image (moth on mouth), made the announcement video a collection of news reports about Buffalo Bill's victims, shot of the cells just before reaching Hannibal--think the marketing for Shining. Anthony Hopkins and Jack Nicholson are pretty much on the same level of status, so I think they could probably feature his likeness in the house, so long as he's not on the marketing.

And at this point, Hill House has to be at least as well-known to the GP as Poltergeist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaden and HHNManics
If they used the poster image (moth on mouth), made the announcement video a collection of news reports about Buffalo Bill's victims, shot of the cells just before reaching Hannibal--think the marketing for Shining. Anthony Hopkins and Jack Nicholson are pretty much on the same level of status, so I think they could probably feature his likeness in the house, so long as he's not on the marketing.
Pretty much a Jack Nicholson situation where they wouldn't feature him in marketing but feature him in the maze. But I still think Silence of the Lambs fits the bill for something like extremely difficult.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Pretty much a Jack Nicholson situation where they wouldn't feature him in marketing but feature him in the maze. But I still think Silence of the Lambs fits the bill for something like extremely difficult.

It does. Bright side is it’s as marketable as Exorcist or Shining so they have a headliner; Buffalo Bill’s House could carry the maze if they needed to

So based on the speculative IP's that we're combining for our rumored line-up, the only maze based off IP's that are from this year are whatever are in HoB Chapter 3 (e.g. HDD2u, maybe Us and/or Ma depending on Murdy). Given that this year seems like a year full of very promising horror movies that are all unfortunately being released by studios that I know won't let USH use their IPs, I hope the design and execution of this year's mazes will drive this year forward.

It's a possibility. Murdy has been num on a LOT of questions asking him about working with Zombie + if he'd ever do any of Zombie's mazes again.

If Rob Zombie does come I’d really hope they make it a 2017 SAW style maze. Mostly HotC, bit of Devils Rejects, and 1 scene from the movie they’d promote

Reactions: chris.g
Keep in Mind HOTC's first incarnation at HHN was in 3D.. Murdy has said he's probably done taking a break from it for a while...

Keep in Mind HOTC's first incarnation at HHN was in 3D.. Murdy has said he's probably done taking a break from it for a while...
the first incarniation of hotc's was actually in 1999, with "the thrilling chilling world of rob zombie". hotc's was originally going to be produced by universal, but when they saw the final cut of the film, they backed away from it due to it being to gory back then. they already built the maze before they pulled out, so they just renamed it.

I’ve gotta ask: has anyone requested Murdy a Momo maze? I’m impressed no one has asked that yet. Maybe the GP is getting slightly smarter. lol
while it'll never happen due to the "challenge", i wouldn't mind a creature in a scare zone that'll look similar to momo to appear. the design of it is actually creepy and has tons of uncanny valley vibes.