Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 230 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Heading to Orlando in mid August. Is it worth it to schedule a day at Hollywood Studios in hopes there’s soft openings? Or not worth the gamble? I still haven’t been to Toy Story Land but would rather wait and do them both in the same trip. Otherwise it’s 2020 at the earliest
On MiceChat, a poster read a reply from Disney when he emailed them asking if there would be softs for GESWL in Disneyland. The reply from Disney stated there would not be any previews for the 'general public'. Guessing that would be the same for DHS.

On MiceChat, a poster read a reply from Disney when he emailed them asking if there would be softs for GESWL in Disneyland. The reply from Disney stated there would not be any previews for the 'general public'. Guessing that would be the same for DHS.
‘General public’ could infer paid previews, however.

Yea, these dates are essentially the soft openings. Very public soft openings.

With RoTR not being initially operating, this sounds like a disastrous strategy. Imagine diehard SW fans going to DHS Aug/Sept and no new SW rides are operational. Yikes.

Paid previews would be a harder sell for only 1 out of 2 rides. Also the pathways and landscaping are probably the very last thing to be finalized for any sort of softs to happen.

rastuso said:
So, now there are rumors Smugglers Run won't open with the land in DL?

From who? You?

Disney is not going to open this land with a ride not open/working. The bad press from that would do FAR more harm than good. If word of mouth for the land turns negative quickly, that could severely harm Disney's earnings estimates if people decide to skip out because they heard bad things.

Disney will make sure the rides in this land are running pretty reliably before they open.

Guess Facebook isn't such a crazy source. Although they did get the ride wrong.

I sure took a lot of crap for my post

I recall that rumor was floating around about six months ago. Wrong ride, but right idea of one of the two rides having 'issues'. Pretty sure some people on Magic were floating that too.

Huh ??? Smugglers Run is opening with the park so no new rides is not true.

Maybe I wasn’t clear: it seems like a bad strategy not to have soft openings because soft opening are used to help identify issues before an attraction opens. Especially since the land’s other highly anticipated attraction won’t be operational until a few months later.

I think they'll get a lot of locals checking it out early, and then wait a little bit before returning when the other ride opens. So, that could help.

Does anyone know for certain if Rise will NOT be open for Orlando initially as well, or only Anaheim? There seems to be some confusion on the internet about that.

AP locals will be blacked out I'm sure.

I find the lack of any discernible news on Mickey a bit worrying as well

I think it would be so stupid to open Mickey in the middle of SWGE Insanity. The ride probably cost $200MM, or more with Disney. That money would get essentially no ROC if it justs blips open under SWGE.

Bet hotel reservations were really bad at WDW for them to kick charge this opening.

This can't have been planned for long, or there is no way they would have had Free Dining for the first month of SWGE.

While ROTR won't be open at the start, i'm still impressed with how early they are getting this land (partially) open by considering we were at one point doubting if they could even finish it by the end of this year. I'll definitely only be headed out to check out the land now only to hang out and look at the land for a bit, though. Or if I magically land a Smuggler's Run FP. My interest main lies within ROTR and with only one ride at opening, I can't even imagine what the lines will be for Smuggler's Run.

Maybe this is why Mario World was delayed, Disney stole Universal's fast construction workers.

That's not how people think. They'll see how pretty the land is, see the lightsaber experience (w/o knowing prices), see the F&B locations, etc and be interested. The last thing people look at in vlogger/PR videos is how long the line. A lot due to it not being highlighted. If you want to stay in good standing with Disney, you don't criticize. So people might say, "The line looks long, but there's plenty to see!". Nobody will say it's not worth it, which will be enough from your average TimTracker viewer or whoever's watching what.

The system works fine in MK. It sucks everywhere else because there isn't enough attractions. The system would work if the parks were built out more. The real problem is the parks don't have enough attractions in the system to choose from that allow for it to work as intended.

I've heard that stated before on here...

I do not agree with it working in MK. The problem is not the number of attractions, it’s the number of fastpasses. They overload the system, which makes standbys lines untenable for big attractions

THe problem is decades of unbridled visitor increases with hardly any ride capacity added at any of the 4 parks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Recent discussions on various MAGIC threads trending to sources saying ROR's testing has been unreliable for some time. Seems that there were discussions on whether to wait and open later until they fixed ROR issues, or just go ahead and open early. Fear of costly breakdowns with ROR and no real timetable for when it will become reliable....Of course, none of this is official, but they do have a few posters over there that usually have a pretty good handle on what's happening.

*faints*

(This is from DL)

Am I the only one who thinks its odd that even in this video it shows the "mom" in the last row grabbing the seat in front of her, and pulling herself to the side to see the screen?

I know it will be lost on most everyone, but it plays pretty much exactly to my fears of this ride.

What is the general consensus on Smuggler’s Run? Obviously it hasn’t opened yet, but do many fans consider it to be a true E-Ticket due to it’s simulator nature?

I’m just curious to see where it stands, considering it’s been dwarfed by RotR (and rightfully so), but when considered in its own context, is it a true signature attraction?

What is the general consensus on Smuggler’s Run? Obviously it hasn’t opened yet, but do many fans consider it to be a true E-Ticket due to it’s simulator nature?

I’m just curious to see where it stands, considering it’s been dwarfed by RotR (and rightfully so), but when considered in its own context, is it a true signature attraction?
I believe Disney has always represented both Smuggler's Run & ROR as E ticket attractions. MAGIC insiders say the same. I would imagine their budgets reflect that also.