Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 544 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Alicia. Shrieking Shack would not have fit the locate of the ride. If this ride is to be in and around the Forbidden Forrest, the Shrieking Shack would be out of place geographically (it's down by Hogsmeade).

hogwarts-map-cm.jpg
Weird. The movie makes it look like the Dementor’s kiss and Patronus happen at a random smaller lake inside the forest. I don’t recall seeing any part of the castle in that scene.

Sorry Alicia. Shrieking Shack would not have fit the locate of the ride. If this ride is to be in and around the Forbidden Forrest, the Shrieking Shack would be out of place geographically (it's down by Hogsmeade).

hogwarts-map-cm.jpg
In reality,the Shrieking Shack comments have been a long running inside joke. Posters kept asking Alicia about a Shrieking Shack, and she would pretend to flip out about it. And then we'd keep asking her again so she would do her pretend freak out. So, all that Shrieking Shack stuff has been done as a playful long running thread joke, not as a serious concept....But, I do love that map you posted. It's probably great to keep on file since it helps to clarify locations for just about everything important. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
In reality,the Shrieking Shack comments have been a long running inside joke. Posters kept asking Alicia about a Shrieking Shack, and she would pretend to flip out about it. And then we'd keep asking her again so she would do her pretend freak out. So, all that Shrieking Shack stuff has been done as a playful long running thread joke, not as a serious concept....But, I do love that map you posted. It's probably great to keep on file since it clarifies locations for just about everything important. :thumbsup:
Sure, pretend to freak out, surrrrre.

Weird. The movie makes it look like the Dementor’s kiss and Patronus happen at a random smaller lake inside the forest. I don’t recall seeing any part of the castle in that scene.

That's because you're right, that moment happened within the forest, not on the black lake. This map is at least partially inaccurate.

Reactions: HPFred
I was going to ask if a single rider line was expected for this, but I'm certain it is. I have yet to convince my thrill-avoiding fiancé to ride this, so hey, shorter wait times for me!

And as much as I hate to skip a lot of the queue story, there will be video footage online if I miss any of it. (I'd rather see it myself, but if it means a shorter wait for the main event, I'm willing to make that sacrifice until the crowds die down.)

Damn this ride/forbidden forest would look SO MUCH BETTER in California.

The Florida soil is not conducive to big, impressive towering pine trees like out West. Nothing looks "forbidden" about those trees.

1*rQ73ALJrun-RwfRClx1qow.jpeg

Most trees in Florida look wimpy & swampy.

Check out a forest in SoCal and notice the difference.

Satellite_379841599.jpg

Now compare it to the Forbidden Forest in Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix.
latest

Alas, USH will never get this attraction due to space limitations, but I have no doubt the Forbidden Forest would be a lot more impressive!

My god, the toxic fandom in this group is getting out of hand.

I was going to ask if a single rider line was expected for this, but I'm certain it is. I have yet to convince my thrill-avoiding fiancé to ride this, so hey, shorter wait times for me!

And as much as I hate to skip a lot of the queue story, there will be video footage online if I miss any of it. (I'd rather see it myself, but if it means a shorter wait for the main event, I'm willing to make that sacrifice until the crowds die down.)

I’m interested in the loading procedure for this. Will this load like HRRR and FJ? More like Gringotts?

I do not believe this attraction will have a Single Rider line. I could be mistaken, but all I've heard about is Standby and Express lines for it. I hope it does somehow though, but if it does it might be like Skull Island, where it routes you through the exit (and is barely ever open).

I’m interested in the loading procedure for this. Will this load like HRRR and FJ? More like Gringotts?

@Alicia seems big on it being almost an omnimover-style boarding technique, so I'd imagine it would be similar to FJ. They want butts in the seats and they want them in there as fast as possible.

Oh, do I love the single rider line in FJ for that reason.

EDIT (to respond to Alicia): Darn on there maybe not being one. Didn't know Kong had one though!

@Alicia seems big on it being almost an omnimover-style boarding technique, so I'd imagine it would be similar to FJ. They want butts in the seats and they want them in there as fast as possible.

Oh, do I love the single rider line in FJ for that reason.

EDIT (to respond to Alicia): Darn on there maybe not being one. Didn't know Kong had one though!
Kong *barely* has one. It is never open when I visit anymore.

And I think part of the issue here is that a lot of the existing infrastructure for the queue is being utilized. It's not a fresh build so they're kind of locked in on how to arrange the queue. Plus, they're making the queue even longer, so dedicating an area just for singles may not have been an option.

Who knows, maybe they'll figure out a way to squeeze it in, fingers crossed!

Kong *barely* has one. It is never open when I visit anymore.

And I think part of the issue here is that a lot of the existing infrastructure for the queue is being utilized. It's not a fresh build so they're kind of locked in on how to arrange the queue. Plus, they're making the queue even longer, so dedicating an area just for singles may not have been an option.

Who knows, maybe they'll figure out a way to squeeze it in, fingers crossed!

Is it still looking like the non-stop boarding station is in the plan? I could see them holding off on singles until they get the rhythm down, but I would imagine the train would be sent off with empty seats (which is a general no-no).

Is it still looking like the non-stop boarding station is in the plan? I could see them holding off on singles until they get the rhythm down, but I would imagine the train would be sent off with empty seats (which is a general no-no).
Yea, still moving platform as far as I've heard. With only two seats per row but 14 per train total, they're gonna be breaking up families a lot more than most other rides at the resort anyway, so maybe they won't need singles as much as FJ (which only has 4 seats total per RV).

I know when I wait in singles for Rockit is is the slowest singles line at the resort, and that's a very similar set up to what this will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.