Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

so slightly off topic, but I have a question about wait times at Sea World.

We are thinking of going Thanksgiving week. Tuesday the 20th to be exact.

I know typically this is a really busy week at Disney, but does Sea World see a large increase in crowds too?
What are the typical waits for the roller coasters?
Is it worth buying the "Express Pass"?

Also...my daughter is like 53 inches. So I'm hoping she grows an extra inch in a month, otherwise, I think we will wait until she's tall enough.
It's 54 and up right? Not above 54

If you stay at one of the partner hotels you can get a 1 time per ride QuickQue per day so if you checked in on Monday evening and the park was still open you could get a pass for Monday and one for Tuesday. The wait times can really be a roller coaster as they get inundated after shows let out. In my experience, they get crowded but not on the level of Disney or even Universal.

If you stay at one of the partner hotels you can get a 1 time per ride QuickQue per day so if you checked in on Monday evening and the park was still open you could get a pass for Monday and one for Tuesday. The wait times can really be a roller coaster as they get inundated after shows let out. In my experience, they get crowded but not on the level of Disney or even Universal.

We are only going for the day. So we won't be staying at a local hotel.

so slightly off topic, but I have a question about wait times at Sea World.

We are thinking of going Thanksgiving week. Tuesday the 20th to be exact.

I know typically this is a really busy week at Disney, but does Sea World see a large increase in crowds too?
What are the typical waits for the roller coasters?
Is it worth buying the "Express Pass"?

Also...my daughter is like 53 inches. So I'm hoping she grows an extra inch in a month, otherwise I think we will wait until she's tall enough.
It's 54 and up right? Not above 54

A good bit of local schools are all out that week. There will be an increase, but I don't think it would be so bad you would need Quick Queue. You can always buy those at the park if arrive and it's busier than you'd like of course. Infinity Falls and Empire Of The Penguin will likely have the longest lines, even on slower days.

Mako, Manta and Kraken all have 54" minimum height restrictions (so they have to be at least 54" tall).

Go on the rides when the big shows are happening and you should be fine. The lines only get very long between major shows.

but we want to see the shows too!! ha ha. I'm taking my 8 year old for the first time. So we are looking for the "whole" package.

I'm expecting to wait for Infinity Falls, I'm more concerned with being able to ride Mako multiple times.

Intamin takes on projects that others won't and also has some questionable design/fabrication that leads to many issues.

It is half-Intamin taking on poop that's never been done before, and half-whoopsie-doodles!

The fact is that they occupy this weird area of being completely unreliable and yet favored because their product, when it works, is very well received and there isn't anything they won't do. B&M is almost insanely competent but they play it rather safe. Many parks want to add something that you can't get anywhere else than just a solid coaster. Intamin takes that role when it's not RMC doing their thing more often than not.

And then you get to the fact that not many people make river rapids rides anymore. Intamin is the to-go for this kind of stuff, and considering that SeaWorld wanted to do something record-breaking... well...

It's actually scheduled. It's been on the website for several weeks. It's likely best they service it now before spring break crowds and then summer shortly after to do their best to make sure it's more reliable.

Rode it yesterday, don't think anything has changed. This ride will really be bad this summer though, queue line wise, as I noticed there are not many fans, so if it is a long wait, it will be a scorcher.