Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just a head's up for anyone planning to go to the park tomorrow. Infinity Falls will not be open. It went down today around 4pm for technical difficulties and never reopened. They've posted it on the park's Facebook, as seen below.
upload_2018-10-6_23-44-58.png

Reactions: Alicia
Just a head's up for anyone planning to go to the park tomorrow. Infinity Falls will not be open. It went down today around 4pm for technical difficulties and never reopened. They've posted it on the park's Facebook, as seen below.
View attachment 8075

Yuck... Have to hope that this doesn't become a theme for the ride and I'm only saying this because of the difficulties that the ride had before/during testing.

This makes me worried about the HP coaster. Universal better try to finish this ASAP, so that they can get the inevitable two month delay out of the way before the summer season.
Downtime for Potter is basically inevitable. It’s got close to 100 LSM fins (I think) and if a single one has an issue, the ride goes down. Plus all the other moving parts like the drop tracks and track switches, but I think those will be less of a problem.

Downtime for Potter is basically inevitable. It’s got close to 100 LSM fins (I think) and if a single one has an issue, the ride goes down. Plus all the other moving parts like the drop tracks and track switches, but I think those will be less of a problem.
I feel water rides are a bit more unpredictable by nature...Water and mechanics can be tricky

Still, if the Potter coaster has the same issue Cheetah Hunt did, we're in for problems

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Just out of curiosity since people like to judge Intamin and make fun of their record breaking rides needing some downtime at their release please enlighten the audience with the perfect ride builder that has never had technical issues man I need to know this company cause wow just wow. It’s not Dynamic, B&M, Vekoma, premier.

Seriously people a brand new record breaking ride has some issues upon opening “oh wow you don’t say”, how could they not have seen this coming with it being something never done before nor having been in operation for than a couple of weeks, “how could they have not known oh the horror.” Oh and take into account that they are one of the very few ride manufacturers who allow modifications to be performed to their rides after the fact.

So just remember it’s not only Intamin constructing the ride so may not always be their portion that caused the issue. In fact I say this is a positive for them as they have so much faith in their abilities and product that they don’t mind others adding to it where companines like B&M don’t want their rides touched and still get people stuck upside down for almost an hour(Flying Dinosaur) so just some food for thought, enjoy.