Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

Rode thrice Friday, it’s an average rapids ride. Better than BGT’s, but nothing at all special. It doesn’t get you very wet, it’s not very fast or thrilling (especially the drop), and it’s not much to look at (save for one or two cool sets).

Meh. It’s a good addition to SWO, but not a great one.

I'm worried about the low bridge you go under at the start. A random wave coming at the raft at the wrong time and you could get your head bonked. It looks like the ancient medallion design was already chipped away at to accommodate for heads going under, but with the 6' 5" height limit, looks like they're aware of the possibility of danger here.

I noticed they still have water level marks on the walls throughout the ride too, like they're still toying with the water levels. I dunno, could be something.

IMG_5846.JPG
InfinityFalls-lowbridge.jpg

I'm worried about the low bridge you go under at the start. A random wave coming at the raft at the wrong time and you could get your head bonked. It looks like the ancient medallion design was already chipped away at to accommodate for heads going under, but with the 6' 5" height limit, looks like they're aware of the possibility of danger here.

I noticed they still have water level marks on the walls throughout the ride too, like they're still toying with the water levels. I dunno, could be something.

View attachment 8076
View attachment 8077
I wonder if the waterfall thing is going to go away

Rode thrice Friday, it’s an average rapids ride. Better than BGT’s, but nothing at all special. It doesn’t get you very wet, it’s not very fast or thrilling (especially the drop), and it’s not much to look at (save for one or two cool sets).

Meh. It’s a good addition to SWO, but not a great one.
To be honest I think added to be equal with San Diego because it has Shipwreck rapids so Orlando needed one to.

Ya know, I think the best way to fix the “seclusion” feeling the new Passmember Lounge gives off would be to add skylights to both of the rooms.

I’m sure it’s a fun ride, but it doesn’t look nearly as thrilling as I was expecting. IOA still has my favorite rapid ride. How does it compare to that one?

I’m sure it’s a fun ride, but it doesn’t look nearly as thrilling as I was expecting. IOA still has my favorite rapid ride. How does it compare to that one?
I prefer Popeye by a pretty decent margin. Infinity Falls feels less out of control and aggresive than Popeye. It also wasn’t as wet for me which could be a positive or a negative depending on what you’re into. It’s still a great ride, but Popeye would be hard to beat.

I prefer Popeye by a pretty decent margin. Infinity Falls feels less out of control and aggresive than Popeye. It also wasn’t as wet for me which could be a positive or a negative depending on what you’re into. It’s still a great ride, but Popeye would be hard to beat.

Yeah, Popeye to me is just too much water. I love the rafting part but when they literally pour water on your head it's too much for me. That's one we let the kids ride over and over, on their own :)

I guess if I'm going to go on a rapids ride, I'm expecting to get wet. So when I don't, I'm kinda disappointed, even if I'm relieved.

I always liked how the Popeye ride had an actual "story". Something that's not found on the majority of these type of rides.

Just out of curiosity since people like to judge Intamin and make fun of their record breaking rides needing some downtime at their release please enlighten the audience with the perfect ride builder that has never had technical issues man I need to know this company cause wow just wow. It’s not Dynamic, B&M, Vekoma, premier.

Seriously people a brand new record breaking ride has some issues upon opening “oh wow you don’t say”, how could they not have seen this coming with it being something never done before nor having been in operation for than a couple of weeks, “how could they have not known oh the horror.” Oh and take into account that they are one of the very few ride manufacturers who allow modifications to be performed to their rides after the fact.

So just remember it’s not only Intamin constructing the ride so may not always be their portion that caused the issue. In fact I say this is a positive for them as they have so much faith in their abilities and product that they don’t mind others adding to it where companines like B&M don’t want their rides touched and still get people stuck upside down for almost an hour(Flying Dinosaur) so just some food for thought, enjoy.

Intamin takes on projects that others won't and also has some questionable design/fabrication that leads to many issues. Here's a list of a few...
  • Maverick needing to be retracked because a barrel roll was going too quickly, delayed opening of the ride
  • Millennium Force issues with lift cable and new restraints
  • TTD issues with the ride system overall
  • Wicked Twister not being designed with enough supports for the towers, had to be added after the ride was open after wear was found earlier than anticipated
  • Falcon's Fury, period
  • Gringotts installation, bus bar was incorrectly installed causing late testing
  • Volcano the Blast Coaster's continuous issues and now extended down time/removal
  • And many more
Intamin has a history of issues and that's not saying other manufacturers don't have issues or Intimin has never had a ride built and commissioned with no issues. But there is a pattern and a "you get what you pay for" mentality.

Also your Flying Dinosaur comparison is a poor one, an evac on a lift isn't like fundamental design flaws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Intamin takes on projects that others won't and also has some questionable design/fabrication that leads to many issues. Here's a list of a few...
  • Maverick needing to be retracked because a barrel roll was going too quickly, delayed opening of the ride
  • Millennium Force issues with lift cable and new restraints
  • TTD issues with the ride system overall
  • Wicked Twister not being designed with enough supports for the towers, had to be added after the ride was open after wear was found earlier than anticipated
  • Falcon's Fury, period
  • Gringotts installation, bus bar was incorrectly installed causing late testing
  • Volcano the Blast Coaster's continuous issues and now extended down time/removal
  • And many more
Intamin has a history of issues and that's not saying other manufacturers don't have issues or Intimin has never had a ride built and commissioned with no issues. But there is a pattern and a "you get what you pay for" mentality.

Also your Flying Dinosaur comparison is a poor one, an evac on a lift isn't like fundamental design flaws.
Not only Wicked Twister, but every impulse needed extra supports added to them I believe. But Intamin isn’t to blame for Volcano’s current issues, those are due to KD neglecting the ride.

Not only Wicked Twister, but every impulse needed extra supports added to them I believe. But Intamin isn’t to blame for Volcano’s current issues, those are due to KD neglecting the ride.
True, I got to (Almost) ride it, I chickened out. To this day I don’t know why.

so slightly off topic, but I have a question about wait times at Sea World.

We are thinking of going Thanksgiving week. Tuesday the 20th to be exact.

I know typically this is a really busy week at Disney, but does Sea World see a large increase in crowds too?
What are the typical waits for the roller coasters?
Is it worth buying the "Express Pass"?

Also...my daughter is like 53 inches. So I'm hoping she grows an extra inch in a month, otherwise I think we will wait until she's tall enough.
It's 54 and up right? Not above 54