Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW Price Increase Thread

Honestly, I really think they price these one day tickets so high so that the After Hours events and things like MNSSHP and MVMCP look like a good dal in comparison.
They are going to jack up those prices too just wait.

I think the goal is to mostly get rid of 1 day ticket guests. If you aren't paying for a bigger package or multi day Disney views you as a leech.

I think the goal is to mostly get rid of 1 day ticket guests. If you aren't paying for a bigger package or multi day Disney views you as a leech.
Well, leach or sucker. I wonder how many single day tickets they sell.

Edit:
From what I found it is a surprising to me 6% to 9%

Last edited:

I would love to know if offsite hotels feel a pinch from this crap. You are exactly right. You simply can't take your family of 4 to WDW for 2 days. It would cost you like a thousand dollars. PLUS you would no prayer of riding any new rides without a wait that you would pay about $100 for.

Universal is usually the same price for 2, 3, or 4 days. Disney doesn't start getting cheaper until day 5.

I would love to know if offsite hotels feel a pinch from this crap. You are exactly right. You simply can't take your family of 4 to WDW for 2 days. It would cost you like a thousand dollars. PLUS you would no prayer of riding any new rides without a wait that you would pay about $100 for.

Universal is usually the same price for 2, 3, or 4 days. Disney doesn't start getting cheaper until day 5.
Disney has always made the price much cheaper after day 4 per day for tickets but the upfront cost is so high now you have to stay way more days to feel like it is a decent value per day.

I think offsite hotels might benefit in a way from higher ticket prices. People are going to look for any other ways to save money. For a long time I thought it was a no brainer to stay on site for the benefits if all stars was only $50 a night higher for a few nights. Now between the parking fees, hotel increases, worse transportation and cut back magic hours it's easier to put the money towards tickets. There are so many on site hotels now with more coming that an hour in the morning extra is almost useless outside of beating the fastpassers for the biggest rides. You might as well go to any other non EMH park at opening for a better chance to walk on rides and probably have lesser crowds for the rest of the day than the EMH park anyway.

I think the Disney hotels largely operate in their own reality now outside of actual market pricing with people so used to staying on site they don't know what the alternative is.

Disney has always made the price much cheaper after day 4 per day for tickets but the upfront cost is so high now you have to stay way more days to feel like it is a decent value per day.

I think offsite hotels might benefit in a way from higher ticket prices. People are going to look for any other ways to save money. For a long time I thought it was a no brainer to stay on site for the benefits if all stars was only $50 a night higher for a few nights. Now between the parking fees, hotel increases, worse transportation and cut back magic hours it's easier to put the money towards tickets. There are so many on site hotels now with more coming that an hour in the morning extra is almost useless outside of beating the fastpassers for the biggest rides. You might as well go to any other non EMH park at opening for a better chance to walk on rides and probably have lesser crowds for the rest of the day than the EMH park anyway.

I think the Disney hotels largely operate in their own reality now outside of actual market pricing with people so used to staying on site they don't know what the alternative is.

Yup. Disney resorts are at least 50% Diznoids who think it's their "happy place". That, and being kidnapped at the airport is just sooooo convenient, and really expensive in the long run. And Disney is happy to oblige them, at great cost. The parking fee SHOULD have been a huge hit to onsite hotel occupancy, but not surprisingly, the Diznoids probably think its magical in some way. And whoever thought of it, and approved it, should be much richer.

I would only stay onsite at this point if for some reason we were making a special trip with new to Disney folks or something. Oh, and had the money to waste. Our last onsite stay was when Free Dining WAS Free, and included appetizer and dessert, and tip. Even then, it just barely came out on top economically.

As you say, EMH is just stupid anyway. The best attack is what you say, go to the non EMH park. It's been that way forever, but the FP+ abomination made it worse. I find it VERY interesting that Disney has said no FP+ for SWGE. To me, that is them admitting it is a failure. But, again, it keeps Diznoids in the hotel rooms, thinking their 1 or 2 E ticket rides a day via the 60 day window is just so Magical.

I still think they are going to roll out some serious private events for SWGE. If they made those like "Free" Dining, and you had to stay on site, AND buy tickets, to be able to go to them, that would maybe get me back.

I hope I didn't just give them an evil idea.

Yup. Disney resorts are at least 50% Diznoids who think it's their "happy place". That, and being kidnapped at the airport is just sooooo convenient, and really expensive in the long run. And Disney is happy to oblige them, at great cost. The parking fee SHOULD have been a huge hit to onsite hotel occupancy, but not surprisingly, the Diznoids probably think its magical in some way. And whoever thought of it, and approved it, should be much richer.

I would only stay onsite at this point if for some reason we were making a special trip with new to Disney folks or something. Oh, and had the money to waste. Our last onsite stay was when Free Dining WAS Free, and included appetizer and dessert, and tip. Even then, it just barely came out on top economically.

As you say, EMH is just stupid anyway. The best attack is what you say, go to the non EMH park. It's been that way forever, but the FP+ abomination made it worse. I find it VERY interesting that Disney has said no FP+ for SWGE. To me, that is them admitting it is a failure. But, again, it keeps Diznoids in the hotel rooms, thinking their 1 or 2 E ticket rides a day via the 60 day window is just so Magical.

I still think they are going to roll out some serious private events for SWGE. If they made those like "Free" Dining, and you had to stay on site, AND buy tickets, to be able to go to them, that would maybe get me back.

I hope I didn't just give them an evil idea.
Disney apparently has 36,000 on site hotel rooms and growing which is more than I thought. Those events would be jam packed and Disney would be more likely to give people the "oppertunity" to add this for a discounted rate to extract more money and limit the number of onsite guests for such an event.

EMH is great when they do night ones because you are already in the park when they start or can get in fast. I expect they do more morning ones (besides leaving nights for upcharges] because they are all about getting the guests to blame themselves for not getting up early enough to get ready/transport to the parks to and not Disney for providing adequate services.

And remember fast pass was a way to get people out of lines spending in the parks but MM+ was actually a way to data mine and push prices for everything to the breaking point. I would say worth the billion dollar or more investment people blamed for lack of other investments.

Disney apparently has 36,000 on site hotel rooms and growing which is more than I thought. Those events would be jam packed and Disney would be more likely to give people the "oppertunity" to add this for a discounted rate to extract more money and limit the number of onsite guests for such an event.

EMH is great when they do night ones because you are already in the park when they start or can get in fast. I expect they do more morning ones (besides leaving nights for upcharges] because they are all about getting the guests to blame themselves for not getting up early enough to get ready/transport to the parks to and not Disney for providing adequate services.

And remember fast pass was a way to get people out of lines spending in the parks but MM+ was actually a way to data mine and push prices for everything to the breaking point. I would say worth the billion dollar or more investment people blamed for lack of other investments.

Not if you like actual rides. MM+ and FP+ just proved to them they could continue kidnapping Diznoids at the airport, and make lots of cash.

They have alienated lots of folks, can they keep squeezing the Diznoids? The fact they are spending more money on rides in 2 years than they had in the last 20 tells me they may have overplayed.

Not if you like actual rides. MM+ and FP+ just proved to them they could continue kidnapping Diznoids at the airport, and make lots of cash.

They have alienated lots of folks, can they keep squeezing the Diznoids? The fact they are spending more money on rides in 2 years than they had in the last 20 tells me they may have overplayed.
Disney was stagnant for a long while, no doubt. They got complacent until Universal proved to be a formidable competitor (and let us all be thankful for this). We can't change what they did in the past though and neither can they. I'm glad they are at least attempting to make up for it in this stretch now, however. It's a win all around for the consumer, who is seeing many big additions at both Universal and Disney over the next few years.

Disney was stagnant for a long while, no doubt. They got complacent until Universal proved to be a formidable competitor (and let us all be thankful for this). We can't change what they did in the past though and neither can they. I'm glad they are at least attempting to make up for it in this stretch now, however. It's a win all around for the consumer, who is seeing many big additions at both Universal and Disney over the next few years.
Yes. And the new recent expansions awakened my interest. It was the major reason I scheduled a mainly Disney vacation (with a few Universal days thrown in for good measure) for the first time in four years. Until this splurge I had basically Universal on site vacations with a few day trips to Disney thrown in. There's a lot about WDW mgt. that I don't like (too much pre planning, staff cuts, constant cost cutting, way over priced hotel resorts), but I do love the 4 WDW parks. Now I have reasons to go back.

Yes. And the new recent expansions awakened my interest. It was the major reason I scheduled a mainly Disney vacation (with a few Universal days thrown in for good measure) for the first time in four years. Until this splurge I had basically Universal on site vacations with a few day trips to Disney thrown in. There's a lot about WDW mgt. that I don't like (too much pre planning, staff cuts, constant cost cutting, way over priced hotel resorts), but I do love the 4 WDW parks. Now I have reasons to go back.
My worry is that they’ll go back to they’re old ways after the 50th. I hope they finally see that spending on theme parks leads renewed buzz and increased guest spending.

My worry is that they’ll go back to they’re old ways after the 50th. I hope they finally see that spending on theme parks leads renewed buzz and increased guest spending.

That’s been my fear building up to the 50th I’d its not a success but it’s looking highly likely they will make their money back and a lot more.

Hopefully they’ll continue and with Universal building a new park, it gives even more incentive.

That’s been my fear building up to the 50th I’d its not a success but it’s looking highly likely they will make their money back and a lot more.

Hopefully they’ll continue and with Universal building a new park, it gives even more incentive.
That’s good for Orlando but Anaheim on the other hand :grin:

They will have dropped many many billions by the time the 50th rolls around, but they make so much I’d assume yeah, they’ll make money back and then a lot more.

and perhaps they'll get around to fixing Tomorrowland, and maybe even taking the RocketRod track down before it rots away.

Plenty of room for expansion in that area of the park. I’ve also never really understood the need for all the monorail track either.