Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

I was also at Volcano Bay recently. The foliage really looks amazing around the park. One thing that was a bit bothersome was just getting to the park. When I was there, they were holding everyone in the parking garage until 9:45 AM. We got to the parking lot at 9:15 and was just standing in this line not knowing why we weren't going on the bus. Then they tried to squeeze as many people as possible on the bus to the point it was uncomfortable.

Another note, the "canoes" are no more at Krakatau Aqua Coaster. They don't have the canoe shaped rafts anymore, just a standard looking one now. I wonder why the change

I was also at Volcano Bay recently. The foliage really looks amazing around the park. One thing that was a bit bothersome was just getting to the park. When I was there, they were holding everyone in the parking garage until 9:45 AM. We got to the parking lot at 9:15 and was just standing in this line not knowing why we weren't going on the bus. Then they tried to squeeze as many people as possible on the bus to the point it was uncomfortable.

Another note, the "canoes" are no more at Krakatau Aqua Coaster. They don't have the canoe shaped rafts anymore, just a standard looking one now. I wonder why the change
yes they could use some help with the bus situation. We were there first week of Feb, arrived to a waiting bus (it was pretty cold that day so hardly anyone in the park). We immediately boarded and then sat, and sat, and sat. Never informed us what the issue was. Pretty much ignored that we were there and just held a conversation amongst the 3 team members. There was another bus sitting behind us the whole time so not sure what we were waiting for. I think it was at least 15 minutes later when we finally left the garage. This was around 1pm so park had been open for hours already.

@Andysol, did you end up going to the park today? It was a nice day, weather-wise. How was it on Saturday? Also, VB is closed tomorrow and Wednesday due to cold temps
Sorry- just saw this. We did and it was great. Very little crowds and everything was a blast.

So a group of us hit up the park this past Saturday for a few hours, and figured I'd share some thoughts:

1. The foliage has grown in great since 2 years ago. While walking around, there are not as many areas where you feel like you're bordering the road/I4.
2. Te Awa.... Oh boy, has that river gotten better. It is soo much damn fun, but you can take a bit of a beating. I still wish under the volcano was a bit more themed, as seeing the waterpipes kinda sucks.
3. TapuTapu was working great for a Spring Break Saturday. Most of the rides were under 30 min, or Ride Now. The only exception was Krakatoa, which was a 45 min wait.

Glad to see the fine-tuning since opening has helped the park tremendously.
Agreed on all points. VB just knocks it out of the park. The music is on point also.

I didn’t even notice but now that you mention it, they did drop the “canoe”. Also curious as to why. The canoe was great looking.

With all the talk of shuffling projects around and things getting delayed and/or cancelled, is there any word if maybe the Volcano Bay expansion that was planned for 2018 happens in 2022? Haven't heard a peep about that expansion plot just sitting there.

With all the talk of shuffling projects around and things getting delayed and/or cancelled, is there any word if maybe the Volcano Bay expansion that was planned for 2018 happens in 2022? Haven't heard a peep about that expansion plot just sitting there.
Word on the street is it’s gearing up to start back up now actually. Finally.

Volcano bay just doesn't have a lot of value to me for more than a year on the pass for now. I can go to Aquatica or the Disney water parks for not much money for how often I get to water parks and then circle back there in a few years. Hopefully they have more stuff by then.

qr2s5cfemfv21.jpg

Kings Dominion or Volcano Bay?

:bolt:

volcano bay would be better if they finished the volcano....
My apologies if this has been covered, but wouldn't it have trapped a lot of hot air (sort of a greenhouse effect) if they would have had it entirely enclosed? Would that not have required HVAC to ensure the inside was cooled? Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not an engineer. :)

I do wish the pipes/tubes/structures were better themed throughout the park (e.g. wood/bamboo style), but I understand if logistically it wasn't possible (or too costly) for them to cover the backside of the volcano.

Cirque Du Soleil released concept art a while back for a proposed water park, and of course it's only concept art, but I do wish that the tubes/structures at VB would have looked more like this.
Themed-waterslides-day-948x500.jpeg

Last edited: